Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This kit always comes up and people zero in on the $3,700, but just realize that after injectors, programmer and tuning, you're going to be in the $5,000+ range.
Sponsored

snydog90

Snydog808
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I was looking more at the potential of the kit. I know that 3700$ won't get you the whole package but even priced to how I want it(around 5700$) thats still cheaper than my priced out 6300$ procharger kit I wanted previously. Also the tuning potential for power is much greater. Plus if anything its just gives 3.7 owners another option in regards to FI solutions. To each his own. Happy Modding!

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm always going to bias to ProCharger but I'm obviously biased because I've worked with them so extensively and spent time in their facility.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I think mostly because of the 2.3l that people don't pay attention to a turbo v6. People who wanted factory turbo already has it and focus on that build.

I was actually intending to go procharger since many say that the power is linear which is very nice but in the end I am choosing to go turbo via SSM kit. Just seems more interesting to go that route.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Kodypiccirilli,

I've been lurking this forum for a year and half and have never posted, but I wanted to speak up and tell you I can't believe you aren't getting more props for this! Super cool. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about starting a similar build myself, but I have a couple questions, if you don't mind answering.

On the downpipes, it looks like you connected straight to the factory cats. Did you completely fab from the turbo to the cat? Or did you use the factory F150 downpipes and mod them to mate up to your cats? How difficult was this process? Any super crazy radiuses? I've thought about using a catted H pipe (usually for long tubes) and trying to make the downpipes mate to that. Would give a little more room to work with, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the additional cost.

Also, how was the tuning process? I know you typically start with a base map and tune from there, but there's not really a basemap for this type of setup since it is so unique. Did you start from scratch, or use a modified F150 ecoboost basemap or something like that?
Hello, the downpipes were fabbed up by cutting the stock connecting flanges and moving them back slightly then welding in the downpipe. The process was relatively difficult due to being the first car this was done on. I believe the base map used for tuning was for a v6 mustang, not an f150.

Sponsored

Boss226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Im also planning a similar build, but I was wondering how many parts can I grab from an f150? I plan on getting the majority form a junk yard and once everything is working properly I will swab out for better parts.

Thanks in advance

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Im also planning a similar build, but I was wondering how many parts can I grab from an f150? I plan on getting the majority form a junk yard and once everything is working properly I will swab out for better parts.

Thanks in advance
F150: turbos, exhaust/turbo manifolds, intercooler/charge plumbing can all be used.

Be sure to get year model specific parts from the F150, i.e. do not mix up parts from different year model F150's because some of the designs for the year models change. I believe the 2011-2012 can be matched and 2013+ can be matched respectively. If you have more specific questions, I would suggest contacting Tom Yentzer at Super Six Motorsports.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Kody, maybe a silly question, do you dd your mustang? I'm wondering if it is safe to dd after going turbo since it doesn't come turbo from factory.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
Kody, maybe a silly question, do you dd your mustang? I'm wondering if it is safe to dd after going turbo since it doesn't come turbo from factory.
Yes, this is my only vehicle. I have put about 5000 miles on the setup. No issues, just minor tuning adjustments.

Sponsored

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
It is sad that the s550 v6 builds do not get more attention but I understand. Its hard to get forged internals right now the only person I know selling them is super six and to get the whole engine built its around 5k or more. Kinda makes me just want to swap the engine out for the 5.0 or 5.2 sometimes.

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
I priced the swap for 5.0 motor from a reputable company that has done it and others. After all said and done it was 18k.. Just go buy a GT at that point.

It is sad that the s550 v6 builds do not get more attention but I understand. Its hard to get forged internals right now the only person I know selling them is super six and to get the whole engine built its around 5k or more. Kinda makes me just want to swap the engine out for the 5.0 or 5.2 sometimes.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I priced the swap for 5.0 motor from a reputable company that has done it and others. After all said and done it was 18k.. Just go buy a GT at that point.
I’m sure that price is for all new parts correct? I am currently researching V8 swaps. I have a DOHC 4.6 that I plan to rebuild and either swap in my 15 or go into another project. Point is if you look at a Used F150 5.0 (2015 and up) with the proper transmission (also used) you can realistically complete the swap for about $5k.

My curve ball I am researching is if it is feasible and worth it to build a SBF or dare I say it LS3 stroker (preferably in the 390-427ci range) and swap that in. The idea would be to keep all of the electronic features of the 15 and run the SBF or LS through either the OEM PCM or through another standalone ECM if the oem pcm proves ineffective. That’s my absolutely crazy and unique swap idea right now.

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
I’m sure that price is for all new parts correct? I am currently researching V8 swaps. I have a DOHC 4.6 that I plan to rebuild and either swap in my 15 or go into another project. Point is if you look at a Used F150 5.0 (2015 and up) with the proper transmission (also used) you can realistically complete the swap for about $5k.

My curve ball I am researching is if it is feasible and worth it to build a SBF or dare I say it LS3 stroker (preferably in the 390-427ci range) and swap that in. The idea would be to keep all of the electronic features of the 15 and run the SBF or LS through either the OEM PCM or through another standalone ECM if the oem pcm proves ineffective. That’s my absolutely crazy and unique swap idea right now.
Yes, however he said even with used parts you would still be ball parked 12k

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
LS swap? I'm curious if that would work. Hmmm... Ford Camaro.

12k doesn't sound bad down the line especially if you own your car.
Sponsored