tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
I can't believe this, they built the car in 8 days and now it's awaiting shipment, maybe I'll get the car before dec., can that be possible? your thoughts-Tonyd1:ford::ford:
Sponsored

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
Id bet you get it in the next week or two at most. My order transitioned in about the same time and shipped on Wednesday. Hoping to have it this weekend. I think you will see your status change to In Transit in the next 48 hours.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
congrats!

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Id bet you get it in the next week or two at most. My order transitioned in about the same time and shipped on Wednesday. Hoping to have it this weekend. I think you will see your status change to In Transit in the next 48 hours.
how long will it take to deliver my car coming from detroit to FL.Thanks

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
how long will it take to deliver my car coming from detroit to FL.Thanks
No idea on that one. But I would image your order would be coming by truck??? :shrug: So if it ships today maybe Wednesday - Saturday next week? Have to think it def will come before Christmas considering the current status. But Ford has goofed up the whole process with the MY18 so much already that its all wishful thinking.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not necessarily, I think it depends on how many cars of the batch is being built, I've seen it range between 2-6 days for GTs, there's a GT350 that has finished production on 10/10 and is still waiting for shipment.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Not necessarily, I think it depends on how many cars of the batch is being built, I've seen it range between 2-6 days for GTs, there's a GT350 that has finished production on 10/10 and is still waiting for shipment.

I would be even more pissed off at the process than I already am if my order sat that long after completion. Hopefully the caveat there is that it is a limited supply GT350 vs the mass marketed GT. I asked the training guy that brought the demo unit down to my dealer if there was any chance that Ford would offer an incentive/bonus for folks that ordered MY18's and have had to wait for limited information. He pretty much said the chances are slim but that if enough people complain to corporate that anything is possible. I sent my thoughts to corporate on Tuesday.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
FYI the common practice for shipping long distances, including to states like NC, is rail to a rail distribution hub/yard which serves your area. Then by truck to the dealer.

For my part of NC the rail hub is in Walkertown, NC near Winston-Salem.

My 15 was finished on 12/18/14 and was on a rail car on 12/22. It spent Christmas somewhere in Ohio (Christmas is either the only or one of the very few days the Norfolk Southern trains don't run). It spent New Years on the ground in Walkertown and then was delayed there until it was trucked to the dealer Jan 9.

After you get your car ask your dealer for the vehicle history report. If your dealer will get you a copy after it ships you might get the rail car number. I think there is a sticky which details how to track the rail car.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn that sucks. So after Christmas isn't sounding unreasonable at this point. Nearly a month to travel is crazy.
yeah, and it might just be sitting there outside on the lot... :frusty:

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn that sucks. So after Christmas isn't sounding unreasonable at this point. Nearly a month to travel is crazy.
Why do you say a month to travel? Yours is already in transit to Ohio, right?

Mine was assembled on Dec 18 and on a rail car heading to NC on 12/22/14. It was delayed due to Christmas and New Years. I didn't give the details but the additional delay was because my dealer and the trucking company folks discussed having one of the dealer's staff pick up the car (Dealer is close to Walkertown) but the yard put the car on a trailer anyway which for some reason didn't do deliveries for awhile.

FYI here is a link to the distribution yard.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscor...le-distribution-facilities/walkertown-nc.html

Note they will not let you in to see the car. We "visited" the yard after I got the car during a "lets put some break-in miles on it" drive and stood outside a gate taking pictures, etc. A very severe guard chased us away. :D

[/url][/IMG]

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was speaking to the fact yours was done on 12/18 but you didn’t get until 1/9. Yes mine is on its way. Called dealer a little while ago. Not there yet.
OK. Thanks for the sympathy. This will be the second time in a row.

The 18 will be "lucky" to get on a rail car before Christmas.
Sponsored