Sponsored

2.5" catted mid-pipe options

NedMcMahon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible
I am running a BBK shorty header with a Hooker cat-back exhaust - that deletes the resonator with an H-pipe and is 2.5" diameter. The last 2.25" diameter restriction in the system is the mid-pipe (from header to cat-back).

Lethal Performance has a 2.5" midpipe - but it is offroad only, namely no cats. I was looking for a catted version. Anyone know of one?

Presumably, I could weld a 2.5 cat into the Lethal midpipe - just looking for off the shelf options.
Sponsored

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
I am running a BBK shorty header with a Hooker cat-back exhaust - that deletes the resonator with an H-pipe and is 2.5" diameter. The last 2.25" diameter restriction in the system is the mid-pipe (from header to cat-back).

Lethal Performance has a 2.5" midpipe - but it is offroad only, namely no cats. I was looking for a catted version. Anyone know of one?

Presumably, I could weld a 2.5 cat into the Lethal midpipe - just looking for off the shelf options.
I dont think you are causing much restriction on a NA v6 with 2.25 piping until you go for boosting. If its 5.0 then yes 2.25 would be restrictive.

OP
OP

NedMcMahon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never found one, so I got the Lethal Performance catless one. Welded in 2.5" cats, bottle resonator, flex section, and coated with a few coats of VHT. Haven't yet updated the MPT tune, but will soon after some data logging.
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1980.JPG

OP
OP

NedMcMahon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solo Performance apparently makes one. Not CARB compliant, but it will pass emissions and will keep the check engine light off. They make a kick ass exhaust too, that includes a j-pipe to reduce drone.... I probably would have done that set up if I had known about it.
Sponsored