Sponsored

Anyone else feeling the MY18 urge?

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Do you know where the details are about what is in the various option packs? thanks
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
So the MY18 makes the Mustang an expensive car now
Still 41k without the options, many of which were not available for the 15 and now the 18 comes with a lot of extras that most 15 owners went out and purchased, myself includes, exhaust, suspension, tyres etc.

They are still cheaper than their rivals!

Of course I'd be far happier if it was say 39k base and closer to 45k with options, but Ford are trying to make a profit I guess.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
That’s interesting, it says the large rear spoiler is available as part of the custom pack as it has a square although it isn’t specified in the wording of the packs. My dealer tells me that ford have told him it’s part of the packs. Gibbo thinks it can’t be ordered until January. My September order is confirmed but doesn’t mention the spoiler and I don’t have a vin or build date so maybe it’s on hold until January :shrug:

Hopefully this schedule will be finalised this week as it doesn’t say either that the black off set stripes are available as shown in the brochure.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mr Wolf and I both have approx build dates in January. Both were very simple orders, 5.0, A10 and Magneride in common or garden colours with standard seats. Looks like these easy ones are getting built first.

This is correct.

The biggest delay item is rear spoiler, won't be built until February onwards.

Next biggest delay is Recaro seats, January/Feb build, I am happy as I don't want car until April/May to be honest.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Mr Wolf and I both have approx build dates in January. Both were very simple orders, 5.0, A10 and Magneride in common or garden colours with standard seats. Looks like these easy ones are getting built first.
Mines a simple one too race red V8 fastback, Manual, MagneRide, Custom Pack 2, spoiler plus I might go black offset stripes :ford:

Maybe the A10s are getting done first ;)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines a simple one too race red V8 fastback, Manual, MagneRide, Custom Pack 2, spoiler plus I might go black offset stripes :ford:

Maybe the A10s are getting done first ;)
Hero spec were very first builds, which start December 4th, that spec is:

V8 GT Coupe
A10
Orange fury
Custom Pack 4
Mag ride

Think is the spec of Ford's hero specification. Dealerships should have these on display as early as end of January, more likely February though.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time I get mine I’ll have been waiting since September 2016 or thereabouts when I heard about MY18. No worries, getting time to save and borrow less:lol:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So the MY18 makes the Mustang an expensive car now
Have to agree with this, its crossed the line for me in terms of price, still cracking value for money but not the jaw dropping bargain it was originally.

Its a good price considering the huge spec bump, and looks good when you compare it to the current prices of the 17’s. However, well worth pointing out that these prices are £7k over the original price that some of the early adopters paid. Ecoboost started at £28,995 on launch, which still blows my mind.

I like where the my has gone though, it will usher in a new wave of owners, which means more of these awesome cars on the road :ford:

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mines a manual and has a build date of January 16th. Should be here end of April, early may. Just in time for my birthday.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep just saw the white, shall I change my spec for the 3rd time:D

I hadn’t really noticed the sculpting on the top of the bonnet until this, I really like it :cool:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White does look absolutely stunning the MY18, simply wow!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
"Using a front camera and radar, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection identifies vehicles and pedestrians in the road ahead, or who could cross the vehicle’s path at speeds of up to 80 km/h (50 mph), and warns you of their presence. If you don’t respond, the system automatically applies the brakes. This new technology is designed to help reduce the severity of accidents, or help avoid them altogether, and functions between 5kph and the maximum speed of the vehicle."

Yep, "or who could cross the vehicle’s path"! What could possibly go wrong?
it's a recipe for disaster
I don't know why they have changed it
On mine it will scream it you, give you the Red Heads up display and "prime" the brakes, so if you touch them, it will be as if you have slammed down on the pedal
I often at Lights when it's green to go, and I cross and there is a car waiting to turn right and in my lane, the car will react, but all I do is shoot round it. Now if its going to apply the brakes, that could be interesting
Also in slow moving traffic, if you are going alone and somebody cuts into your lane, again the car will react
Now in 18 months it has gone off around 20 times, only 2 have I needed to slam on the brakes
Also you can't change the front lower grill, if you ever want to

It's funny when I got all the stuff on my CS, I was getting told we don't need to be told how to drive, well now it's way worse then mine
Also do you have the BLIS system? and the Cross Traffic alert which is brilliant and something everyone should have ?
Sponsored