d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Why 3P over 3H? Cost?
The 3P and 3H is the exact same kit as far as the manifold, controller, bags are concerned. The only difference is the 3H is an additional wiring harness and the height sensors. Of course, more money for that harness and sensors.

You can buy the 3P kit and add the height sensors later or do what I did as well as some others. I bought the 3H kit but have yet to install the height sensors. They are still sitting in the box.

If you have the height sensors. It is just a setting in the controller to tell it height sensors are being used instead of pressure.

Instructions on where to install the height sensors is almost non-existent and it is critical to install them correctly for them to work as intended.

The big difference between the two is how they do what they do. The pressure sensors is just that. They work off of pressure and work opposite of what some people think.

Below is what I was told from a highly reputable air lift vendor. So if it is wrong. Don't shoot the messenger.

Let's say you have your sensors set to 50 psi and the car is riding at that setting. Now you go and pick up a load of bricks(yeah I know) and you pile them in the car. You have now increased the amount of pressure being applied so the controller will show the car riding at a different psi setting(higher). Even though the car wants to sit lower from all that added weight. You can adjust the controller to reduce the amount of air in the bags to get back to 50 psi.

You can see this effect just watching the controller. It never stays firm on a setting and always fluctuates a few psi as you are driving. The natural up and down movements of the car increase and decrease the pressure being applied. The manifold is not constantly air'ing up and down. It will only change if you manually adjust it by either hitting one of the preset buttons or one of the manual buttons.

The height sensors are just that. They measure how high or low the sensors are reading and adjust the psi in the bags regardless of the pressure being applied. The same type of effect applies here as well. If you use the same 50 psi example and the driver gets in with no passenger. The driver side will naturally sit lower causing the manifold to add more air on that side of the car to level it back out again.

I hear there are pros and cons to both types of settings. For me, after having air installed in a lowered car. There is no other setup that rides as nice as air does and having instant ability to adjust the height at a moments notice. I would have a hard time going back to anything else.

Again, if this is wrong information. Please correct it to help all of us to learn and I will delete this post. Don't just slam it.

Just wanted to throw in one more example of how pressure can be confusing.

Let's say I have the car set to 50 psi and I do not change any weight and I increase the pressure to 75 psi. The car itself will rise and ride higher.

Now I set the car to 50 psi and I throw in a bunch of weight to increase the psi to 75 on the controller without adjusting it. Even though both scenarios show 75 psi on the controller. One is clearly riding at a lower height then the other.

It is the overall ride height of the car that we are more focused on and not the actual amount of pressure it takes to get to that ride height.

Last edited:

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
[MENTION=20909]d4rk_hrs[/MENTION] i've got my heart set on airlift in the future so been doing some research but that was a great explanation. Appreciate you taking the time to write all that. Sounds like 3P will give me everything I need.

Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
@d4rk_hrs i've got my heart set on airlift in the future so been doing some research but that was a great explanation. Appreciate you taking the time to write all that. Sounds like 3P will give me everything I need.
You will be completely happy with 3P. I have had mine installed for a over year now and I have had zero issues.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i wish upgrading to 3p wasn't so expensive. I would like to be able to raise and lower with the app but I think it's like $1k plus for the 3p controller, manifold, and wiring only... bah.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
i wish upgrading to 3p wasn't so expensive. I would like to be able to raise and lower with the app but I think it's like $1k plus for the 3p controller, manifold, and wiring only... bah.
I think it is more of a marketing gimmick than anything and not worth the cost of the upgrade if that is all you want. I think I have tried it one time. It's not as cool as you just walk up to the car and hit the button on the app.

Couple things to remember.

1. Ignition has to be on at least before the manifold functions. The app is dead otherwise. Just like the controller.

2. Depending on the size of your air tank. The first time the car airs up. The compressors have to turn on to refill the tank. Unless the car is running the compressors will kick on for a few seconds then shut down due to the voltage drop, then kick back on for a few more seconds. It will repeat this process until it fills the tank which is very time consuming. Not to mention killing your battery quickly. I found this out the hard way one time working on the car and the compressors kept cycling off and on.

Lucky for me the car was at my ride height and I was able to push the car out of the garage to jump it. If it had been air'd out I would have had to take the battery out of the car.

So multiple up and down displays is not instant. Kinda like a one and done deal.

Unless you are at a car show or wherever with the car running and you just want to show the car go up and down. I still have yet to find a real benefit to the app.

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=20909]d4rk_hrs[/MENTION], let me know if you decide to sell the H part of your kit ;)

I went with the 3P because the features over the digital kit seemed worth it. That little controller is really nice and intuitive to use.

36586973376_bddc4c6742_o.jpg

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
My 3P kit with 2.5 gallon tank, two black 444C compressors, and isolator kits should be here today.

Going to stuff everything in the spare tire tub.

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My 3P kit with 2.5 gallon tank, two black 444C compressors, and isolator kits should be here today.

Going to stuff everything in the spare tire tub.
It's pretty easy to do. Just make sure you use the templates in the trunk and under to make sure you know where you want to mount and to make sure you have the clearance for everything :thumbsup:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine in for a few months now and am 1,000% in love with it. I'm forever a bag guy from here on out. I picked up the "H" but haven't installed that part yet and will most likely do it over the winter when my schedule calms down. I got everything in the spare tire hole because I wanted and invisible install.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I've had mine in for a few months now and am 1,000% in love with it. I'm forever a bag guy from here on out. I picked up the "H" but haven't installed that part yet and will most likely do it over the winter when my schedule calms down. I got everything in the spare tire hole because I wanted and invisible install.
Yeah I am going to copy you. :D

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks to all tha praise given by D4rk_hrs and Jmeo, I just had my 3P system installed. I totally copied Jmeo's setup as I use my Stang for work and constantly have tools as well as parts stored back there. Big thanks to them for making up my mind about AirLift.

Last edited:

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
more pics to follow...
IMG_2379.PNG
IMG_2380.PNG
Sponsored