Sponsored

Solved My 16 Tech Cooler Issues.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I had a similar offer for 50.5K for my car and 59K for a 17' EPack. turned it down. Congrats on the new car!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Congrats on the purchase! I'm still torn on whether I went the right way. My car is all buttoned up and the new transmission works great, but I'm still waiting for a FP diff cooling solution. It looks like it will be too difficult to get the factory pump working.

I think I saw your AG GT350 at Autonation after it was first delivered. Did it sit there a few days before you were able to pick it up?

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Congrats on the purchase! I'm still torn on whether I went the right way. My car is all buttoned up and the new transmission works great, but I'm still waiting for a FP diff cooling solution. It looks like it will be too difficult to get the factory pump working.

I think I saw your AG GT350 at Autonation after it was first delivered. Did it sit there a few days before you were able to pick it up?
Thanks, your way will definitely be cheaper in the long run. I hope they figure out the diff thing and offer something this year. At least you can hit some HPDE's this year now! I didn't have the know how or tools to do what you did. So it was either this or getting a shop to install them. I was ready to move on from my 16 though as well because of the history of the car etc.

It sat there for a few weeks. Another person ordered it and then for whatever reason they decided not to take it. I had my M4 at the time that I had modded a bit and it took me a little while to decide to trade that in and sell my mods.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congrats Jason. Hopefully this will ease your mind. It's hard to put a price tag on "peace of mind". Be safe an enjoy!

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Congrats Jason. Hopefully this will ease your mind. It's hard to put a price tag on "peace of mind". Be safe an enjoy!
Thanks and I agree. It is nice to just have it done and know that I can go to a HPDE event or something similar on a whim now if I have the time.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Congrats! Gorgeous color.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey Jason,
Congratulations! Good luck w your new ride.

Feel your angst about the color, don't think I could've done just based on that alone :lol:

Do you know the specifcs on the audio upgrades?

Congrats again :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jason,
Congratulations! Good luck w your new ride.

Feel your angst about the color, don't think I could've done just based on that alone :lol:

Do you know the specifcs on the audio upgrades?

Congrats again :cheers:
I still love AG, especially with stripes, but Ruby Red is so deep and gorgeous in other ways. I will miss how AG hid dirt and rarely looked dirty to me though. I'm looking into a ceramic coating and some form of Xpel to protect the RR this week.

I don't know the specifics except for they added two more speakers. I can't remember my tech pack door, but I believe they put the mid in the door. Check out the pic and let me know if it is different. I'd also guess they beefed up the amp as well because I can turn it up quite a bit louder now and it still sounds clean and much clearer.

I think you asked about my deal and then edited it. I don't mind talking about it. I had an agreement with my wife that I could do this if the payment and years stayed the same on the previous loan.............and I didn't have to write a massive check to make that happen.

I wrote this up to show her what it would take to get my tech pack up to snuff compared to just starting over with the 17

Tires: 1500ish

Tabs/license: 550

OEM trans cooler: 4300ish

Diff: ??? Lets say at least 800

Reacro/track seat: 1600ish and up for one most likely.

I was also planning on new speakers and maybe a new amp that I am now not going to do which would have been at least 1000 probably more.

So a total of at least $9750 plus to do that to the 16 tech and I would have questionable to no warranty coverage on the coolers.

I put $5100 down and was going to have to spend a minimum of $2000 this summer any way tires/tabs. So for me it felt like I could make the trade for roughly 3k and get a whole lot more car and as somebody else said peace of mind. I'm sure I lost more than 3k as I started the loan over, but it is almost the exact same payment and terms as the old one so my wife was happy and so am I. Hope that makes sense.

And oh yeah, did I mention I get to do Track Attack again! ;):D:cheers:
IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I probably would have done the same thing, or bought a ZL1. Has anyone done a comp between a 1LE and the GT350?

Dave

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I still love AG, especially with stripes, but Ruby Red is so deep and gorgeous in other ways. I will miss how AG hid dirt and rarely looked dirty to me though. I'm looking into a ceramic coating and some form of Xpel to protect the RR this week.

I don't know the specifics except for they added two more speakers. I can't remember my tech pack door, but I believe they put the mid in the door. Check out the pic and let me know if it is different. I'd also guess they beefed up the amp as well because I can turn it up quite a bit louder now and it still sounds clean and much clearer.

I think you asked about my deal and then edited it. I don't mind talking about it. I had an agreement with my wife that I could do this if the payment and years stayed the same on the previous loan.............and I didn't have to write a massive check to make that happen.

I wrote this up to show her what it would take to get my tech pack up to snuff compared to just starting over with the 17

Tires: 1500ish

Tabs/license: 550

OEM trans cooler: 4300ish

Diff: ??? Lets say at least 800

Reacro/track seat: 1600ish and up for one most likely.

I was also planning on new speakers and maybe a new amp that I am now not going to do which would have been at least 1000 probably more.

So a total of at least $9750 plus to do that to the 16 tech and I would have questionable to no warranty coverage on the coolers.

I put $5100 down and was going to have to spend a minimum of $2000 this summer any way tires/tabs. So for me it felt like I could make the trade for roughly 3k and get a whole lot more car and as somebody else said peace of mind. I'm sure I lost more than 3k as I started the loan over, but it is almost the exact same payment and terms as the old one so my wife was happy and so am I. Hope that makes sense.

And oh yeah, did I mention I get to do Track Attack again! ;):D:cheers:

Nice dude! Congrats on the new car!

I just did the same thing but went from 16 DIB to a 17 with my 2nd color choice when I was originally looking for one last year (black w/ white stripes). My car just got delivered to the dealer over the weekend and they said it should be ready in a few days.

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Nice dude! Congrats on the new car!

I just did the same thing but went from 16 DIB to a 17 with my 2nd color choice when I was originally looking for one last year (black w/ white stripes). My car just got delivered to the dealer over the weekend and they said it should be ready in a few days.
Nice, congrats to you as well! When you get a few miles in it, let me know your thoughts as a previous 16 owner. I'm curious as to those that have done this (16 to 17) think.
Sponsored