STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
On the bold, funny you mention that.

Many years ago I had a car in which the AC compressor seized after shutting the car down with the AC on, resulting in a PITA. Ever since then I always shut a vehicle's AC down before turning off the ignition, even though such a seizure could realistically occur at any time.

Hopefully this long-running paranoia pays off in this case.... ;)
I get it.
Getting my license to drive in the mid-'60s,my Dad always insisted turning off the A/C before the turning off the car. I still do to this day.And the fan too.My new car was in the dealer's paint shop for a few hours last week and when I got in and pushed the button,the DAMN A/C was ON! :tsk::tsk::tsk:
Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Hmm, Palm Coast Ford changed out my evaporator in 5 hours and gave me shuttle service back and forth to my house.

I am considering going to Gary Yoeman Ford to get the performance tune since Palm Coast Ford doesn't seem to have a clue about it, lol.

TC
OT. My dealer was looking for an S550 I wanted and they found in at Palm Coast at the end of September. It had 200+ miles when I took delivery.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Mine starting blowing warm air out of the drivers side today and I drove it straight to the nearest Ford dealer and made an appointment for Monday. Purchased 08-2015 with 17k miles.
You, me, and Doggiebitt bought our cars 8-15. Strange coincidence evap coil failures?

Last edited:

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6
Chalk up another evaporator failure. 2015 V6 with 18,500 miles. Warranty replacement done and car waiting to be picked up.
Failure started a few weeks ago. Noticed air not as cool and these white "snowflake" type things blowing out of the vents on occasion. Had a small one (probably 5mm in circumference) land on me and then proceeded to evaporate. System did a gradual fade to blowing ambient temperature air. Service Advisor didn't blink an eye or even feign surprise when I told him. We'll see if the replacement lasts longer than 2 years!

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
Yup, mine goes in Sunday for same symptoms.
36k, 2015 V6.

Still love the rest of the car though.
Will update y'all.

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Chalk up another evaporator failure. 2015 V6 with 18,500 miles. Warranty replacement done and car waiting to be picked up.
Failure started a few weeks ago. Noticed air not as cool and these white "snowflake" type things blowing out of the vents on occasion. Had a small one (probably 5mm in circumference) land on me and then proceeded to evaporate. System did a gradual fade to blowing ambient temperature air. Service Advisor didn't blink an eye or even feign surprise when I told him. We'll see if the replacement lasts longer than 2 years!
Interesting. I hadn't seen anything about snowflake type things in any of these threads. I wonder if it was a piece of frost coming off the interior somewhere inside the vents?

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
Had the snowflakes about 10 days ago once the weather cooled here in Virginia..

Lost cooling and compressor started to whine with engine speed whenever any A/C was active.
(Windshield, etc..)

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Got my car back yesterday. All is good no rattles or fitment issues. It was an evaporator coil leak. Service manager said the replacement coil has the new Ford number so it is not replaced with an older problematic coil. Problem should be solved permanently.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I believe I'm another casualty. 16 GT Premium 6500 miles. I rarely used the AC this past summer but I needed the heat on this past Wednesday. Turned on the heat and the 2 drivers side vents blew out hot/warm air, while the other 3 were cool/cold. So I turned on the AC and got the opposite affect. Dropping it off Monday A.M. :(

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
Me too...

2016 GT Premium Performance Pack car with 8500 miles. Turned on the AC today on the way back from the dyno and it was pure ambient air. Taking her in Monday to get it checked/fixed. Hopefully they have the new version of the pat available.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I wonder when the new part was installed on cars from Flat Rock? I had issues with a 06/16 EB that I owned for 3 months but no issues so far on 06/17 GT after 7 weeks. When did the new part come online?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
So dealer just called and told me it's throwing the code for the blend door actuator. I told him about the known issue but said he had to follow the warranty procedures. I told him that even after the "fix" it will probably happen again. We'll find out tomorrow after they do the actuator. I'm not sure if those of you who had the AC issue also had it when using the heat. I can only assume they are both related. :shrug:

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
My warranty invoice indicates: A/C Compressor "coming apart" but no Evaporator issue found.
I had asked...

Air conditioning compressor began emitting an rpm-dependent whine last week.
Sponsored