Bad Packaging/Misaligned Parts in CAI Kit

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
On March 4th, I ordered a Roush cold air intake kit for my 2015 Mustang GT from AmericanMuscle.com. It arrived on March 8th and upon opening the box, I discovered that the kit did not include the 85mm MAF insert tube that is supposed to be present and would allow me to use the kit on my car without a tune. Also, the 105mm MAF tube that was included with the kit appeared to have misaligned mounting holes on the sides of it that didn't even properly align with the holes in the air box itself.

After calling AM and telling them about the problem, they promptly sent me a UPS return label so I could ship the kit back to them. A brand new kit was sent to me this past Wednesday the 8th and arrived today. However, the new kit that was sent had the EXACT same issues as the first one. No 85mm MAF insert tube, and misaligned holes on the tube that was sent. This is INCREDIBLY frustrating to deal with, considering we're talking about a part that costs $365.

On both of the boxes that were sent to me, the ROUSH packing tape was intact and not tampered with. According to the sticker on the side of the box, both kits were "PROUDLY PACKAGED BY" an employee named Chris F. The part number on the side of the box is 421826, which matches the part number on both the AmericanMuscle.com webpage for the product and on Roush's own website for the kit. Something is clearly going on at Roush where kits are being assembled incorrectly.

To American Muscle's credit, they immediately emailed me return shipping labels without question, and this time around, instead of asking for another Roush CAI kit to be sent to me, I asked for a full refund, which was given with no questions asked, so kudos to them. I can't complain about them if they're just grabbing a pre-packed Roush box off a shelf and sticking a shipping label on it before having it loaded in a truck.

This situation has been frustrating, to say the least. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my Roush axle-back exhaust kit, I really don't know if I should buy something from them again. Being burned twice was enough.

Attached photos...

1) The entire contents of the kit(s) that was/were sent to me, showing the 105mm MAF tube, but no 85mm MAF insert.

2) Photo of a ruler with the MAF tube, confirming the inside diameter of ~105mm.

3) Photo of the MAF tube inside the filter box, which clearly shows the misaligned screw holes.
cai01.jpg
cai02.jpg
cai03.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Sorry you had these issues, I'll follow up with our warranty team and get back with you asap.

OP
OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Sorry you had these issues, I'll follow up with our warranty team and get back with you asap.
Hi Kyle, thanks for the reply. There's no need for me to file a warranty claim though, because I've already returned both kits to American Muscle and they've issued me a full refund. I also purchased a cold air intake kit from a different company over the weekend. I hope Roush can get this packaging issued squared away so others don't run into the same problem. Thanks again.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Hi Kyle, thanks for the reply. There's no need for me to file a warranty claim though, because I've already returned both kits to American Muscle and they've issued me a full refund. I also purchased a cold air intake kit from a different company over the weekend. I hope Roush can get this packaging issued squared away so others don't run into the same problem. Thanks again.
No problem, its still something to be looked into so I'll let you know once i find something out regardless. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1

Looks like a systematical error in our packaging dept of the warehouse that caused a batch to call for the incorrect maf tube, thus the poor fitment and a tube with no insert.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a systematical error in our packaging dept of the warehouse that caused a batch to call for the incorrect maf tube, thus the poor fitment and a tube with no insert.
Thanks a lot for investigating and posting the follow-up Kyle. I appreciate it. Hope you guys can get in contact with AM and have the bad kits pulled from the shelf in the meantime, if you haven't already. :thumbsup:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to me on an order from the 17th March, mines still being resolved though.
Sponsored