Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lame AF

Why can "nothing" be done about the date, what prompted the change and what is the issue that is keeping it there?
Patrick, please see below which was referenced in Post #1:

PLEASE READ:

As we know the date has changed from the middle of Summer to September (which we can do nothing about so please refrain from degrading the date/mocking it).

I'm looking forward to having another successful year and meeting even more Mustang6g.com Members this year!

The organizers moved the date. That's all that can be said.
Sponsored

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm going to try and make it again. Probably won't be all week but I'll keep my eye out for the date on the M6G meet and try to be there that day. Same Italian place?

At least it won't be sweltering this time.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try and make it again. Probably won't be all week but I'll keep my eye out for the date on the M6G meet and try to be there that day. Same Italian place?

At least it won't be sweltering this time.
We are invited back to Ducati's, he even referenced we could have a closed-environment contest with the cars if we wish out back.

The Mods will discuss this further but we'd like to offer a little more too the Event than we did last year.

It will most likely be September 6th-7th. Leaning towards September 7th but nothing is final.

drummingrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
We loved coming to Mustang Week. We drove our '67 coupe down for MW 2015 and MW 2016 (if anyone remembers a dark green '67 coupe with a sign on the air cleaner saying "We drove this junker and left the nice cars at home" with a bunch of other old Mustangs pictured, that was us).

We won't be able to make it this year. Since it's later in the summer, we will already be back in school--wife is a teacher and I work for a college.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We loved coming to Mustang Week. We drove our '67 coupe down for MW 2015 and MW 2016 (if anyone remembers a dark green '67 coupe with a sign on the air cleaner saying "We drove this junker and left the nice cars at home" with a bunch of other old Mustangs pictured, that was us).

We won't be able to make it this year. Since it's later in the summer, we will already be back in school--wife is a teacher and I work for a college.
Understandable and sad realization of the date change.

Sponsored

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
We are invited back to Ducati's, he even referenced we could have a closed-environment contest with the cars if we wish out back.

The Mods will discuss this further but we'd like to offer a little more too the Event than we did last year.

It will most likely be September 6th-7th. Leaning towards September 7th but nothing is final.
I attended this year and Ducati's wasn't bad but it was a bit tight w/parking which caused several guys to park in the back or with the general public. It's a great atmosphere but it would be even better if we could have more real estate including the back area for "special activities." Either way, we're coming back next year!

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Perfect, right at the peak of Hurricane season for Mrtyle Beach.....

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect, right at the peak of Hurricane season for Mrtyle Beach.....
Always a chance for adverse weather anytime during the Summer.

Hopefully you can make it from Ohio. That's where I'm heading out from.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
As long as this is as far away from any "drifting" events as can be, it'll be a good event.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As long as this is as far away from any "drifting" events as can be, it'll be a good event.
There's a track night for those who like to go down the 1/4 mile.

Myrtle Beach Speedway holds road course events as well.

Sponsored

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Patrick, please see below which was referenced in Post #1:

PLEASE READ:

As we know the date has changed from the middle of Summer to September (which we can do nothing about so please refrain from degrading the date/mocking it).

I'm looking forward to having another successful year and meeting even more Mustang6g.com Members this year!

The organizers moved the date. That's all that can be said.
Yeah I read that, which is very obviously what prompted my question which was to find out why instead of not having any information on something that people obviously want to know.

So... why?

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I read that, which is very obviously what prompted my question which was to find out why instead of not having any information on something that people obviously want to know.

So... why?
The organizers decided the date change.

I'm not part of the Staff so I really can't answer that question.

That is why I said, it is, what it is, when it comes to the date sadly for those whom can't make it now since the date has been moved.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

So... why?
Why don't you ask someone on the staff if its that big a deal to know why? And not keep on with someone who is not even part of the staff?

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Why don't you ask someone on the staff if its that big a deal to know why? And not keep on with someone who is not even part of the staff?
Seemed like this was the official thread to discuss it, and it is also the thread where that was brought up and made to be a major part of the initial post. It's really simple logic, shame you can't follow.. I'm just asking for a simple explanation, if you don't want one then move along.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what they posted awhile back but this is all we know:

The Mustang Week Staff has some very important and exciting news! Upon returning from this year’s event, the Mustang Week Staff began working with the Myrtle Beach Convention Center to move our two largest events, Friday’s Car Show and Saturday’s Cruise-In, to that location. And, after some time and careful consideration, we have reached an agreement and our two main events will move there in 2017. The dates for Mustang Week 2017 will be September 4th through September 10th, 2017. For many years participants have constantly asked us to move Mustang Week to a time of year that would provide relief from the July heat. The move to early September will not only provide cooler temperatures, but will also allow participants to enjoy lower motel rates. Also, there will be much less traffic and crowding, allowing participants and sponsors to move about Myrtle Beach with less congestion. Ocean water temperatures will still be perfect for swimming, allowing participants the perfect beach vacation, while being a bit more comfortable to all.
We will hold the Car Show and Cruise-In in the large parking lots adjacent to the Convention Center. In the past we have had to limit the number of Friday’s Car Show participants and in 2016 registration for the show sold out online in less than 24 hours. In 2017, the added parking space will allow us to open the registration to more judged Car Show spots and accommodate a lot more cars during the Cruise-In.
Participants and spectators will be able to check out sponsors both outside in the cars show area and inside the main Convention Center hall and lobby! This will bring your Mustang Week experience to a whole new level.
We will be working very hard over the next couple of months to put all the final details together for the 2017 Mustang Week daily schedule. We hope that you all are as excited as we are about this move and will make the 16th Annual gathering one not to miss! As always, it is our goal to make Mustang Week the ultimate experience for both participants and sponsors.
Thank you for your continued support!
The Mustang Week Staff
Sponsored