Sponsored

2015 GT PP -TICK/SCRATCHY/GRINDING noise(Issue Gradually Going Away)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just got off the phone they said they don't hear anything. Picking up the car now I guess. They didn't even show the video to the tech to listen even though they said they would.
PM Rachel as Diode said. I would also go to the service manager and let them know they didn't share the video. That is CRAP!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I did PM Rachel, havent heard back yet. But either way, I picked up the car, drove it around and home and I havent heard anything from the vehicle at all. No ticking, etc. To be honest Im not sure what to do now. I guess wait for it to break or make the noise all the time? It's a big waste of time when the service writer doesnt even want to listen to your issue or let the tech listen to the video.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I did PM Rachel, havent heard back yet. But either way, I picked up the car, drove it around and home and I havent heard anything from the vehicle at all. No ticking, etc. To be honest Im not sure what to do now. I guess wait for it to break or make the noise all the time? It's a big waste of time when the service writer doesnt even want to listen to your issue or let the tech listen to the video.
That does suck. Glad the noise is gone.

I would go chat with the Service Manager or GM of the dealership and let him know the situation.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
That does suck. Glad the noise is gone.

I would go chat with the Service Manager or GM of the dealership and let him know the situation.
Yeah I probably will end up doing that, to be honest though I wanted to when I got there, but with the holidays coming up I didnt want to be that guy.

Either way, the car honestly seems quieter too than before. It makes me wonder if any thing was done and they just didnt mention it due to possible bad reputation. But thats a stretch. Ill see how it sounds in the morning on a real cold start.

Does anyone have any ideas what that sound actually is coming from?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Follow up video. Noise is gone, but you hear some slight ticking. Sounds like just standard exhaust pulses, injectors? I try not to expect the car to be Prius quiet, but it makes me nervous when a new investment might possibly have some hidden gremlins. Can anyone give me some thoughts if this sounds pretty normal?

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rgkcFZkpMpM[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Follow up video. Noise is gone, but you hear some slight ticking. Sounds like just standard exhaust pulses, injectors? I try not to expect the car to be Prius quiet, but it makes me nervous when a new investment might possibly have some hidden gremlins. Can anyone give me some thoughts if this sounds pretty normal?

sounds normal to me

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Question: Did you open the garage door which was closed at the start of the video? Remember even modern cars create carbon monoxide.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It's very hard to hear from the video what it's doing. You have plenty of warranty left and if there's something wrong it'll eventually surface. You may want to start up a few at the dealer and see if those make the same noise. If not then make your case with the service manager.

Keep us posted!

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Question: Did you open the garage door which was closed at the start of the video? Remember even modern cars create carbon monoxide.
Yeah, the garage door was half open.

It's very hard to hear from the video what it's doing. You have plenty of warranty left and if there's something wrong it'll eventually surface. You may want to start up a few at the dealer and see if those make the same noise. If not then make your case with the service manager.

Keep us posted!
Drove around town this morning doing some last minute shopping, nothing out of the normal. Its crazy how it can go from making that horrible noise to absolutely nothing.

Im wondering if the car is just breaking in and we've just had some cold wet weather that's caused some of the extra noise.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Maybe loose bolts on the flywheel. Not sure how everything assembles on this car, but loose bolts anywhere in the clutch assembly could cause a here today gone tomorrow problem.

Only way to know is to pull the trans and look. Or wait for the bolts to come out all the way and cause a catastrophic failure.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Send a PM to Rachel, she will make sure you are taken care of

...Nick C.
PM Rachel as Diode said. I would also go to the service manager and let them know they didn't share the video. That is CRAP!!
Thanks for suggesting me, Nick C. and Todd. :ford:

I just replied, Nemesys. :)

I'm glad to see that the noise is gone. I agree; contacting the service manager at your dealer is great idea. Let me know if the noise returns; I'll send it up the line at that time.

Rachel

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for suggesting me, Nick C. and Todd. :ford:

Rachel
You bet! It is nice having a very helpful Ford rep on the forums!

Merry Christmas to you:D

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Im wondering if the car is just breaking in and we've just had some cold wet weather that's caused some of the extra noise.

Sometimes cars do weird things. Not that it is even remotely related, but back in '97 a couple weeks after I took my '97 GT home, I got into the car one morning. I started the car and immediately the brake pedal went straight to the floor (to the point were there is no way you could have pushed it that far) and stayed there. I couldn't pull it up, nothing.

Turned the car off, the brake pedal came back up and it never happened again after that. Brought it to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong and had never heard of anything like that happening.

Who knows.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Update:

The noise came back this evening, short trip, car not warmed up and I noticed I heard the ticking and idle noise when parked near a curb. This evening pulled the car into the garage and heard almost somewhat of a rattle (heat shield maybe) . Not clutch dependent but rpm dependent. It stops rattling after you give it even 100rpm of throttle. Temp is back down into the 30s again however, so im wondering if its dependent on that.

I will be getting a muffler/resonator delete done at my buddys shop and will report back if anything is noticed.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I will be getting a muffler/resonator delete done at my buddys shop and will report back if anything is noticed.
If possible, if I were you I'd do that after you figured the noise out... I'd imagine that it would be possible for the dealer to blame the modified exhaust.
Sponsored