First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
P0302
P0316
B115E
B108A

Anyone tell me what these diagnostic codes mean.
My 2016 mustang ecoboost got a CEL and these are the codes im getting.
Sponsored

onilink67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible PP
P0302
P0316
B115E
B108A

Anyone tell me what these diagnostic codes mean.
My 2016 mustang ecoboost got a CEL and these are the codes im getting.
P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0316 - Misfire Detected on Startup (First 1000 Revolutions)
B115E - Camera Module
B108A - Auxillary 1 Input Circuit Short to Ground

The 2 P codes are referencing a misfire obviously how many miles are on your car? Could it be due for a tuneup?

The B Codes are much more vague, have you messed with any of your wiring? Is your rear-view camera working?

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0316 - Misfire Detected on Startup (First 1000 Revolutions)
B115E - Camera Module
B108A - Auxillary 1 Input Circuit Short to Ground

The 2 P codes are referencing a misfire obviously how many miles are on your car? Could it be due for a tuneup?

The B Codes are much more vague, have you messed with any of your wiring? Is your rear-view camera working?
Appreciate the quick reply!

I recently got brand new spark plugs and normal service check up on it. It currently has around 80k miles (My job has me traveling many miles to LA)

The rear camera is working, after I was rear ended, the repair shop used a non Ford camera to replace my stock one. Doesn't bother me at all.

Ford made a huge deal because I had my JLT CAI installed which they decided to not touch my car because of it being installed instead of the stock air box. So currently I am swapping out my JLT CAI for the stock air box, just so they can take it in & repair it.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Since you recently did spark plugs, make sure the coil boot is correctly seated on them and obviously make sure the plugs are installed correctly.

The camera module error is obviously caused by the aftermarket camera and aux1 input probably a loose wire somewhere.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Since you recently did spark plugs, make sure the coil boot is correctly seated on them and obviously make sure the plugs are installed correctly.

The camera module error is obviously caused by the aftermarket camera and aux1 input probably a loose wire somewhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)

It'll be my first time having to deal with a misfire. But is the problem usually the spark plug?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
That's the first place to look usually, but it can be anything ignition related. My 16 GT had a p0300 and p0308 misfire which was caused by a cracked throttle body. Just start by making sure the coil boots are seated correctly. You may get lucky and find the problem right there.

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
My buddy is having same issue. Did you resolve it yet?
Literally about to start work on it today. I work 12-13 hour shifts. Luckily I have the day off. I'll let you guys know. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
FIXED TEMPORARILY...

So I used a valve / turbo cleaner spray that I saw on Ford YouTube channel. (I read later that you shouldn't use it, but went ahead & did it anyways because I've read many good reviews on it.)

It for sure cleaned out all the gunk and after replacing all the spark plugs, it ran like new. No shaking. No check engine light. Drove it for over 10 hours yesterday, and it was flawless.

However today, it had a rough idle start up. And the check engine light came on again.

I'm not home to check the codes, but I'm still confused on wtf it could be!

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Might be going against the grain here, but I'd say if you can find Redline Si-1, dump a bottle of that in your gas tank on your next fill up to see if it temporarily helps.

Have you tried swapping the spark plug from Cyl 2 to Cyl 4 for example to see if the code follows it, that would also help narrow things down. If it follows then the plug is your problem, if it stays it's likely the coil or injector.

Meanwhile check your spark plug gap is correct. Most turbo cars like a tighter spark plug gap like .032 - .030. Depending on your tune you may want to get step colder plugs and/or tighter gap, though I doubt blowout is an issue.

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
Might be going against the grain here, but I'd say if you can find Redline Si-1, dump a bottle of that in your gas tank on your next fill up to see if it temporarily helps.

Have you tried swapping the spark plug from Cyl 2 to Cyl 4 for example to see if the code follows it, that would also help narrow things down. If it follows then the plug is your problem, if it stays it's likely the coil or injector.

Meanwhile check your spark plug gap is correct. Most turbo cars like a tighter spark plug gap like .032 - .030. Depending on your tune you may want to get step colder plugs and/or tighter gap, though I doubt blowout is an issue.

We swapped coil packs 2 & 3 (cylinder 2 has misfire). But still I'm getting "cylinder 2 misfire", and "misfire on startup 1000 revolutions"

It was running like new the day after we regapped the new spark plugs, and cleaned the valves with the spray. But yesterday it went right back to normal.

I'm 99% sure I need to clean my valves, which should solve this problem. But I can't find anyone in Southern California who does Walnut blasting, on 2016 mustang ecoboost.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
We swapped coil packs 2 & 3 (cylinder 2 has misfire). But still I'm getting "cylinder 2 misfire", and "misfire on startup 1000 revolutions"

It was running like new the day after we regapped the new spark plugs, and cleaned the valves with the spray. But yesterday it went right back to normal.

I'm 99% sure I need to clean my valves, which should solve this problem. But I can't find anyone in Southern California who does Walnut blasting, on 2016 mustang ecoboost.
Where did you spray this Ford cleaning stuff? You can try seafoam from a vacuum source before the valves. The thingy I mentioned is more for a clogged injector.

I had a really bad misfire before on my 2.3 turbo Mazda (very similar engine, also has DI), and my issue ended up not being the valves but rather a bad fuel injector and worn seals. My valves looked like shit but never had a misfire after that swap.

Reason I found the injector was bad is that every time I put redline si-1 in the tank, misfire would go away. After a week it would return, could be repeated over and over.

You should also think about getting an oil catch can.
Sponsored