Sponsored

BMR Tech Tip: Clock those bushings after lowering your S550!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
These pivot points are as follows:

FRONT: (anywhere there are rubber bushings)
Front Radius Control Arm - inner mount
Front Lower Control Arm - inner mount

REAR: (anywhere there are rubber bushings)
Upper Camber Link - inner and outer mounts
Toe Link Outer Knuckle Bushing
Rear Control Arm Front Inner Mount
Rear Control Arm to Knuckle Mounts

:cheers:
Any pic of where these exact nuts/bolts are that need to be clocked? I don't want to just start jacking with stuff.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Taking my car in for an alignment Monday, Hoping the guy lets me get under there and clock the bushing before alignment. Have no other way of doing it and having the car level.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Any pic of where these exact nuts/bolts are that need to be clocked? I don't want to just start jacking with stuff.
Anywhere that there is a rubber bushing

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Darn great tip, but gonna have to pay someone to do it. Load and level in the garage is a toughy.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't know much about IRS vehicles. Does this apply to subframe IRS bushings and/or the differential bushings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Darn great tip, but gonna have to pay someone to do it. Load and level in the garage is a toughy.
I was thinking about how l would do this (safely) with only one set of ramps and figured with some extra 2x12 remnants l have on hand l just may be able to swing it.
I would stack and fasten the 2x12 pieces to match the ramp heigth as close as possible for level, not going to sweat it if it's not perfectly level.
I'll first back onto the ramps, put the car in gear and set the e-brake. Using my jacking rails I'll then get the front up and position the stacked 2x12's (with built in wheel chocks) under the front tires.
And of course a pair of jack stands under the rails for safety's sake and then get down to business.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I was thinking about how l would do this (safely) with only one set of ramps and figured with some extra 2x12 remnants l have on hand l just may be able to swing it.
I would stack and fasten the 2x12 pieces to match the ramp heigth as close as possible for level, not going to sweat it if it's not perfectly level.
I'll first back onto the ramps, put the car in gear and set the e-brake. Using my jacking rails I'll then get the front up and position the stacked 2x12's (with built in wheel chocks) under the front tires.
And of course a pair of jack stands under the rails for safety's sake and then get down to business.
I tried that. The issue for me was that trying to torque some of those bolts to 183ft/lbs my big torque wrench is too long to use without more room under the car at the tricky angles having the wheels on leaves you with.

I'm just having the shop that is doing the alignment do it for me.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I need to do this, as I am slightly higher on my driver side rear.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I tried that. The issue for me was that trying to torque some of those bolts to 183ft/lbs my big torque wrench is too long to use without more room under the car at the tricky angles having the wheels on leaves you with.

I'm just having the shop that is doing the alignment do it for me.
Good point and l should have thought about this as l've been in that situation before doing similar under vehicle work.
So where if l may ask did you find the torque values for these fasteners, and since you're having the alignment shop handle it did you happen to verify that they would know the torque requirements? Thanks.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Last edited:

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anyone know the tq. specs and can post them in here?

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
I am having a clunk sound coming from what sounds like the front of the car when I hit the brakes hard. The dealership of course says its my BMR lowering springs. Anybody heard of any issues with any suspension stuff causing a clunking sound from the front end? This just started and I have had the BMR suspension components on my car for almost 3 months now.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Has anyone had any luck doing this at home without a lift? I was thinking of jacking the front of the car up and then loosening the bushings up then lowering the car and bouncing it around a bit. Then i would drive the car on ramps in the front and jack the rear up to have car be level and re tightening. Can this be done without a lift?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.