CEL - misfires

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
Getting closer... The regional customer service rep emailed me and said that all of the tests that the engineering hotline requested, passed on my vehicle. Next step is to leak test again and flush the injector. Man, I really hope it's something as simple as a fouled injector.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had my CEL come on 100 miles into owning the car. It continued to sporadically pop up and stay on. Apparently the code showed O2 Sensor replacement needed, so they replaced it. The CEL came back not even a day after that fix, and continued to come on-off sporadically (usually at high RPMs in 2nd or 3rd gear it would come on and stay on for awhile, then randomly disappear for awhile).

I went back and they checked more codes and said more O2 sensor banks needed replacement. I still need to get that done. But oddly, a few weeks after that I went to a different place to get new tires installed and the CEL hasn't come back since.

I really don't know what to think, as I've never FELT like the car was not running correctly. I just passed 17k miles and have had no issues except the anxiety of seeing the CEL.
Let me know if it comes back, 113. I’ll get it escalated for you if needed.

Have the same issues going on and this is the 3rd time my car has been back to the dealership. P0018- camshaft position sensor bank 2 and p0305, p0306, p0307 and p0308 (all bank 2 misfires). Not sure what is going on with the car since she only has 1200 miles on her. Ford seems to think that "some kind of debris is in the system" and keeps clearing the code and calling it good. Getting really frustrated at this point. :frusty:
Let me look into this for you, Slater_5.0. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Getting closer... The regional customer service rep emailed me and said that all of the tests that the engineering hotline requested, passed on my vehicle. Next step is to leak test again and flush the injector. Man, I really hope it's something as simple as a fouled injector.
Good, Silver5.0! Please, stay in contact with your CSM until this has been resolved for you.

Deysha

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Deysha, I will. Hopefully, this is my final update. Yesterday, the assistant service manager told me that Ford engineering recommended that a de-carbonization of the engine be performed. This was done last night and today I got a call that the issue seems to be resolved. They are thinking that maybe a chunk of carbon was lodged on an intake valve causing it not to seat properly, therefore, causing misfires. I've been driving around today and so far so good...

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you Deysha, I will. Hopefully, this is my final update. Yesterday, the assistant service manager told me that Ford engineering recommended that a de-carbonization of the engine be performed. This was done last night and today I got a call that the issue seems to be resolved. They are thinking that maybe a chunk of carbon was lodged on an intake valve causing it not to seat properly, therefore, causing misfires. I've been driving around today and so far so good...
Sounds great, Silver5.0. Let me know if you need me in the future. Have a good weekend!

Deysha

moates88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6 speed
This has happened to me as well only when I'm traveling for a period of time. Same code everyone is describing. But I also have a tune boss 302 IM and JLT intake. They guys who tuned my car said they I might just have to plug my tuner in and do a crank relearn. Haven't done it yet.

Sponsored

Slater_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cali, 2016 GT premium
Update on mine. The dealership just called me this morning saying that all was perfect. They wound up replacing the crankshaft solenoid, did the crank relearn, vvt solenoid and the cam phasers. I just picked it up as of about 30 minutes ago. Tomorrow will be the test (when I'm not at work) to see if it is actually fixed since I do drive it hard. Here's to hoping!:cheers:
Hope ya'll are having a good weekend!

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
Any updates mine is still running with hesitation

Slater_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cali, 2016 GT premium
Any updates mine is still running with hesitation
So far so good. The cam phaser seems to have done the job but I suppose time will tell. Makes me nervous to boost my car in the next 6-7 months though.

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Well damn. I got my car back on Friday the 10th and today, the CEL is back. Four days it lasted. P0300 and P0308 codes. I'm really bummed out.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
Well damn. I got my car back on Friday the 10th and today, the CEL is back. Four days it lasted. P0300 and P0308 codes. I'm really bummed out.
That's what codes I get.

Sponsored

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
In the post above, I said the CEL came on, which it did. But when I was driving it the next day, it went out. So, I called the dealership and told the assistant service manger what had happened AND that since the CEL went out, that I was going to hold on to it and hope it never comes back. Well, today it came back on with the same code P0308. I know i didn't mention this in other posts, but if I'm just sort of barely giving it gas in like second or third gear, I feel and hear it sort of sputter. I'll take it back to the dealership again.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
I haven't got a cel in 3 weeks but every long road trip I take usually twice a week for work, I get the cel flashing at me when I'm cruising at 80 etc. I changed my plugs to brand new iridiums gapped at .035 (I'm procharged ) and checked the compression on cylinder 1, 5, and 8 all are 200 psi. I checked the Ford 52lb injectors they are fine. No vacuum leaks and the car idles seemingly ok pulls 19 vacuum. I'm starting to think cam phasers or 02 or widebands.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Hello mikeD4V,

Please make an appointment with a different Ford Dealer, and let me know when the appointment is for. Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. I'll send you the info once I get it up to the other dealership. I haven't had a chance to take it as my work schedule and their appointment schedule haven't lined up yet.

On a side note, I switched from 93 octane to 87 octane (2 tanks so far) and the CEL turned off a few days ago. It's only been a few days so I'll keep an eye on it. When the CEL was on it seemed to start misfiring noticeably (blinking CEL) when the car was over 3k RPMs for more than 5 seconds or so. It would last for about 30 seconds and then would go back to running ok (CEL on but not blinking). I'll hit the highway on my way home from work today and keep it in 4th gear to see if it returns.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So I think I've finally found out how to "make" the car misfire but the CEL now disappears in between misfiring whereas earlier it would just stay on. Driving home from work yesterday I held the RPMs over 3k and it began misfiring. After shifting and holding the RPMs under 3k it goes away. I tried it back to back and each time it began misfiring.

I uploaded two videos in case anyone has the same symptoms and wants to try and diagnose it.

[ame]

[ame]

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
Same thing happens to my procharged car, it came out of nowhere 3 weeks ago, I've taken it to ford and everything checks out. It flashes when I'm cruising at 80 mph at 2500 rpms. The tune I have have worked fine for a year prior to this. Nobody can seem to figure it out.
Sponsored