OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That dash is pretty slick, first proper vid I have seen I think - been trying not to look :lol:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
That dash is pretty slick, first proper vid I have seen I think - been trying not to look :lol:
Haha, but it does make me wonder if Ford have made an error making it default on exports considering quite a lot of people seem against it.

I also noticed Ford have implemented a digital speedo on the old cluster on MY18, as such if this a simple flash of current cluster to enable or could you just do a cluster swap to get digital speedo, small thing but it was all the rave in the US section trying to get digital speedo functioning.

I am firmly in the WANT section for digital speedo however. :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I mean if anyone gets a my18 and wants to swap for the my15-17 dash, I'm more than happy to swap with you.... (assuming there's some American who gets it working on a 15-17). Probably my single favourite thing on that MY18. :love:

Strokes for folks before people ask.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I would imagine any car manufacturers goal is to sell more cars, with Mustang Ford have to play the balancing game of keeping their current customer base but whilst making the car appeal to more. I've always loved Mustangs, I've owned an S197 LHD which makes me far more a purist than many on here like to make themselves out as being, I owned that weapon for 4 years, owned it twice in fact. She was supercharged and would try murdering me quite often, thankfully I survived, the car too until the next owner who purchased it off me binned it.
I think the S197 was the last of the True Muscle Mustang's, I had mine for 4 years, and only decided to sell when i saw a S550 Black Vert in the flesh.
I think the price will be good, for a Basic, but as it will be good, they feel that the stock of Unsold 17s will stay Unsold if they announce the price.
As for the 18, I am not that fussed about the electronic dash, would make life easier for me as mine is in KPH. But I feel for a Mustang it looks so much better as it is now. I had a Digital dash on my old 2.8 Supra, was pretty cool then.
For me I will wait till the 20 comes out,

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was initially excited by the 2015 when I first saw it following an accident I had late 2014 which meant I was off work for an extended period of time due to my injuries.
I had always wanted a mustang after driving one on holiday years earlier but had discounted it due to the fact is wasnt rhd.
It was at this point I began an obsession with all things Mustang and began saving for one of my own. It was also at this point that my wife started to become pissed off with me talking about mustangs all the time.
Working two jobs, I managed to save enough of a deposit to make payments reasonable and i ordered a Grabber gt in October 2016. However, I later decided to change my order to Lightning blue, which unbeknown to me had not been actioned by the dealer.
Fast forward to February 2017 and I am informed that the car is coming wrapped in Grabber Blue, which had me pretty pissed off to say the least. At this point I decided to wait out for a 2018 as I had seen it revealed a month earlier and liked wht I saw along with the available upgrades, especially the digital dash.
Now I am just waiting to finalise my order options as I have already placed the order to ensure an early build. Hopefully pricing will be released soon and I can get this done and start to look forward to driving a car I have researched and read about incessantly over the past few years.
I know most on here probably think I'm just a hanger on or dreamer when it comes to buying a mustang as I've floated around on the forum so long, but I look forward to actually meeting some of you guys when my new ride arrives some time before the summer.

Kona Blue GT
Option Pack 2
Magneride.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
That dash... if it were like the Audi one and did more than dials and swoopy things (like the big Merc ones, oddly), I'd maaaaybe be in to it. But.. what problem is it solving? I like my analogue ones!

It's a minor thing though - it'd make no odds on me ordering one or not. The power, exhaust, suspension and seats - THEY would. I'd like some easily-affordable-front-end-ideas though if I were. That and factory 20s...

I'd still go manual though - kinda pointless, no? The A10 for those in wanting an Auto makes all the difference.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That dash... if it were like the Audi one and did more than dials and swoopy things (like the big Merc ones, oddly), I'd maaaaybe be in to it. But.. what problem is it solving? I like my analogue ones!

It's a minor thing though - it'd make no odds on me ordering one or not. The power, exhaust, suspension and seats - THEY would. I'd like some easily-affordable-front-end-ideas though if I were. That and factory 20s...

I'd still go manual though - kinda pointless, no? The A10 for those in wanting an Auto makes all the difference.
We don't know yet, it may have nav paths on it, and other little gimmicks, but as we aint got customers messing round with it we can't see what ford see as the 'underrated' features.

Mondeo I drove when mine was in for underseal had lane assist, and some other cool little features on the mini screen it had.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
We don't know yet, it may have nav paths on it, and other little gimmicks, but as we aint got customers messing round with it we can't see what ford see as the 'underrated' features.

Mondeo I drove when mine was in for underseal had lane assist, and some other cool little features on the mini screen it had.
I'm not buying that. The first thing Audi showed off was the 3D mapping; if Ford had it, they'd put a tiny image of a 2018 in the corner, and the rest of the advert would be "3D MAP!" :D

It's a variety of dials; some track bits etc. There's more; like ours, but there's nothing show stopping. That isn't unusual though; I've seen a few dashes like this and they serve a purpose, I'm just not sure why yet.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
The only 2018 I'm really liking is the Performance Pack II. I think that car looks amazing and is optioned perfectly.

Other than that, the GT350 is the only other Mustang I'd pop for. I'm very happy with mine and just couldn't justify the loss.

My car is worth about $32-35K CAN on a trade up here. A new GT Premium with PPII is going to be prolly about 55K CAN plus tax. A GT350 can be had up here for mid 70K CAN plus tax. There was a beautiful used 7500km Lightning Blue GT350 on the local lot for 72K CAN. I drove it and loved it. But to sit back and ask myself if I like it 40K better than my own right now... The honest answer was No... No I don't.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not buying that. The first thing Audi showed off was the 3D mapping; if Ford had it, they'd put a tiny image of a 2018 in the corner, and the rest of the advert would be "3D MAP!" :D

It's a variety of dials; some track bits etc. There's more; like ours, but there's nothing show stopping. That isn't unusual though; I've seen a few dashes like this and they serve a purpose, I'm just not sure why yet.
Appeals to an ever growing tech focused market. Looks "slicker" etc etc etc is the 'why' also 'new things!'

As for the map element, no idea. I mean we picked up a mazda 3 nav sport for my older brother this weekend past (from ford in Nottingham), it had HUD and some map gizmos and shiz as standard. I did have to tell the salesman however that the "carbon fiber" in the inside wasn't genuine :lol:. back on the map, it's something that could be done its wehther they have done or not, I mean, the mustang is pitching at a performance market, the audi advert is more at a "heres a boring middle management car" (I jest before someone gets offended!)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
To be sure the the s550 is a big heavy strong car, but that 2 star NCAP annoyed me. Ford can easily make a 4 or 5 star car and just because they didn't expect to be tested they did not seem to bother.
At the time of the NCAP result I had a firm order for a grabber blue GT with the 6 speed auto. But because of the two stars Ford were letting people walk away for their orders for the '17, which I did.
The 18 is still only a three star

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
The reviews and vids has certainly made me think more seriously about swapping, but ultimately it all boils down to price. At £36k I think my car was a bargain, but at £10k more, even with magnitude, active exhaust etc, it's not so clear cut. There are a lot of other very nice cars in the £45k to £50k bracket, particularly if you look at cars a couple of years old.

It wont be too long before an Alfa Gulia Quadrifoglio is under £50k. I'd take one over a Mustang any day.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Alfa Gulia Quadrifoglio - they look terrible and can only get them with flappy paddles
Sponsored