Sponsored

2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Sorry for the late response. Didn't see the mention. To start both of my breather filters were the wrong size and I just modded them to fit lol. One is a 7/8 ID S&B (too large) that I had to insert a piece of hose to fit my application, the other one is your typical 12mm/0.5" breather (too small) that where I had to enlarge the opening to fit my catch can(s). I am now running baffled catch cans on both valve covers now as I noticed oil mist was getting on my driver's side breather. Now everything vents cleanly without the oil mist.
I have a catch can on the passanger side that fills up a shot glass at 3000 miles. I installed a filter breather in the oil filler cap on the driver side that was saturated with oil and dropping. I'm thinking about spliceing a chatch can into the PVC hose line. I didn't think the PVC collected so much oil.
Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Ok I put on my GT Throttlebody today wow it a nice big improvement definitely worth it now all I need is to figure out how to reset the .. day month and year. On the radio ( I got it fixed) if anyone else is considering this upgrade do it

Last edited:
OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Ok I put on my GT Throttlebody today wow it a nice big improvement definitely worth it now all I need is to figure out how to reset the .. day month and year. On the radio ( I got fixed) if anyone else is considering this upgrade do it
Glad you're enjoying the driveability benefits of this mod. Enjoy. :cheers:

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I wish I could do it too but my car is at Ford right now... I received the adapter late. They delayed the shipping for some reason. :shrug: Right now I have everything ready in the box but not my car :frusty: I can't wait to try it out though :D

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
:( I just saw that the adapter for boosted applications is up there. Looks like I am going to have to wait on this mod

Sponsored

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
[MENTION=13413]whatdoyoufeedit?[/MENTION] Are you catching a lot of oil on the driver's side? I've read that it is negligible but as it pertains to the coyotes but I've never really seen any mention for the cyclone.
I just took my catch can off the Mustang, 3.7l, after 1500 plus miles and there wasn't enough oil in it to drip out. I had the same setup as "whatdoyoufeedit" had originally. Breather on the driver side and a catch can and breather on the passenger side. The only sign of oil was the smell inside of the can and a dark spot on the valve cover above the driver side breather about an inch by two inches. So unless I've screwed up big time, my engine has very little blow by, I'm sure it varies a lot engine to engine. I took the can and the throttle body off cause I was going to the dealer for a vibration in my steering wheel, and I'm going back stock, try and recoup a little cash.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I took the whole GT TB thing out of the car. I'm going to another route. I'm probably gonna lemon my car or try something different. (TB + Adapter plate + gasket + screws + intake pipe will be on the classified tonight for the same price I bought everything).

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I just took my catch can off the Mustang, 3.7l, after 1500 plus miles and there wasn't enough oil in it to drip out. I had the same setup as "whatdoyoufeedit" had originally. Breather on the driver side and a catch can and breather on the passenger side. The only sign of oil was the smell inside of the can and a dark spot on the valve cover above the driver side breather about an inch by two inches. So unless I've screwed up big time, my engine has very little blow by, I'm sure it varies a lot engine to engine. I took the can and the throttle body off cause I was going to the dealer for a vibration in my steering wheel, and I'm going back stock, try and recoup a little cash.
I have a catch can on the passenger side, I put a breather filter were the oil filler cap is and it filled up with oil in no time. I remover it and put the stock filler cap back on. How much oil goes through the PVC valve and hose?

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi all

I'm finally getting around to doing this. Can someone check my parts list and make sure I ordered everything I need?

-Intake pipe w/ PVC fittings (The one Whynot used) like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-3...ash=item3d233a3c5a:g:yWcAAOSwmrlUyUvD&vxp=mtr

-11-14 GT Throttle Body

-3.5" coupler, quantity 1 (from pipe to throttle body)

-4" to 3.5" coupler, quantity 1 (from pipe to airbox)

-Bolts, M6-1.0 x 55 alan bolts

I'm going to have my machine shop drill the holes in the new throttle body vs using the adapter. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Hi all

I'm finally getting around to doing this. Can someone check my parts list and make sure I ordered everything I need?

-Intake pipe w/ PVC fittings (The one Whynot used) like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-3...ash=item3d233a3c5a:g:yWcAAOSwmrlUyUvD&vxp=mtr

-11-14 GT Throttle Body

-3.5" coupler, quantity 1 (from pipe to throttle body)

-4" to 3.5" coupler, quantity 1 (from pipe to airbox)

-Bolts, M6-1.0 x 55 alan bolts

I'm going to have my machine shop drill the holes in the new throttle body vs using the adapter. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks!
Looks like you got it covered for the basic throttle body swap.

Sponsored

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi again. I'm starting to get my parts in and did some test fitting last night. Everything seems to look good except for the coupler from the pipe to the airbox. I ordered a 3.5" to 4" for that section. It fits over the pipe fine but seems like its too big for the airbox. To me it looks like it should be a 3.75" that goes over the airbox, not 4". I did a search but don't really see any straight 3.5" to 3.75" couplers.

To those that have done this, did you use a 4" coupler on the airbox? How did you get it tight and seal without leaks?

Thanks!

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi again. I'm starting to get my parts in and did some test fitting last night. Everything seems to look good except for the coupler from the pipe to the airbox. I ordered a 3.5" to 4" for that section. It fits over the pipe fine but seems like its too big for the airbox. To me it looks like it should be a 3.75" that goes over the airbox, not 4". I did a search but don't really see any straight 3.5" to 3.75" couplers.

To those that have done this, did you use a 4" coupler on the airbox? How did you get it tight and seal without leaks?

Thanks!
I found a 3.5" - 3.75" coupler from siliconeintakes.com. Going to give it shot. Will report back when complete

NedMcMahon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible
2015 GT throttle body

Has anyone gotten the 2015 throttle body to work? Is there a tune for it now? I got a free take off from a friend.

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone gotten the 2015 throttle body to work? Is there a tune for it now? I got a free take off from a friend.
No, the 2015+ does not work and it's not a "tune" issue unfortunately. It's just purely incompatible. My guess is due to the tri-core stuff in the 2015+ Coyotes. The 2011-2014 era is your go to throttle body.
Sponsored