Clutch failed after 14m / 20k miles.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Got my car back today. How many people have to drive across 4 countries for 14 hrs to get their car back? LOL!

Repair was 17 days in total. Could be worse. Parts availability for these cars sucks here in the EU.

Bill was just under $1300. Ford have washed their hands of me. Need to consider whether I want to instruct a lawyer to fight the case or not. Im not impressed either way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
All good. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't someone here who recommended that clutch for a track application.

The RST uses an organic compound which really doesn't like extreme heat. That's why I'll always recommend an RXT over an RST to most people on here even with mildly modified vehicles. The RXT is ceramic and will handle the heat and abuse much better.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks, Jared
I have read multiple times that the RXT is way to hard on a stock trans? Most people recommend RST.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
No way in hell that clutch was abused,keep them photos man and also get photos of the pressure plate,if no hot spots they will have to 100% pay for that clutch repair.It may take pushing it to the top,but when u get someone that has a clue and show them thoses pics they will see it was not abused.Also the input shaft looks to be scored,if so it needs replaced as it could damage the pilot bearing and the whole assy will be coming out again.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
how did the UK dealership decide on customer abuse?

In any case, (U.S.) Ford warranties drive train, except for clutch. And they may not warranty a drive train at all if there is an aftermarket engine tune. If they do replace a clutch, it is probably a goodwill repair.

Last edited:

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
how did the UK dealership decide on customer abuse?

In any case, (U.S.) Ford warranties drive train, except for clutch. And they may not warranty a drive train at all if there is an aftermarket engine tune. If they do replace a clutch, it is probably a goodwill repair.
I'm guessing OUIJI BOARD!.....
Sponsored