Sponsored

2017 R Production Nos. - Straight from Flatrock

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
If there is a 2018 GT500 when would they hit historically or is that a 19 model?
Sponsored

El_Jefe_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
I Have a feeling the next special edition mustang wont be called GT500, probably Mach 1 so it wouldn't affect GT350 sales

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
A little disappointed, I admit - but I don't think Ford ever promised they wouldn't make more than originally anticipated. O well, great car - more parts ;)

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Ford is continuing production of the GT350 for a reason, it's selling great.. It's not much more of a problem for them to continue with the R and I do believe they will. With the reception of the car and the big profits dealers are making, it would be stupid not to.

The great news is, this awesome car will be available to more enthusiasts and not hoarded in "rich guys garages"!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Interesting news. Every dealer I spoke with still want an arm and a leg for ADM. Eventually the buyers that have to have an R will be saturated.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think the extras are because they are building an R for every filer in the class action lawsuit. Foghorn leghorn told me so.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If this is true, Ford will be devaluing the R model. Not to turn this into an ADM discussion, but if they double the production numbers, people will be less willing to pay up. I dont see this as good for past or future purchasers. I hope this turns out to be a false story.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
If this is true, Ford will be devaluing the R model. Not to turn this into an ADM discussion, but if they double the production numbers, people will be less willing to pay up. I dont see this as good for past or future purchasers. I hope this turns out to be a false story.
Truth, I'm hoping that IF they do produce 1000, it is because they will be releasing a 2018 GT500/Cobra/Mach1/whatever. Only way it makes sense really, as they said they weren't going to produce 2 Shelby's at one time, and since there is a MY18 GT250, perhaps the extra 17's would make up for the lack of an R in 2018 IF they cut GT350 production short for MY18 and do a "half year" production of the GT500 like they have done in the past.

I thought it was honestly really cool that they made exactly 526 MY16 R's, and was hoping they would do the same.

Sponsored

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
I don't understand this kind of logic. How are they devaluing the R model? They are not delivering less product. Nor are they raising the prices for the same product. Remember that Ford gets no additional revenue for dealer-charged ADM's; that's pure profit-taking on the part of the dealers. So if Ford decides to build more high-margin vehicles to meet the under-served demand, their revenues are up and dealers will sell more cars - albeit at a lower ADM. The only folks that should be annoyed are those that have paid ADM's with the assumption that they'd recoup it somehow like all the used R's on ebay that don't seem to sell.

I also really can't comprehend any way that this is not good for "future purchasers."

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tom, Gotti is legit. Until Ford changes the projected number, that's the number.

I honestly don't see it as "devaluing." If anything, increased production may bring the market more in line with where it should have been in the first place. I'm all for that.

I don't understand this kind of logic. How are they devaluing the R model? They are not delivering less product. Nor are they raising the prices for the same product. Remember that Ford gets no additional revenue for dealer-charged ADM's; that's pure profit-taking on the part of the dealers.
I agree. Dealers saw an opportunity and as a result prices escalated. If dealers lose the ability to hold out for ridiculous money over and above sticker then the market is where it should have been all along.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I don't understand this kind of logic. How are they devaluing the R model? They are not delivering less product. Nor are they raising the prices for the same product. Remember that Ford gets no additional revenue for dealer-charged ADM's; that's pure profit-taking on the part of the dealers. So if Ford decides to build more high-margin vehicles to meet the under-served demand, their revenues are up and dealers will sell more cars - albeit at a lower ADM. The only folks that should be annoyed are those that have paid ADM's with the assumption that they'd recoup it somehow like all the used R's on ebay that don't seem to sell.

I also really can't comprehend any way that this is not good for "future purchasers."
Exactly. The only thing this is hurting is GT350R owners who are looking at their cars as investments.

We should be happy that there will be more R's available, it's a special car and there is no reason to hold back on what is arguably one of the greatest Fords ever mass produced, excluding the GT of course.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
You think you would see more available for purchase, and more dealers able to obtain an allocation. The theory of looping the 18s in there is interesting. There's no reason they couldn't schedule them to be built now, and then when orders are placed add in the 18 color selections.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Cool! Hopefully another 1000 for 2018! I'd love to get an R at the price ford intended.
Sponsored