Sponsored

Floridian reporting in: Tampa/St. Pete

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i will be in for sebring, not sure what i will be driving. i have about 20 hrs on the long course. fun place.

i think we should have a 550 meet where no one has the car! :)

beers
Sounds like fun, but that would be a 4 hour drive for a :cheers:. I think I'd rather wait for the 550 meet when we can actually show off our new babies.
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Tampa here.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Why not? I believe they have days like that at Kansas Speedway.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car

Sponsored

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had a car to bring to a track. I went to the Sebring website, but didn't see anything about allowing regular people to run the track. Have you been? If not, is there an affordable place in FL? Maybe we need to start planning a 2015 Mustang rally for the beginning of 2015 now! :bolt:
I've never been to Sebring myself, although it's something I've always wanted to do! It's a two hour drive southeast for me, so I need a good reason to go and a car that can handle the heat. After a number of us have our S550s and allot some time for break-in, a track day should be in order. :D

I met a guy recently who lives in the local area and he told me that there's almost always access to public track days there. The alternative would be an autocross event, but I don't think it would be worth a lot of peoples' time to drive way out if their way to meet up only for a couple minutes of driving time.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For all of the local Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete guys, there's a Cars & Coffee meet that's setup on (I think) the third Saturday morning of each month. Would be a good place to brig the new Stang. Usually a good deal of muscle and pony cars there.

justang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura TL
For all of the local Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete guys, there's a Cars & Coffee meet that's setup on (I think) the third Saturday morning of each month. Would be a good place to brig the new Stang. Usually a good deal of muscle and pony cars there.
I used to go there every month. I've missed the past few, but I'm going to try to get up for the next one on 19th.

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
http://justtrackit.net/upcoming-event-information/daytona-10312014/

i will be at this event. not sure what i will be driving..

beers
This sounds great! So, it is possible to race on in infield track at Daytona. For $350, sounds affordable too. Unfortunately, no novice runs this time and I would definitely be considered a novice. My wife also just vetoed spending Halloween at a racetrack. Looks like I've got some work ahead of me convincing her of just how much fun it could be :frusty:

Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
running daytona for that kind of money is very rare. and yes it is an add on one day event so you have to have done it before..

do a search for hooked on driving, they are at sebring often.. i have not run with them, but hear they do a good job.

beers

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
running daytona for that kind of money is very rare. and yes it is an add on one day event so you have to have done it before..

do a search for hooked on driving, they are at sebring often.. i have not run with them, but hear they do a good job.

beers
This is great information. I have a feeling I'm going to wish I had ordered that GT now. The ecoboost, even with a tune, will only be 350 or so hp. I bet it will still be fun to learn how to drive a race course, even with the little pony :p

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This is great information. I have a feeling I'm going to wish I had ordered that GT now. The ecoboost, even with a tune, will only be 350 or so hp. I bet it will still be fun to learn how to drive a race course, even with the little pony :p
if i get the s550, it will be an ecoboost. it will be lighter and likely handle better on a road course. and trust me the hp of the ecoboost will be more than enough to have fun with on track..

i have an rx8 that i only use for track events it is plenty fast around the track with ~200hp. i am hoping the s550 handles close to this car.

beers

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Thx for the heads up on the racing events, plan on trying one of these out some time next year.

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
if i get the s550, it will be an ecoboost. it will be lighter and likely handle better on a road course. and trust me the hp of the ecoboost will be more than enough to have fun with on track..

i have an rx8 that i only use for track events it is plenty fast around the track with ~200hp. i am hoping the s550 handles close to this car.

beers
That is great news :clap2: Can't wait to check it out!
Sponsored