Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Mine Before. I was looking pretty dire. I had to lift the hose to get some slack and push it back on:
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
How hard are you pushing yours in? Mine isn't budging, I'm trying to be gentle, as per the instructions.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
How hard are you pushing yours in? Mine isn't budging, I'm trying to be gentle, as per the instructions.
Maybe a couple pounds worth of force? not much at all.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It appears that every S550 has this issue... as long as it's not leaking I wouldn't mess with it. Could make things worse if you screw it up.
If you look at the photo in Post #13 that shows the hose off the nipple, and the inner rubber seal, it's evident that the tube needs to be pushed on all the way for the entire rubber seal part to be fully on the nipple and not partially on the big flared end of the nipple.

Does ford have a recall notice or anything in regards to this? I'd rather let the dealership mess with it so that if they screw anything up, they can fix it.
Have not heard anything about a recall or a TSB from Ford about this issue. It could actually be a dangerous issue if the tube popped off and the brake fluid reservoir drained itself dry.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Maybe a couple pounds worth of force? not much at all.
I tried pushing mine on farther last night using gentle force but it didn't move, so today I pushed it with more force while holding the opposite side of the brake fluid reservoir with the other hand to counteract the force on the tube and the tube slide on farther. I had a 8 mm gap before it moved, and then a 4 mm gap afterwards, as I showed in the photos I posted of before and after.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I just got mine on. Applied a good amount of force while holding/pushing the fluid reservoir towards the tube.

I just hope that the tube isn't being pulled too tight and causes the rubber to separate...

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Thanks for bringing this to our attention OP!

Before:
20170605_221442.jpg

After:
20170605_221516.jpg
Mine was engaged a bit more than the first pic here, I applied slight pressure to the hose (while supporting the res) and it easily slid-on to where it now seems to be properly positioned.
No drips or gummy residue noticed but when I wiped my finger under the connection it was slightly wet with little fluid, though most likely from me adjusting the hose.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Any issue with zip tying or safety wiring this hose in place?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Checked mine. Mine is fine. I'm not terribly surprised as my car was built during the MP1 to MP2 ramp up and those cars get combed over and heavily scrutinized.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
2017 GT with 1800km...I tried pushing it on the hose gently and it didn't seem to want to go on further. I was concerned it would pull on the lower fitting...

How do we know if the lower fitting is fully seated? That looks harder to inspect.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Mine was almost off I couldn't believe it! Do you guys think it's a good idea to bleed that clutch after having this problem to make sure there's no air bubbles? Does anyone have a link also to a write up on how to bleed the clutch? Thanks I'm a total novice lol

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Mine was almost off I couldn't believe it! Do you guys think it's a good idea to bleed that clutch after having this problem to make sure there's no air bubbles? Does anyone have a link also to a write up on how to bleed the clutch? Thanks I'm a total novice lol
It's just a hose making sure the clutch fluid is always there. It's not in the actual clutch fluid loop so it's not gonna suck in any air or anything.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
[MENTION=19308]jasonstang[/MENTION] oh shit good to know man thanks
Sponsored