Sponsored

Sync 3 2.2 Volume Control Delay

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
I just recently updated to 2.2 from 1.0 and I am noticing that the volume control has a .7-1 second delay when lowering or increasing the volume. This applies to both the steering wheel buttons and the volume knob. I tried this in different sources and it still has the same delay whether I am in bluetooth or fm radio. Has anyone else noticed this when they updated their Sync 3? This never happened before in 1.0.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MustangDaily

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
After doing some more research, I think I can confirm that this is a Sync 3 2.2 bug which hopefully will be rectified in the next version.

Here are some quotes from other members that are found on page 174 of the Android Auto/ Apple Carplay thread

Anyone here experiencing some lag with doing the update to v2.2? Volume HUD sometimes takes a bit longer to indicate change in volume level (up or down). Switching to the NAV tab also takes a bit longer (loading map). I've also noticed that every now and then the volume settings (ringer) on my iPhone turns itself all the way up automatically. Makes for interesting company meetings when it rings.
Yea I have that volume lag. It would say that the volume is 0 and then it would jump to the one that it's supposed to be to when I turn the knob or press the button to raise or lower it.
I've noticed some irregularities if I had both the cable and bluetooth connected to the HU. I've been keeping BT off and haven't had anymore issues. Same thing happened on both cars by the way.
If you look at this video posted by BoosTang23T at the 0:27 mark, you will notice how the volume display takes a second to load and the number would jump from 13 to 0 instead of going down gradually.

[ame]