Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

Dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 GT
Wow, that's insane. Here's how I found mine, maybe this will work for you too. I apologize if everybody knows this and it's been repeated.

I started at shop.ford.com. I entered the specifics of 2017 Shelby GT350R. Enter your zip code, and select 100 mile search. The web site only lets you select 100 mile search, but if you modify the URL you can increase the search area. Once you have your initial results, modify the URL to increase the search area. I chose 1000 miles. I think it only goes up to 500 miles, even when you say 1000. But you'll get a lot more entries this way than the 100 mile search.

http://shop.ford.com/inventory/must...ng_F05-SHELBYGT350R&year=2017&Order=HighPrice

Then I expanded my search area to Southern California with zip code 92804, then to San Diego, then to Phoenix Arizona, then to Oregon, Washington, etc. I repeated this process until I made my own database of cars in the colors I wanted. I downloaded the window sticker from Ford's web site, and most importantly I wrote down the VIN.

Once I had the results, I concentrated on the entries that said "dealer ordered" -- as those are the one currently being manufactured and not yet delivered. This is where the VIN became real important. About half of these dealers with "dealer ordered" cars didn't realize they had one coming. So by giving them the VIN, they were able to look it up and confirm the approximate delivery date on the car and whether or not it was already sold.

Then one-by-one, I called the dealers with the cars in the color(s) I wanted and tried to negotiate price.

Ford in Fairfield claims to only charge $5k over sticker.

Anyways, good luck. This process worked for me.
Wanted to thank you for this, as it's how I located my R. The twist is it only lists 100ish dealers at a time. So, with the aid of google maps + radius, I adjusted for this using a 450 Mile radius and then how far away the furthest dealer was.

Took about 2 days but this is what it looks like - high dealer and population density on the east coast, left coast much easier to search ......

image.png
Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Wanted to thank you for this, as it's how I located my R. The twist is it only lists 100ish dealers at a time. So, with the aid of google maps + radius, I adjusted for this using a 450 Mile radius and then how far away the furthest dealer was.

Took about 2 days but this is what it looks like - high dealer and population density on the east coast, left coast much easier to search ......

image.png
Ah, so that explains why I could only see a few hundred miles away in some cases and farther away in others -- even when I entered 1000 miles in the URL This way you can see if there's any gaps in your area coverage.

Great improvement to the algorithm!

Sponsored

ttn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350R
^^^^Not Really.

I have two friends that have found R's on the dealers showroom floor that got them at MSRP!

So it is possible.
So these 2 friends had no prior relationship with the dealers where they bought their R at msrp? If this the case, then I would consider this very rare...

So what is it in my case? Allocation has been ordered and the car is in production and not on the floor...at MSRP. Haha MSRP exists in all forms! I just wish it were the right color. I would rather an allocation for what I want than a good opportunity for one I don't.
I would consider yourself pretty lucky...in your case...since either the dealer has an allocation that somebody ordered but decided that he did not want or that the dealer has an allocation that they have speced out but no buyer yet and was willing to give it to you at msrp...again not the same as somebody who was given an allocation from the beginning...

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
^^^^Not Really.

I have two friends that have found R's on the dealers showroom floor that got them at MSRP!

So it is possible.
WOW, you AND 2 friends got R's at MSRP? 3 people that all know each other just walked right into a Ford dealership that carries GT350R's and boom, the dealer just sold them at sticker because they are nice? They didn't mind leaving money on the table for the hell of it? You should all 3 get together and go buy lotto tickets, the luck between all of you is just amazing!

I'm sorry, I'm just a skeptical person. These dealers have no reason just to sell that 1 or 2 R's they get at MSRP when the market is so hot and dealers know it. Now if they had a relationship with the dealership in some way, then I'd believe it.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
WOW, you AND 2 friends got R's at MSRP? 3 people that all know each other just walked right into a Ford dealership that carries GT350R's and boom, the dealer just sold them at sticker because they are nice? They didn't mind leaving money on the table for the hell of it? You should all 3 get together and go buy lotto tickets, the luck between all of you is just amazing!

