Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Did the frequency go up and down as you sped up and down? It should.
What is your gear ratio? Manual? Auto?

In my Manual GT with stock 3.31 gears and stock size tires at 110Kph (68Mph), the driveshaft turns at a CALCULATED speed of 47 times per second. (47 Hz) So my iPad hearing a very loud sound at 48Hz was close enough to know that they were a match.

In MY car 75 Mph would have given a sound of about 52Hz.

Do you have the auto with the 3.15 diff? That would explain why your frequency is different than mine. Of course, the phones/iPads could be a little off as well.
Sure looks like you are hearing the same thing I did.
Mine has been perfectly quiet since I did the DS balance last year.

Blake
Thanks for response man

Its auto with 3.15... At about 65 that frequency goes away, and it bounces around the 45-50mhz range. But its not as loud as that screen shot was. If i let the car sit IDLE i will see that same mhz as the peak audio frequency (though not as loud).

RPM dosnt make a difference, its dependent on speed only from what i notice.
I do have an H pipe (stock mufflers) and I only noticed this a few days after the H pipe was installed (unresonated) . I wonder if this could haven an effect?

Otherwise im Ford Racing stage 2 (tune / intake/throttle body) I wonder if the dealer would tell me to kick rocks on my warranty even though it was a CPO with 100k powertrain.

Ill have the car on all 4 jacks this weekend to paint the brake calipers. Ill check the exhaust for loose or anything else i should check for? i wonder if my exhaust goes at 47 and DS at 48 if it will give that womp womp womp noise. Sht idk lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Is this just a sound analyzer app? What would this be called?

Mine goes into Ford on Monday. I have an Auto with 3.15 gears.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem

yup. I got android go to the store i downloaded "Spectroid" it was free but there is many others. Just search sound analyzer. If you run this please post a screenshot while the noise is goin

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
yup. I got android go to the store i downloaded "Spectroid" it was free but there is many others. Just search sound analyzer. If you run this please post a screenshot while the noise is goin
Will do, thanks.

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

If you search for "Audio Spectrum Analyzer" you will find one that looks like mine. It was worth the money, that's for sure! The before and after DS balance screenshots are proof that the DS balance made a significant difference.

Blake

Sponsored

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for response man

Its auto with 3.15... At about 65 that frequency goes away, and it bounces around the 45-50mhz range. But its not as loud as that screen shot was. If i let the car sit IDLE i will see that same mhz as the peak audio frequency (though not as loud).

I do have an H pipe (stock mufflers) and I only noticed this a few days after the H pipe was installed (unresonated) . I wonder if this could haven an effect?

Otherwise im Ford Racing stage 2 (tune / intake/throttle body) I wonder if the dealer would tell me to kick rocks on my warranty even though it was a CPO with 100k powertrain.

Ill have the car on all 4 jacks this weekend to paint the brake calipers. Ill check the exhaust for loose or anything else i should check for? i wonder if my exhaust goes at 47 and DS at 48 if it will give that womp womp womp noise. Sht idk lol
It is possible that what you are hearing is a droning sound from the exhaust. That happens, especially with aftermarket exhaust.
I also removed my resonator, but used an X-pipe in it's place. Stock mufflers. It makes no droning sound at all. I also have a Roush CAI.
The 48Hz sound I was hearing was on a bone-stock car, the first day I drove it home from the dealership! I cured it with a DS balance, before I changed anything on the car.
Generally an exhaust drone will occur in a certain RPM range. If you shift the transmission to 5th at 75Mph or even 4th, do you still hear the same sound?
If so, then it is likely your drivetrain and not your exhaust.
Remember, the driveshaft will always turn at the same RPM when you are at 75MPH, no matter what gear you are in. So if your DS makes a 47Hz sound because of an imbalance, then it will be there, regardless of what gear you are in.

You may need to return your car to stock for the dealership to troubleshoot this. Hard to say.
The more educated you on the topic before you talk to them, the better!

Blake

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
All new usernames here, same problem. Did anyone get a prompt from the website about viewing a sticky about not just posting to bash the platform? I did. So now we are the lepers of the Mustang community. No one wants to admit there is an issue and we are just outcasts to waste our hard earned dollars on this. I still enjoy my car, but it is hard to do at times. I can't beleive no one has a hard fix on this by now. That's means it's not fixable. I would gladly pay $1000 to have mine fixed. I think the useful part of this thread is getting concessions and coverage by Ford to cover us when diffs and trannies blow after the warranty. Such a beautiful and nice driving car. How did this happen? So I guess some of us will get banned from the site soon.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I dropped my 17 off at Ford Service this morning. They gave me a loaner. I described how that it's really noticeable in the 55-60 mph range, especially when decelerating in neutral. Around town it's not too bad, but when spending hours on the freeway traveling it can get aggravating. Makes me not want to drive it on long trips. I gave them a copy of SSM 45938. Hoping for the best.

I LOVE the car otherwise.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I dropped my 17 off at Ford Service this morning. They gave me a loaner. I described how that it's really noticeable in the 55-60 mph range, especially when decelerating in neutral. Around town it's not too bad, but when spending hours on the freeway traveling it can get aggravating. Makes me not want to drive it on long trips. I gave them a copy of SSM 45938. Hoping for the best.

I LOVE the car otherwise.
Where in VA are you ? Which dealer ?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
It is possible that what you are hearing is a droning sound from the exhaust. That happens, especially with aftermarket exhaust.
I also removed my resonator, but used an X-pipe in it's place. Stock mufflers. It makes no droning sound at all. I also have a Roush CAI.
The 48Hz sound I was hearing was on a bone-stock car, the first day I drove it home from the dealership! I cured it with a DS balance, before I changed anything on the car.
Generally an exhaust drone will occur in a certain RPM range. If you shift the transmission to 5th at 75Mph or even 4th, do you still hear the same sound?
If so, then it is likely your drivetrain and not your exhaust.
Remember, the driveshaft will always turn at the same RPM when you are at 75MPH, no matter what gear you are in. So if your DS makes a 47Hz sound because of an imbalance, then it will be there, regardless of what gear you are in.

You may need to return your car to stock for the dealership to troubleshoot this. Hard to say.
The more educated you on the topic before you talk to them, the better!

Blake
Thanks for the info!
I had people drive it while it was stock to not hear the sound. I cant even get my GF to hear it :shrug: I hear it! lol Thanks for the info man. I might go back to stock idk
RPM dosnt matter, its speed dependent. I did have my car on all 4 jacks this weekend, i notice i could move the drive shaft by hand it had a little wiggle but id assume thats normal.
Guess its go back to stock for a bit and try again. Thanks man

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Just put it in neutral to take out the exhaust droning and to hear/feel the drive system noises. For some reason coasting can actually enhance this issue.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Saber7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Automatic
Thanks for response man

Its not just the sound but the vibration. You can feel it overall case and point the rear view mirror is useless for a clear view its a blur from the vibration good luck to see if a Cop is behind ya

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Its not just the sound but the vibration. You can feel it overall case and point the rear view mirror is useless for a clear view its a blur from the vibration good luck to see if a Cop is behind ya
thanks bro.
I don't have bad vibrations at all. None that I notice which seems to be the sign of drive shaft balancing. My beatings are supposedly OK as well as tires. I'm going to check the bearings myself next time I have it jacked up. Glad I got some Info from yall
Sponsored