Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
The unit itself is not strong enough to run sync 3. Stang ATX was developing skins for the Tom top to be a sync 3 theme but has since abandoned the project. Look at the modification units being sold for the 15 through 17 Mustangs they are sync 3 theme and are far better unit then the Tom top.
Sponsored

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
So has anyone figured out how to run Sync3 on tomtop unit
Unfortunately that is not an option. Sync3 is built on a completely different software platform (QNX) than these units run. If you want Sync3 you would need to do a complete swap.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I did try contacting them. They gave me that code and told me to put it in the System Update option to change my language to English completely, because I inquired about the Chinese mute button, and the Phone Connected being cut off.

It changed it ALL to Chinese.. very frustrating.

I am now communicating with Amazon to see what my options are. It's going to be hell if I have to take everything apart again. I should've just saved more and opted for the Moddiction unit or the Raxiom unit.

EDIT: By the way, what enticed me the most about the unit I purchased (KKmoon or Docooler) was the price point of $300.00. I'm not worried about HDMI or anything too fancy. I just wanted a customized navigation program.

EDIT 2: I'VE GOT THE CODE TO CHANGE IT BACK TO ENGLISH! They were sending me on a wild goose chase. Very frustrating to be without a head unit that's not in English for nearly 3 weeks!

Car model setting password: 123456888

Tire pressure and maintenance reminder set to: 168888

Language setting for CHINESE: 1234560204

Language setting for ENGLISH: 1234560864
When you enter that code for the tire pressure and maintenance reminder, does that make the function work, or is that code just to change it from Chinese to English? Thanks

Turian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 6 speed manual.
Did anyone ever figure out what the extra wires do? Are they for optional equipment? Could the GND wire not being hooked up properly be the reason the thing beeps? Also, maybe the reason the set doesn't retain settings?

If they are not optional, then why aren't they hooked into the harness to begin with?

pgibbs1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7 V6
I ran into the same exact issue and could not get a response from anyone. Thank you so much!

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some have used hot glue on the speaker to reduce the sound, others have removed the speaker. I choose to remove the speaker entirely so no more beeping. As far as the extra wiring goes I know some wires is for a front camera hookup. Could be extra constant power, acc, and ground for the camera as well.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To get the a/c to work it's just plug and play with the Tomtop unit. The Tomtop benzal needs to be all cut to fit the premium parts, dremal and sand paper, work just fine. The drive mode has to be programmed to work I just haven't did it yet, still haven't programmed mycolor gauges yet either to get the errors out. Works great though.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi all. I have a Tomtop and with the help of some members here am working on the software update and fixing "oneConnected". I appreciate everyone who has offered support.

There are a few more updates I am hoping can be done, and wanted to see if anyone knows if they are possible:

-When on a phone call through the radio, top left says (I believe) "hone Connected" instead of "Phone Connected". Any fix for that?
-Right now the left/right buttons on the steering wheel change the radio station, not the radio preset. Any way to change the presets with the steering wheel buttons instead of just skipping to the next radio station
-If you buy the cord/adapters needed to mirror your phone, can you mirror your phone but continue to use radio/CD/USB/Bluetooth? Basically I'm just looking to mirror google maps from my phone onto the unit but keep audio functions

If there's a fix for any of these, please let me know. Thanks!

Sponsored

dw8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
The "HONE CONNECTED" was addressed earlier in this thread. To understand the tomtop unit you need to read this whole thread.

See posts #20 and #22 for the "CONNECTED" fix.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The "HONE CONNECTED" was addressed earlier in this thread. To understand the tomtop unit you need to read this whole thread.

See posts #20 and #22 for the "CONNECTED" fix.
Thanks for your help. I knew if fixed the oneConnected error but did not realize it covered the honeConnected error also. Got mine updated and its working well.

FidoInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe
Did anyone else try any video files on the unit? I can't get any audio to play from MP4/AVI files but the video plays perfectly without lag.
Sponsored