I'm sorry, I'm just a skeptical person. These dealers have no reason just to sell that 1 or 2 R's they get at MSRP when the market is so hot and dealers know it. Now if they had a relationship with the dealership in some way, then I'd believe it.
I think they all work for FORD, lol, so they're cheating, then they come on here laughing at everyone else who can't find MSRP deal. F'n car dealers, lmao.

Dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 GT
Ah, so that explains why I could only see a few hundred miles away in some cases and farther away in others -- even when I entered 1000 miles in the URL This way you can see if there's any gaps in your area coverage.

Great improvement to the algorithm!
Another tip for folks is to just type the new zip code directly into the website address, once it is updated for the miles (I just used 450 miles).

I actually saved the zip codes I used so think I have a list that will completely cover all US dealers. Part of why it took so long. But allowed me to replicate the search a LOT quicker the second time around.

Now we just need some really smart engineer to develop a script for us to automate the whole thing!

But then we'd lose any advantage for someone willing to put in the time to search for one of these ;)

Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
For the throwback crowd looking for an R w/no electronics I found this one down the street from where I work: http://www.dealerrater.com/classifieds/2017-Ford-Mustang-ad-1FATP8JZ7H5523816/

Dealerrater search radius is 250mi and was pretty good when I was searching for my R. I used it and also Google maps to go thru the New Inventory of every dealer within my quad-state area to find my R. When I found it it was the only one turning up...now Koons Ford has 2(inbound i think as no photos yet) in addition to the 1 posted above. They are Rs blk w/blk stripes and white w/blue stripes...both R electronics equipped if anyone is interested.

20-30k ADM seems to be the minimum around here...and I've seen several come and go with no drop on advertised price so take that fwiw if you do check on these.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
I think they all work for FORD, lol, so they're cheating, then they come on here laughing at everyone else who can't find MSRP deal. F'n car dealers, lmao.
Just to be clear. I'm not trying to rub it in. This is the 2nd time I've ever mentioned that I got an R at MSRP or that I have people I know that got them at MSRP.

But when people say that can't find them or they don't exist I spoke out. I will agree having a relationship with a dealer can help. But there are dealers out there that don't charge a ADM on any of there cars (shelby's, Raptors or RS's etc...)

You just have to find those dealers!

So quit being Haters!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Did the OP suggest that anyone of us that were able to secure MSRP deals on an R model like we just walked into some Ford dealership and secured an MSRP deal on the spot?

You make it all sound so easy but obviously you do not appreciate the amount of time and effort that many of us on the forum have put in from day one in order to locate/secure an MSRP deal.

Personally I started making hundreds of phone calls pretty much 2 years ago this month when I first heard about the GT350/GT350R's and like many others paid our dues in order to try to secure MSRP deals on R models.

As you correctly stated personal long standing relationships with various Ford dealerships definitely go a long ways in securing good deals but at some point even those strong relationships only go so far based on the minimal amount of allocations given out therefore many such as myself have to look to many new dealerships that will work with us.

Within the last couple of years I have been able to pass along 2 MSRP deals on R models to members on this forum and just 2 weeks ago passed along a $5k ADM on an R model for a last minute allocation to another member on this forum. Those deals were passed along based on friends coming to me for help and I was more than happy to try to help them out as they are good people.

Those deals along with my own deals were secured based on a combination of long lasting relationships and hundreds of cold calls to dealerships that I had no involvement with in the past which just happened to work out.

Sorry to hear your skepticism and sincerely hope that you can locate your own MSRP deal down the road!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
'17 Electronics Package at All Star Ford Lincoln in Prairieville, LA. Looks to be MSRP and it's race red, black stripes and black roof.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Koons Baltimore Ford has a white 2017 GT350 with a black roof, electronics package and car cover for MSRP. They also have an Avalanche Grey equipped the same way in transit that will be sold for MSRP.
Sponsored

Last edited: