Sponsored

A/C fluctuations - Anybody else have this issue?

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey guys,

Just checking to see if anybody else has encountered an issue to where the A/C fluctuates (quite rapidly) in output.

I'm asking because I ran into this odd behavior roughly a month after I purchased my car. The A/C goes from full output to dropping out almost entirely, only to surge back, and so on and so forth...

I also noticed I couldn't turn off the de-frost button unless I toggled the A/C intensity back and forth. Again... odd.

Truth be told, I've had quite a few issues with this car, and I have less than 1,500 miles on it. Given how the dealer has handled every issue, I'm about to go off like a 45 year old woman whose coupon was denied at a grocery store. Before I do however, I'm just checking to see if anybody else has experience the same thing as I have.

Thanks!

Edit: For what it's worth: I have a 17' GT. Owned a 16' V6 for 8 months. Spent a lot of time in a California Special and other GT's. NONE of them exhibited this issue.
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a 2011 Mustang GT,I had a problem like that 2 weeks ago,it was 97* outside, and I was doing about 80 MPH on the Hwy,my A/C would blow cold then go to warm then back to cold.On MAX A/C it was a little better but not much,took it to my speed shop,they vaced it down and recharged it, it was a 1/2 pound low,works like a charm now.Have your A/C charge checked bet it's low on charge.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I just figured it was an ocillating fan in the dash blowing my ac across the car. The thought never crossed my mind to take it back and saying it was defective! Is it?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
My car only blows cold air out of the very center vent unless its on recirculation mode. In normal outside air cooling mode hot air comes from all of the vents besides the center one. Its on a list of things to have the dealer look at when I bring it for its first oil change.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dary - Thanks for providing the links to other threads! I had no idea this issue has been present throughout the S550 production cycle. There's def. some good leads in there that I can use.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think the climate control in these cars is crap.Drivers vent is always 10° warmer(set on cold( or cooler (set on warm)to the other vents.The screen fogs up easily and i mostly run it on ac auto.Ive had the dash pulled, not for the evaporator but for other issues.Im sure the core will be next, love the car but disappointed.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I can hear mine fluxing, but I can't complain of less coolness, so far. I'll keep an ear on this development and this thread but so far at 15,000 miles my pony is still cooling well.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
never had a problem on my early production '15 model.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Yeah it dips when the compressor cycles, or any little power hit like if you use the power window control. even if the window is up and you pull up on the switch, the engine idle comes up and the AC takes a dip. It's normal. I was trying to take a nap while the kid was in bball practice the other day and the cycling was getting annoying, but it was like 95 out so leaving everything running in the car was a must.

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
Could be your fan/blower motor going, went in my 1 yr old Edge.

Try putting it on full blast see if it varies....my GT seemed to have done it once this summer keeping an eye on it.

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
I have a 2016 and two months after getting it, June 2016, mine started doing the exact same thing. I took it to the dealer, and they could no duplicate the problem. I took the car home and video taped it. I brought the car back, and again they could not duplicate it. My problem is I work and have to take half a day off to drop it off at the dealer and get a ride to work. Winter came and I stopped using the AC. This spring when I started using the AC, same problem. The air coming out goes from the proper setting flow to almost nothing, back to normal over and over. I need to bring it in soon to get it fixed. Another half day of lost wages and no loaner car. Please update what your fix was.
Sponsored