Sponsored

I want to deprogram my rear speakers' EQ

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
I bought a GT Vert without the Shaker Pro so I added a JL Microsub and tapped the front speakers. After I was really disappointed. I usually only drive with the top down but this week noticed that when I would unlatch the top the audio cuts out for a second and then the bass drops off significantly. So, clearly Ford is playing games with the audio. I thought that I read that they purposely drop the bass with the top down. Need to fix that! Thanks!
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I bought a GT Vert without the Shaker Pro so I added a JL Microsub and tapped the front speakers. After I was really disappointed. I usually only drive with the top down but this week noticed that when I would unlatch the top the audio cuts out for a second and then the bass drops off significantly. So, clearly Ford is playing games with the audio. I thought that I read that they purposely drop the bass with the top down. Need to fix that! Thanks!
My guess would be you need to follow the instructions for 727-01-02 in the post I linked to: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1745122&postcount=1299

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Thank, I saw that but I'm not looking for lineout for all of the speakers. I am still using the factory amp for the speakers in the cabin. Just tapped the fronts for the sub. I just want to kill what I assume is the EQ that kicks in when the top gets dropped.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That's what I'm getting at. The first two digits of 727-01-02 control the EQ. 727-01-01 controls the type of output.

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
OK got ya, so setting it to 0 turns it off? I just got my scanner so it will probably be a bit more clear when I plug in.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Set only the first two digits of 727-01-02 to zeroes, leave everything else alone.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
FORSCAN is not showing the ACM module. I can't access the 727 blocks.

I have:
PCM
OBDII
APIM
ICM
PAM
BdyCM

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
FORSCAN is not showing the ACM module. I can't access the 727 blocks.

I have:
PCM
OBDII
APIM
ICM
PAM
BdyCM
Sounds like you're using an adapter of some sort that can't read MS-CAN - or you need to flip the switch on your adapter from HS-CAN to MS-CAN if it's been modified.

I always recommend the ODBLink MX Bluetooth because it just works for everyone. No switch to flip. Downside is cost.

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Yeah, I bought the cheap one initially too and that is all that I saw. The one that Spart recommended just came today so I'm going to try it tonight.

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Yes, I ordered the same one also. It should show up tomorrow.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I wish there was a consistent source for modified USB units, but so many of the eBay sellers are fly by night and you can't trust anything listed on Amazon half the time because it might be a different seller every time you look at the listing.

SWallace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Vert
Well, made the changes and no dice. Bass still falls off a cliff when you unlatch the top. Went back in and verified that the change took and the value is still 00 for 727-01-02 in the first two positions. It was 727-01-02 0700 38. I changed it to 727-01-02 0000 38.

I was using the F-150 spreadsheet, is there a Mustang specific one? Any other ideas?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Well, made the changes and no dice. Bass still falls off a cliff when you unlatch the top. Went back in and verified that the change took and the value is still 00 for 727-01-02 in the first two positions. It was 727-01-02 0700 38. I changed it to 727-01-02 0000 38.

I was using the F-150 spreadsheet, is there a Mustang specific one? Any other ideas?
The ACM module is the same for the Mustang.

If you have time to do some digging, my advice would be to find a hardtop car configured like yours, and get the as-built for it. Then get the as-built for your car. Then compare them using As-Built Compare. You're looking for differences specifically in the ACM module I would think.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
The ACM module is the same for the Mustang.

If you have time to do some digging, my advice would be to find a hardtop car configured like yours, and get the as-built for it. Then get the as-built for your car. Then compare them using As-Built Compare. You're looking for differences specifically in the ACM module I would think.
Momma told me there'd be days like this, but she never told me I'd have to become a programmer to install a car stereo :frusty:
Sponsored