Rear Sway Bar: GT350 vs GT350R

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I think the guy is wrong. If you look at the front sway bar for the GT's, the non-PP is A and the PP is B. Logic seems, to me at least, that Ford would follow the same logic with the GT350... E is for the GT350 and G is for the GT350R

Though I wonder where F went...
F was probably a version that was tested conceptually and they ended up with something different enough that they went to an entirely different suffix, rather than rev'ing the part.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Levittown has sent me screen captures showing that the

FR3Z-5A772-G is for the Magneride version (no mention of R or not)
FR3Z-5A772-E shows for the R.

I know both Tasca and Levittown's public databases say the opposite.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
The suspense on which one is correct is killing me!:D

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Levittown is going to order both. Once they come in we'll have more concrete info.

Anyone find a VIN for a non-Magneride GT350R?
I've even contacted two guys on autotrader selling their R's (VINs posted)....I've asked both if they have Magneride or not?
As soon as we have a GT350R Non-Magneride VIN, Levittown can then cross reference the VIN to the correct sway bar. Their non-VIN filtered searches simply don't give enough info.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Levittown is going to order both. Once they come in we'll have more concrete info.

I've even contacted two guys on autotrader selling their R's (VINs posted)....I've asked both if they have Magneride or not?
As soon as we have a GT350R Non-Magneride VIN, Levittown can then cross reference the VIN to the correct sway bar. Their non-VIN filtered searches simply don't give enough info.
I'm wondering what all the differences are whether it is Magneride or not. I'm also wondering how many variations they have... if there is a difference with Magneride, I would think that would be 4 part numbers:
  1. GT350 non-Magneride
  2. GT350 Magneride
  3. GT350R non-Magneride
  4. GT350R Magneride

The parts catalogs isn't supporting this at all. Under shocks, they do make distinctions between Magneride and non-Magneride shocks and distinguish whether it is for a GT350 or GT350R. So, if there is a distinction with the sway bars, I would think there would be more entries like the shocks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad they were able to clear that up. Still curious about the difference between E and G. Guess the R was first for parts
GT350R rear sway bar is 24 mm in diameter.

The stock GT/PP and GT350 both have a 22.2 mm rear sway bar. Non-PP GT is 21.7 mm.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Almost certain Magride shocks are standard on the GT350R, with no package that deletes them. Also standard on the 2017 regular GT350 (the GT350 Track Pack was essentially made standard in 2017).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Non mag ride was only offered for the 2016MY base GT350, which had monotube dampers front and rear. It also had slightly different front springs compared to the non-R GT350 with mag ride.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Im unclear what diff the magna/non magna ride makes here with a sway bar, Is it bent differently to clear the magnaride? You would *think* that the bars are all the same design just thicker in diameter (or not). The shorter arm on the R would indeed make the bar stiffer while keeping the same diameter though 8mm is pretty lame. I'd think unless there's a cost advantage here that any of the aftermarket offerings would be better.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Im unclear what diff the magna/non magna ride makes here with a sway bar, Is it bent differently to clear the magnaride?
I'm curious about this part as well. Even if it is bent to clear components that don't exist in the other S550 models, why would it make a difference? I mean, if it does the job and uses the same mounting points...:shrug:

I'd think unless there's a cost advantage here that any of the aftermarket offerings would be better.
There is. I can order both front and rear bars and all the related parts for less than any aftermarket bar (front or rear). So far, there is conflicting information but it seems that we are talking a 1mm difference between GT350R and aftermarket bars.
Sponsored