gabrielg1121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP (ordered)
Hey ya'll,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or callouts for painting their calipers. Got a blacked out turbo and finally getting around to putting a pop of color. Going to paint the calipers yellow and it seems like an easy enough touchup but wondering if there's anything odd to look out for.

Thanks
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
1. clean with brake cleaner

2. take out pads and mask off parts you don't want painted

3. apply 3 coats of G2 brake paint with a quality non bristle shedding brush

4. apply decals if so desired

5. enjoy

TC :)

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Many ways to go about painting calipers. The best way is to remove the calipers from the car and sent it out to be powder coated. It's about $250-400 and your car will be down for probably a week or so. If that isn't doable, I'd recommend using G2 caliper paint. It's a self leveling epoxy paint. IMO, it's basically colored epoxy so it will not fade or chip, unlike high temp caliper spray paint. You are going to spend alot of time masking though.

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
If you want to avoid the possibility of color changes with extreme heat, go with G2 caliper paint. If you won't be generating large amounts of heat (tracking, etc), then most powdercoats hold up well. I track my car so I purchased G2 caliper paint and had them painted at a shop. Have tracked several cars with G2 caliper paint and they have held up perfectly. I also added hi-temp vinyl Brembo stickers and had them cleared with high-temp clear gloss paint.

adv6.jpg

OP
OP

gabrielg1121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2.3L 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP (ordered)
Thanks guys. I'll definitely go the G2 route. The breaks are already brembo but there's no marking from them so adding the decals will be nice touch.. Very cool. Appreciate it

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Thanks guys. I'll definitely go the G2 route. The breaks are already brembo but there's no marking from them so adding the decals will be nice touch.. Very cool. Appreciate it
The 4-piston calipers (base GT, PP EB) are actually made by Continental. They look similar to last gens track pack brembos but they are not Brembos.

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I heard the base gt breaks ate indeed still brembos.masss production from left over shelbys and track pack cars. Just not 6 piston like new ones.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'm away from my car, but need to go ahead and order some decals... What are the dimensions some of you have ordered that work on the PP Brembo™ Calipers? And lord how I wish Brembo made 2 piston calipers that would fit the rear like I had on my Evo X.

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I'm away from my car, but need to go ahead and order some decals... What are the dimensions some of you have ordered that work on the PP Brembo™ Calipers? And lord how I wish Brembo made 2 piston calipers that would fit the rear like I had on my Evo X.
from the eBay link the size of them are;

The Aprox. size is W 83mm (3.3 inch) x H 20mm (0.8 inch)

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Anyone know how close ruby red is for G2 paint match? Want to put metallic red on my brembos but don't want it to be super poppy; just a slight touch of red.
Sponsored