Sponsored

Mt82 must do mod

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
So I know I’m not the first to do this but I have been so impressed I felt the need to write about it. I’ve had my car for a couple months now and I’ve put about 5k on it. I love nearly everything about this car except the clunking and grinding trans. My car was worse when it was a cold but also did it when it was warm as well. The worst was 2-3 shift under light loads, just shifting nice and easy it’s clunky and it would actually grind a fair amount of the time.

Here’s a little background. I used to sell BG products up until last year so I’m very familiar with how well they work but never owned a manual car while working for BG so I had never personally tried Syncro-Shift II. Until yesterday, I replaced the trans fluid with the BG fluid and holy cow what a difference!! I’m super impressed to say the least. I could tell right away just by shifting in my drive way that it was going to be much smoother. Once I drove it was even more impressive. The clunking and grinding have been greatly reduced to the point I can live it. Before the new fluid I had decided to take it to a dealership and have them look at the trans but I really didn’t want to do that. Now I don’t have to.

For those that have been dealing with these same trans issues give the BG fluid a shot. It made a huge difference for me.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I may have to breakdown and try it. Ended up with some free time last weekend, and even went as far to call the local BG supplier and they gave me a cell number of the sales rep. Could not find anyone local (at least he said he had no way of knowing who sells what product) that carried the stuff. Ended up buying RP Syncromesh at Pep Boys (cheaper than Amazon after using a coupon they were running if you ordered on line).

The RP helped. But it wasn't "night and day" difference. I figure that might be because I have less than 2K on my car.

The Boomba shifter + Energy Suspension shifter bracket bushing + Steeda Transmission mount insert however have made a HUGE difference in how the car shifts.

I will likely order the BG stuff to try in the next few months.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I made the swap about 4K miles ago. Between that and the Steeda Tri-ax. Shifting is butta.

OP
OP

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
I put about 150 miles on it today and the shifter feel is SO much better. I’ll probably be upgrading my shifter soon as well. Can’t wait to see how much better it feels then.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. This is a must-do for every single manual S550 owner.

Sponsored

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
So I know I’m not the first to do this but I have been so impressed I felt the need to write about it. I’ve had my car for a couple months now and I’ve put about 5k on it. I love nearly everything about this car except the clunking and grinding trans. My car was worse when it was a cold but also did it when it was warm as well. The worst was 2-3 shift under light loads, just shifting nice and easy it’s clunky and it would actually grind a fair amount of the time.

Here’s a little background. I used to sell BG products up until last year so I’m very familiar with how well they work but never owned a manual car while working for BG so I had never personally tried Syncro-Shift II. Until yesterday, I replaced the trans fluid with the BG fluid and holy cow what a difference!! I’m super impressed to say the least. I could tell right away just by shifting in my drive way that it was going to be much smoother. Once I drove it was even more impressive. The clunking and grinding have been greatly reduced to the point I can live it. Before the new fluid I had decided to take it to a dealership and have them look at the trans but I really didn’t want to do that. Now I don’t have to.

For those that have been dealing with these same trans issues give the BG fluid a shot. It made a huge difference for me.
I've been running the BG for the last 7k miles and the difference is huge. Is there a recommendation as to how many miles before changing it out?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've got no issues with mine but is there a how-to on changing the tranny fluid. Easy?

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've been running the BG for the last 7k miles and the difference is huge. Is there a recommendation as to how many miles before changing it out?

[MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION] said when the shifting starts feeling notchy change it out. I got 3 quarts in the mail from him today. I changed mine in springtime before doing 2 days at Memphis raceway, 2 days at VIR in July, and a few thousand street miles.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How long before it starts getting notchy again?
I've had mine in for about 15k miles and no sign of it. Still butter smooth when warm.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
How long before it starts getting notchy again?

I have about 50,000 miles on my most recent fluid change, even in near freezing temps still perfectly smooth.

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
No grinding in mine but I did notice the clunking. I thought it was just me. I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks!
Sponsored