Sponsored

2015 GT PP -TICK/SCRATCHY/GRINDING noise(Issue Gradually Going Away)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Alright, slight change in plans. Going into another dealer tomorrow to drop my car off. Im hoping this dealer will be able to assist. Wade Ford wasn't helpful at all nor did they seem concerned about the issue. They looked at me like I was making it all up, and they never once listened to the video or let the tech hear it. Going to contact Rachel to let her know as well.

Taking it to Autonation Ford Union City.

I will update when I know more.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Update:

Just got back from the dealer. Sound went away and didnt really feel like leaving it there over the weekend. Going to put some more miles on it and see what happens. Im really sick and tired of wasting time going to dealers and to have the sound just go away. I guess Ill wait for something to break or for it to consistently happen.

It seems theres no noise once the car gets fully warmed up. In fact, its super quiet and all I hear is normal injector ticking.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Is it possible the higher RPM cold start is magnafying it? Have tried holding a higher RPM when it's warm to see if it's there?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Is it possible the higher RPM cold start is magnafying it? Have tried holding a higher RPM when it's warm to see if it's there?
The sound is gone once you give it some gas from what I hear. It sounds like a loose belt in my original video. I hear it still but its not as loud. Ive clocked about 700 miles on it so far and I gave it the beans a few times one the way home from the dealer today, no problems.

Im really hoping it just goes away after some mileage, but it pisses me off it doesnt supposedly make any noise at the dealer. Ill post a vid of what its doing right now after I just washed the car.

Damnit, I want to get my exhaust done, but like someone said, I dont need any BS from a dealer saying its related to that. No call from a regional CSM yet either to advise me.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Here's the newest video of the noise. If you have headphones you can still hear it but its not as pronounced as in the original. I would say the car was somewhat warmed up, but not hot.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]QfdP5bzsIQw[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Do you have an automatic or manual tranny?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Guessing in the clutch components. What does the noise do when pressing in the clutch and leaving in neutral?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Guessing in the clutch components. What does the noise do when pressing in the clutch and leaving in neutral?
Noise doesnt change when pressing in the clutch or neutral.

Also the second dealer I took it to denied a rental car for me since I was going to leave it with them. They said I have to take it back to the dealer I bought it from or call Ford to get an approval for a rental. What a crock of shit. And still no call today from a regional CSM. I honestly wish I could just get my old car back and not deal with this.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That sound is not right. And its not hard to hear in the video at all. No headphones needed.

I would not continue to drive the car until it is fixed. Leave it at a dealer and have them test it every day for a weeks if needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Unfortunately it's my only car and no dealer has been able to provide me a loaner vehicle.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Well my sales guy never returned my call for help, but besides that, the noise is VERY rpm dependent. On a cold start up everything is fine when the RPMs are between 1000 and 500 (so Im assuming 800) , once it hits 500 and idles down is when the scratching rattle noise starts (sometimes no belt chirping).

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
SO IM FINALLY ABLE TO REPRODUCE IT AND CATCH IT ON VID

Watch this vid closely:

1000rpms idles fine, no noises.

All of a sudden the RPM drops and the noises start.

Then the rpm's drop more and the noise gets louder and sounds like a tractor.

The rpm increase is me giving it gas and the noise dissppearing

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Bxy37lv2MPw[/MEDIA]"]

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Very interesting video. Could it be an exhaust leak? I am really baffled by the noise.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Very interesting video. Could it be an exhaust leak? I am really baffled by the noise.
Both dealers I took my vehicle to refused to put it on a rack to listen, but in the morning I am taking it to my buddies shop to get it on a lift to listen closely and see if its an exhaust leak or loose heatshield. Ill report in the afternoon if I find out anything.
Sponsored