Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Put mine in yesterday with my rear springs...what a difference. I haven't launched it yet, but just slamming it in first and second made a HUGE difference. The car actually sort of hooks at the top of first, and grabs hard in 2nd now. Well done boys.
Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First let me say thank you VERY much to Kelly. I had fairly high expectations and I will just cut to the chase and say that they were met and possibly exceeded.

For me, my desire was not as heavily focused on eliminating hop as I am not a drag racer, but more for simply tightening up the rear end as I AM a track day and auto cross guy. One thing I have noticed on certain road conditions when stock is that the rear can feel kind of "loose and wiggly" for a lack of better words. I think this may be what some of the media reviews were feeling when they made comments of the front and rear not talking to each other.

Well now, the front and rear are not only talking to each other but they have an incredible relationship with very open communication. :D

I absolutely LOVE it and feel it is one of the best bang for the buck mods out there regardless whether you are only concerned with hooking in a straight line or tightening up the rear end for proper handling. It is just so much more buttoned up now.

SUPER easy install as well, especially on a lift. Took literally about 30 minutes and most of that was just reading through the instructions (which were good) and just checking things out.

Big thanks also goes out to HG Motorsports to help me out with the install.
IMG_4100.JPG
IMG_4102.JPG
IMG_4105.JPG
IMG_4106.JPG
IMG_4109.JPG

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
WOW! Awesome input.

Thanks a ton for that Greg! I am happy to see that these have met and exceeded your expectations.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on when this kit will be available for convertibles?
No ETA or anything yet....but we are working on it. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Awesome Ryan! Good to see you are enjoying it, I enjoyed your review you gave me.

Here is a quick video we recently made up. You can see a comparison we did on one of our PP cars in the video.

Awww shit. Great video guys. Gotta update that Instagram Kelly. Post more pics of that stang brotha.

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If I get this kit would I still need to do bushings for the differential? I am like Greg and don't drag race, HPDE for me.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
If I get this kit would I still need to do bushings for the differential? I am like Greg and don't drag race, HPDE for me.
They help....but you don't "need" to.

Steeda has some low durometer Diff Inserts that would pair well with them right now, until we finish testing and release our version. :thumbsup:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I don't blame ya - I am not going to replace any of the bushings in my personal '15 either. Of course, the "BMR" cars - we have changed them all out, though.

As for your car....I suggest the following parts, in order. Of course, the springs and dampers are very crucial too...but this is just for the IRS support.

CB005
TCA045
TR005

We are still testing some other stuff right now, that I would actually put directly after the CB005....but they are about 2 months out. They do not affect the list above, rather, they compliment it very well.

The list above, with some diff bushings....has proven to be the package of choice amongst our customers.

Enjoy!:headbang:
I feel like these things, while a great product and easier installs, are only a bandaid to the problem. Would you say that these things are not necessary if you were to just install stiffer bushings in the rearend?

I'm curious at what other options you have and will have in the future. If i could get better results by switching to a stiffer bushing, I would prefer to do that at least in regards to the CB005 as it is the only thing that isn't a replacement part. I do care about NVH a little as I DD my mustang, but if I can get better results and only increase it a little...then I would prefer to go that route. I have poly engine mounts on my GTI and NVH never bothered me with those, to give you an idea on my NVH preferences.

My uses are corner carving, not drag (I will hit up the drag strip on occasion but probably not more than once or twice a year, if that). But I would like to eliminate wheelhop (as letting her rip in a straight line is still pretty fun) as much as i can without compromising any corner carving abilities :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I mean really, the performance of the CB005 and the BK047 Poly Bushing kits for the cradle are very close in comparison, with the Poly Kit slightly edging the CB005 kit out by a very minimal amount.

The best solution is the Delrin Kit, BK048.

The NVH is typically not an issue when just installing the Cradle bushing (BK047 Poly or BK048 Delrin) kits. The NVH comes when you start eliminating the Differential movement with Bushings, or even inserts.

I agree that the CB005 is somewhat of a band-aid. However, it is a very good band-aid that is easy to install, and removable if that is needed. Please keep in mind, Ford (as of two weeks ago anyways) does NOT offer replacement cradle mount bushings... So, if someone were to install the Cradle Bushing (BK047/BK048) kits instead of the CB005....they are stuck with what they get. To go back to OEM they would need to find someone to trade cradles with, or acquire a new OEM Cradle.

I do not like using the word band-aid....but it is technically proper, I guess. I do not look at it any different than say, adding subframe connectors to a car that needs them - as that is a band-aid too, as you are fixing the OEM's sloppy chassis with some steel tubing.

At the end of the day, I like the CB005 best - because of the simplicity, the results, and the fact that the owner/user has options above and beyond it, like bushings etc.

Sponsored

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
That video and recent feedback from flow form are great. It's killing me waiting to install this stuff. Hopefully I get my bmr springs by the weekend so I can install them along with the cb005 kit. I will also hold off on purchasing the steeda diff bushing kit now that I know Bmr is working on a solution. Just keep taking my money!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean really, the performance of the CB005 and the BK047 Poly Bushing kits for the cradle are very close in comparison, with the Poly Kit slightly edging the CB005 kit out by a very minimal amount.

The best solution is the Delrin Kit, BK048.

The NVH is typically not an issue when just installing the Cradle bushing (BK047 Poly or BK048 Delrin) kits. The NVH comes when you start eliminating the Differential movement with Bushings, or even inserts.

I agree that the CB005 is somewhat of a band-aid. However, it is a very good band-aid that is easy to install, and removable if that is needed. Please keep in mind, Ford (as of two weeks ago anyways) does NOT offer replacement cradle mount bushings... So, if someone were to install the Cradle Bushing (BK047/BK048) kits instead of the CB005....they are stuck with what they get. To go back to OEM they would need to find someone to trade cradles with, or acquire a new OEM Cradle.

I do not like using the word band-aid....but it is technically proper, I guess. I do not look at it any different than say, adding subframe connectors to a car that needs them - as that is a band-aid too, as you are fixing the OEM's sloppy chassis with some steel tubing.

At the end of the day, I like the CB005 best - because of the simplicity, the results, and the fact that the owner/user has options above and beyond it, like bushings etc.
Thank you, the CB005 is definitely still a consideration. Especially since with bushings there's no going back lol. Definitely a high probability I will go this route.

However, I'm just not sure though yet. I'm not a fan of adding something to fix a problem if there is something that can be replaced to do the same thing, if not better. I think riding in a car with new bushings would be great if I could find someone who has them haha

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I completely understand.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, is it better to have some flex in the cradle for handling as I see kits like this being more promoted to that crowd vs the bushing kits? The bushing kits seem more promoted towards drag customers. I would assume less flex in the cradle would be better for both worlds, but it's just a little confusing to see different products promoted more to one end of the spectrum vs the other.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Less movement is better. Period.

It's not so much that one works better for another - but traditionally, folks with "handling" set-ups tend to steer clear from components that are aimed or geared specifically towards the "drag race" or "Anti Wheel Hop" crowd/segment. Or rather, the parts that are being advertised in that fashion (drag) are generally not the corner carver's favorite items.

Historically, the market has been larger, and catered more towards the straight line / traction and street/strip customer.

The S550 owners who prefer handling, seem to be more attracted to these support systems for whatever reason, and it's okay because they work very well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.