Squeek from front left corner?

nfollin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White PP 401A With Redline Interior
At low speeds i hear a sort of squeeking sound coming from the front left wheel well. Sounds like a creaky swing set. I'm guessing something like control arm bushings or ball joint?

Probably take it in after I get back from the weekend, but is anybody else hearing anything? I can only hear it in my apartment's garage for the most part when driving up a ramp or something.
Sponsored

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
Did you get this resolved? Mine started to do this also.

It comes and goes, but today the squeak was REALLY loud and constant. First I thought it might be something rubbing, but I only hear the sound when going forward and not in reverse. And its not the breaks since I still hear it with the brakes applied.

OP
OP

nfollin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Did you get this resolved? Mine started to do this also.

It comes and goes, but today the squeak was REALLY loud and constant. First I thought it might be something rubbing, but I only hear the sound when going forward and not in reverse. And its not the breaks since I still hear it with the brakes applied.
Nope, mine hasn't gotten any worse so I don't want to take it in without knowing it'll do it. Hasn't done it in a couple of days. Last time i heard it happen it was only when turning right...so i'm at a loss.

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat, with it not being a constant thing its hard to show to a tech.

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I too have had this going over speed bumps in my apartment complex at 3-5 mph.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nfollin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I too have had this going over speed bumps in my apartment complex at 3-5 mph.
Weird, mine just is like, moving. Though seemingly never in reverse? So confused, regardless I don't think that the car itself is messed up but it does make me feel uneasy.

OP
OP

nfollin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Got the car checked out during my first appointment. Thankfully they said it did happen when they drove it, though it appeared to stop when they got it inside. They said it's just the bushings being cold and that it isn't anything to worry about. Hopefully that's accurate.

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
My car goes in this Friday, I'll let you know what they tell me.

Shell550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I purchase my 2016 GT automatic, new. Around 22k its began to make a sound from the engine compartment that sounded like an puffing exhaust leak. the sound comes and goes, in sport mode you can hear it clearly when passing parked cars. I took my S550 to a Ford Dealer in Walnut Creek Ca......they said they could not reproduce the sound, so I went to take the mech for a drive.....He heard it and after re-inspection determined it was a exhaust leak and replaced a section of the exhaust system.

I pick up my car and was dismayed to find the noise still present. I then took my mustang to another Ford dealer, the service manager advised me that the ford engineer told him over the phone that the issue may be the sound tube.....so they added foam to the sound tube and the noise remained....now get this, after they removed the foam the noise got louder......The service manager told me he spoke with the ford engineer for a second time and was told that "Its normal for high performance cars to make the noises I'm hearing" that drained the life out of me.....I was under the impression that ford would take a certain amount of pride in making sure the that the 2016 Mustang Gt I purchase in Nov 2016 and still under warranty sounded the same way when I purchased it.........I'm currently reviewing all possible actions to compel Ford to honor their warranty and repair my car....
Sponsored