Sponsored

V6 tunes worth it ?

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i will be ordering the jdm tune see how it does against the mpt, if nothing backfires this weekend
Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
So I'm pulling the trigger on a mpt this weekend but wanted some feedback from you guys that already have it. The problem I have with my bama tune is the low end of the powerband and throttle sensitivity. It's either drive slower than a grandma or what feels like a **** hair short of WOT basically almost impossible to modulate the throttle, it's fine on a nice summer weekend when I want to drive like a dick but driving to work at 6 in the morning it gets old real fast.

So my question is what type of mpt tune do you guys recommend, which do you use? Thanks in advance.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I run the 93PRX. I think it is great and much smoother than stock. You can modulate throttle very easily. I'd suggest getting the highest octane that is available.

@Jon|3.7 I'm looking forward forward to what you think of them especially compared to mpt.

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Please let us know what you think about the mpt tune I am still not sure which tune I'm going to get but it will be ..unleashed or mpt

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
I've been running the MPT 93prx for about a year now and love it. It's night and day from the stock tune. Throttle response is so much better. Especially in sport mode

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
If you are getting the 3 tune bundle I would get the 87-89 91 93 PR-X tunes that way you have it all covered. I got the 93 PR-X the 93Eco and the any octane tune when I ordered mine and if I was to do it over again I would go the way I first stated. I run the 93 PR-X in my V6 and I love it I have the Auto Trans and it makes a big difference over stock just wait and see you will not want to go back to Stock , I hate when I have to because my car is going to the dealer for something

cmorris975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So I'm pulling the trigger on a mpt this weekend but wanted some feedback from you guys that already have it. The problem I have with my bama tune is the low end of the powerband and throttle sensitivity. It's either drive slower than a grandma or what feels like a **** hair short of WOT basically almost impossible to modulate the throttle, it's fine on a nice summer weekend when I want to drive like a dick but driving to work at 6 in the morning it gets old real fast.

So my question is what type of mpt tune do you guys recommend, which do you use? Thanks in advance.
93PRX as well here on an automatic. The throttle is much more sensitive than stock but also easily modulated. Normal drive mode is a little less sensitive than sport. Both are great and I can predictably drive with either one. So far I am getting a few more MPG than stock which is nice because it offsets the increased cost of the 93 gas. It's really a pleasure to drive with this tune, more along the lines of what I expected from the car when I first bought it but a bit quicker as well. MPT says it can add 40 HP at peak, feels like that might not be unreasonable but I am no expert as this is my first decently fast car. I do have the new throttle body installed from the Ford recall, that might be helping too.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
93PRX as well here on an automatic. The throttle is much more sensitive than stock but also easily modulated. Normal drive mode is a little less sensitive than sport. Both are great and I can predictably drive with either one. So far I am getting a few more MPG than stock which is nice because it offsets the increased cost of the 93 gas. It's really a pleasure to drive with this tune, more along the lines of what I expected from the car when I first bought it but a bit quicker as well. MPT says it can add 40 HP at peak, feels like that might not be unreasonable but I am no expert as this is my first decently fast car. I do have the new throttle body installed from the Ford recall, that might be helping too.
You're not getting 40RWHP with tune only without forced induction. Even then that might be pushing it...

cmorris975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Seems a bit much to me too but this is the page I am referencing:

http://www.morepowertuning.com/15mustangtunedescriptions

Like I said I am new to this stuff so I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly.
It's just pure marketing. Most tuners don't promise gains because every engine is different (even the same engine). Gains can and will vary. No worries, we're all learning here. Welcome to the forum.

RWHP is all that matters. Even for crank those numbers would be fairly optimistic. The trap speeds in the 1/4 mile tell a much more accurate representation of whether you're making power or not after tunes/mods besides the dyno.

Last edited:

Sponsored

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
The last 6 post on here are right on. I only have had MPT tunes,.. 5 of them only tried 3 the 87-89.. 91.. 93 PRX so I cant speak of others. I went back to stock once just to try it OMG get that out of my mustang. What MPT does to the trans is wonderful that alone is fantastic. Run the 91PRX for no worries on gas if you aren't sure you can get 93, 87-89 PRX if you don't want to spend extra money on a fill up. 93 PRX if you want to play with the track apps 0-60 5.3 seconds 1/4 mile 13.7 not bad for an auto v6 no other mods

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
The last 6 post on here are right on. I only have had MPT tunes,.. 5 of them only tried 3 the 87-89.. 91.. 93 PRX so I cant speak of others. I went back to stock once just to try it OMG get that out of my mustang. What MPT does to the trans is wonderful that alone is fantastic. Run the 91PRX for no worries on gas if you aren't sure you can get 93, 87-89 PRX if you don't want to spend extra money on a fill up. 93 PRX if you want to play with the track apps 0-60 5.3 seconds 1/4 mile 13.7 not bad for an auto v6 no other mods
What % does MPT 93 put your auto tranny at? I have a SCTx4 93 tune with the menu and can take my from factory to +25% which I have my at and only paddle shift up and down. Get a good chirp in 2nd, also can increase the red line to 7200 rpm's.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also question the HP gains. Unless rental cars are detuned.

Attached are Hypertech tune numbers they look low.
They are exaggerated numbers for marketing fluff. Dynos can be manipulated to read whatever you want by changing the smoothing. Even with a 5.0 you're not gaining 40WHP with just a tune...
Sponsored