Sponsored

Clunk in Front End?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
anyone having clunking in the front end when going over bumps? I have a 2016 stock suspension and it sounds horrible when going over a bump or gravel. I havent noticed anyone else having this problem.. Thought I would check.

Thanks
DW
Not sure if you figured it out but I had a clunk and it was loose swaybar connection to the links. Bushings were fine.
Sponsored

chinatercel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue but it only happens when the temperature is high enough. 4 visits to the dealership and still not fixed. They couldn't figure out the problem.

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have clunks in front and rear, it sounds horrible, I made an appointment with another dealer, I'm going to drive the car to show them the noise, it's ridiculous. If the car is sitting and I move the steering wheel back and forth I get a clang-clang-clang sound coming from under the hood.

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I had the same issue as well with front end clunk. Could not chase it down myself. Took it to the dealership and they said it was a bad right front strut. I have the Ford Racing Performance Parts strut kit along with BMR springs. With a lot of headache and back and forth I finally got Ford Racing to send out a warranty replacement. I installed it and voila it went away..... Now the clunking is back, and its now the left front and the right front again! The sound is worse!

I'm so frustrated after going through all that drama, the expense of the alignment etc etc.

I'm about ready to order the Steeda Pro Action struts and give those a try. I don't even like driving my car right now it sound so bad.

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Starting to hear the clunking noise on both sides :/ Going to the dealer on Friday so I'll update this with what they say.

Good luck to everyone else with this issue.
Sponsored