Sponsored

Traded in my GT for a C7, I'm missing the GT..

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I traded in my base 2016 Mustang GT for a new 2017 Stingray 2LT a few days ago and I'm really starting to miss the Mustang. I didn't think I would since the C7 is better in nearly every way but that's to be expected from a car costing twice as much. I had a base GT with a tarted up interior and I loved that thing. It did everything I wanted while looking more than good and costing $30k. The whole package is just amazing and Ford did a fantastic job on branding. The vette does everything too well and a bit of excitement is lost because of that. Chevy tried making the base models special with the whole "Stingray" branding but it isn't as effective as the Mustangs branding. If finances allow, I'd love to get back into Mustang in the future. Wouldn't that be the dream, daily driving a vette and having a GT350 or better yet GT500 as a weekend car :cheers:.
36395068360_5e916de506_b.jpg
36646470381_2382543fd3_b.jpg

39257400991_6d050c485f_b.jpg
38380746505_da346b07e1_b.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
Interesting to see that you miss the GT after that upgrade but I can see what you're saying. I think if I had to replace my car, that'd be the first car I'd look at.

The 15-17 GT's are one of the best bang for the buck cars in the market IMO.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Don't get me wrong, I'm a euro car lover but the Vette is really trying too hard to be "euro" the Mustang nailed the balance perfectly and then priced it appropriately. I still contend the S550 is the best American car ever built. But enjoy the C7, it's not revolutionary but still the best Vette ever.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The C7 forum is missing you....

(sarcasm)

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Mustang interior wins and the vette is damned slick but I agree with above poster. It's hard to put into words but like the design on the c7 seems to have abandoned its roots.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Am I the only one that has never liked the vette? They just look cheesy to me. I've driven C3, C4, C5 and C6 cars and while they could be fun to drive they just never did anything for me.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Am I the only one that has never liked the vette? They just look cheesy to me. I've driven C3, C4, C5 and C6 cars and while they could be fun to drive they just never did anything for me.
I'm pretty sure you're in the minority.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
You’re not the only one. Ive always thought they looked like they were trying to hard... like the guys who drive them are trying to hard too

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
JSYK Corvettes are fun to drive, the metallic racing jackets, mullets, and Magnum PI mustaches are optional, not required.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

Agreed :headbang:

I thought about the Vette but I just don't like the interior and exterior.
Wife really hates the Vette and wouldn't let me buy one so go figure :shrug:

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
This new generation of Corvette is over-styled. Really, really over-styled to the point of being a total caricature of the former automobile. The interior is an ergonomic nightmare and the exterior is simply bizarre. I understand they had to do something new, but, how can Ford do something completely new and nail it whereas the Corvette just obliterated any semblance of good taste?

But then again, there are an awful lot of cars blurring this line today. I think this new generation of stylist needs to learn two new phrases:

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

and

"Less is more."

The Corvette is an amazing car by the performance and the numbers. But, as the style leader like it used to be? Sorry. You'd have to pay me to get into a Corvette, a Camaro or any of their other.... monstrosities. I'm honestly shocked that I own such a new car because I find modern styling to be completely tasteless.

Last edited:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Congrats to the OP, I'm sure it's a ton of fun to drive.

Lots of bagging on the C7 here, but I dunno... A C7 2LT w/6MT, Z51 Performance Package and MRC would be just about perfect for me. I'm a Mustang guy and I do love my GT350, but the only reason I'm not driving a C7 right now is that my wife says Corvettes are for really old guys and I'm not that old so I can't have one. lol

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I'll trade ya!
Sponsored