Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Hmm... this is the only spring that comes close to matching the spring rate for the GT350 rear spring. In a way, it is somewhat better for folks that want to minimize the rake on their car as the drop is almost dead on with the 0.61" drop from the GT350 front springs.

I presume you could go with something softer in the rear but now you are messing with the ratios and will change handling characteristics. I'm thinking if you are ok with going from 160/165 up front to 240 in the front, a stiff ride isn't your concern.:shrug:
Yeah, the sp085 is as close as it gets. I would have preferred something slightly softer, actually the rate combination that I like the most is the Steeda Extreme, but then the problem would be the drop. I really like the sp082/89 drop and looks, the closest one can get with a stiffer rate and same drop was the GT350R for front and sp085 for the rear. The actual drop should be really close to the sp82/89.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need advice

I decided to do GT350 front Struts and keeping PP mono rear shocks so now I need the best springs to pair it with. I want best handling and something stiff for track and some daily driving.
It will depend on your choice of drop, [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] was planning to use this setup. He has helped me a ton with my suspension decisions, this gentleman knows a lot!

For me, the main limiting factor is the drop, it took me about a month to decide on this. Nowadays, with the Steeda spacers and GC stuff, it is less of a problem. If you are unsure, for a bit of money, GC can give you a variety of rates and drops.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I need advice

I decided to do GT350 front Struts and keeping PP mono rear shocks so now I need the best springs to pair it with. I want best handling and something stiff for track and some daily driving.

SP084 Front Springs
SP088 Rear Springs

Perfect. :cheers:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the sp085 is as close as it gets. I would have preferred something slightly softer, actually the rate combination that I like the most is the Steeda Extreme, but then the problem would be the drop. I really like the sp082/89 drop and looks, the closest one can get with a stiffer rate and same drop was the GT350R for front and sp085 for the rear. The actual drop should be really close to the sp82/89.

If Steeda will come out with their front spring spacers....

You can use the SP084 Front springs and the SP088 Rear Springs.

Dont let the SP088 "Drag" fool ya. They are 800lb/in and I have a ton of guys road coursing and DD with them on the PP shocks. Matter of fact, with those springs and the bumpstops trimmed....that "bounce" you hear about, is pretty much gone. :ford:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Dont let the SP088 "Drag" fool ya. They are 800lb/in and I have a ton of guys road coursing and DD with them on the PP shocks. Matter of fact, with those springs and the bumpstops trimmed....that "bounce" you hear about, is pretty much gone. :ford:
So you don't think understeer would be too bad with a 240f/800r?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

084/088 it is if this happens. Otherwise I know the 084 is going to be too low for my use and may end up with GT350R fronts.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah...if Steeda could come out with those. I got sick of waiting, so I just got the GT350R fronts for cheap. Depending on how they feel, I might get the 84's and the spacers later on.

The rears, perhaps I will change them to 88's later on depending on how it feels with the 85's. I worry about how the 88's would pair with the FR track shocks. If I remember correctly, some while ago you told me that the tracks or konis are too much damper for the 88's.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

Hurry up!

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 85's just arrived, these things are MASSIVE and HEAVY as hell!

Blame that on motion ratio.

Sponsored
OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I didn't go with them because of potential fitment issues (the seats, or anti-squeaks, as ford calls them) and I was too concerned with the front/rear rate balance.

If you already have an 83 set, why would you go to the GT350R setup? My main problem with those was the drop. What dampers do you plan to use?
My main problem is the drop of the front springs in the SP83 set.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So you don't think understeer would be too bad with a 240f/800r?
In my experience with hustling the car in autocross, it's begging for more front rate to improve turn-in, limit brake dive and control front camber. Rear rotation is easy to get with throttle. With a square tire setup, you won't have too much understeer at all, and it'd be easy to fine tune that with sway bars.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Yeah...if Steeda could come out with those. I got sick of waiting, so I just got the GT350R fronts for cheap. Depending on how they feel, I might get the 84's and the spacers later on.

The rears, perhaps I will change them to 88's later on depending on how it feels with the 85's. I worry about how the 88's would pair with the FR track shocks. If I remember correctly, some while ago you told me that the tracks or konis are too much damper for the 88's.
So the front GT350R's fit? Let me know what you think of the combo with the 85's. I might just end up doing the front space like BMR suggested, but having that extra travel is always nice.
I think the challenge is finding a good shock combo with these stiff springs. The Konis seem too stiff on compression from what I'm reading....

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So the front GT350R's fit? Let me know what you think of the combo with the 85's. I might just end up doing the front space like BMR suggested, but having that extra travel is always nice.
I think the challenge is finding a good shock combo with these stiff springs. The Konis seem too stiff on compression from what I'm reading....
GT350 monotube front struts and maybe Viking rears? I wish you could get the FRPP Track dampers separately (front and rear). The Steeda Adjustables possibly too. Kelly, [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], thoughts?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
guys stop wasting time and just get the BMR springs, its a fool proof solution, forget the Koni unless you dont daily drive or live on crap roads. I still think the SP080 are the best all around spring for these cars. Another consideration, i see so many guys going nuts on pouring thousands into stuff and they don't drive hard, track you do not need to spend crazy money on suspension to have some fun and have a great handling car if its set up right and not many guys know how to corner balance, and dial in a true coilover kit, ride height is easy its setting up the dynamics which takes experience. I conclude that if you chose a linear spring thats a good start. And i am not an autocross guy, i rather do a real track day at the track i am a member of or spend a full day in the mountains enjoying my car alone than sitting around in a lot waiting for a few 45 second runs.
Sponsored