Sponsored

Myrtle Beach Mustang Week

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Who is going?! I'll miss the Friday car show but will be there for a week starting Saturday with the cruise-in. What can I expect?
Sponsored

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Unknown with the new time of year but usually mayhem followed by long lines waiting at idle or car turned off.

And I'm going

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Who is going?! I'll miss the Friday car show but will be there for a week starting Saturday with the cruise-in. What can I expect?
Myrtle Beach has steadily gone downhill over the years. I'd skip it imo. Crime has gone up, beaches are nasty, overcrowded.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Myrtle Beach has steadily gone downhill over the years. I'd skip it imo. Crime has gone up, beaches are nasty, overcrowded.
fear monger much

It's a trashy beach, this is known. That's why we're going!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
stay out of the one street in myrtle beach in you're fine. go up to north myrtle and it's even better.

it's not any different than any other city...except for the fact that over 16million people visit it in a 12 week span. what you think is going to happen?

myrtle beach and horry county is outgrowing the whole state for a reason as it's one of the top vacation spots in the whole country and now becoming one of the top places to retire. all the retired folks from up north paying cash for $500k+ houses in carolina forest and market commons. I keep making commission checks at the beach, they keep spending money!

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
as far as mustang week goes. it's a fricking blast

I am looking forward to the date change though. less college dudebros running around during mustang week banging the engine off the rev limiter all week long like a bunch of idiots. yay for school being back in. only thing that sucks is my wife is a teacher and she and the boys won't be with me the whole week.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

stay out of the one street in myrtle beach in you're fine. go up to north myrtle and it's even better.

it's not any different than any other city...except for the fact that over 16million people visit it in a 12 week span. what you think is going to happen?

myrtle beach and horry county is outgrowing the whole state for a reason as it's one of the top vacation spots in the whole country and now becoming one of the top places to retire. all the retired folks from up north paying cash for $500k+ houses in carolina forest and market commons. I keep making commission checks at the beach, they keep spending money!
I don't doubt Mustang week is fun. But as far as vacation/beach spots, there are a ton of better options out there.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I don't doubt Mustang week is fun. But as far as vacation/beach spots, there are a ton of better options out there.
+1

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP

I'm staying on the beach between 2nd and 3rd ave. Parking is across the street and they apparently have a security guard. Thinking about tipping him if he watches my car a little closer. I know I'm a few streets down from the boardwalk, think I'll have any problems?

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
MB will be my 3rd beach vacation this year. We're there to get trashed with the trashy people. Same reason you'd go to a NASCAR race. Went to Topsail in May and going to LBTS in October

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Been going to MW for 7 years now. Never had a problem with anything. Love the city and tons to do besides Mustangs.

UPR will be there all week long and set up at the car show. We will also be hosting the event on Thursday night.

https://www.facebook.com/events/324962267919467/

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
We refer to it as Dyrtle. I generally avoid the whole area, but Mustang week sounds fun.

Reactions: Ebm

Tyler@LMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's a fun time but even better when you know what you are doing or are with someone who has been before.

There is always a meet going on (check IG and Facebook often), you get to see everyone from social/forums, the show is always fun, and the beach is pretty good for what it is.

The new location and timing should be pretty interesting this year.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I live near Myrtle. Stay away from the old Pavillion area, it is now a ghetto overrun by undesirables on mopeds. Lots of other nice areas to visit if you want to vacation in the area.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We need Mustang Week on the west coast too
Sponsored