Sponsored

Anyone else feeling the MY18 urge?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well guys, I gotta say - seeing all the buzz around the MY18 has got me reminiscing about all the fun of ordering the first time round, it's nice to watch & be involved even though I won't be ordering...

HOWEVER, the WANT is strong for the MY18, It seems to keep looking better & better the more I see of it, and overall I think it has a real aggressive presence. Had I won the lottery, I seriously think I would be placing an order for a ruby ecoboost for my daily :)

Not going to lie, there is a hint of jealousy of those who have placed orders. Despite how shite Ford are in general with a lot of things, they've done a cracking job with the refresh IMO, and have another great product.

Deep down, the MY17 will always be my favorite because of the last 2 years (wow - that went fucking quick), but I'm really looking forward to seeing it hit the roads...

Anyone else come around? I think it's fair to say we all shot it down in flames initially :lol: anyone on the fence about placing an order??? Come on...time to fess up :D
Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Think I will get a cost to change, but the lack of Grabber Blue goes a long way to killing off any want for the MY18 car.

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nah, apart from the fact I'd probably take a financial bath on my 66 (only had it 2 months or so) I'm not sure that day to day, for me, it would make sense.

I suspect that the switchable exhaust, mag ride and digital instrument cluster would be the main upsides, with the downside being the front end.

I'm a bit of a luddite really with cars, as long as I have 3 pedals and a lovely sounding engine with nice smooth power then I'm normally quite happy :D

I've been in a few Audi/VW with their digital dash and after playing about, I tend to just leave it alone - so that kind of makes it a waste. I'd like my current car to be able to display speed (without entering the tech mode on start up) but I like nice, clear, analogue dials.

I've got an axle back on my current car, that for me, is the perfect balance between loud on a wide open throttle but quiet on cruise - although one that's quiet and then goes batsh**t crazy is appealing .. I liked the PSE on my RS60 spyder.

The mag ride again I've experienced in Audi's and had PSM in Porsche's. The Mustang for me is a GT car and the current set up is nice around town, and does handle well at 8/10's on a hoon. The PSM on my Porsche was better on the soft mode, the sport mode was far too hard so I just hope that Ford judge it well for the 18. Sometimes a nice passive setup is just right :cool:

If I had the spare cash and didn't have to think twice about spending it, and I could have a Guards Grey one with all the options then I guess I would be placing an order :eek: but it would purely be for the excitement of spec'ing up and picking up a new car, rather than feeling hard done by in my 66 plate.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
You want the 18 until you get round to the front and things like digital dash, magneride and 10 speed auto have zero interest for me. May as well get an Audi if I wanted all that

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just can't handle how bad it looks so no matter how good else where won't be changing unless that wide body gt500 comes over here then its a whole different story

Sponsored

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I appreciate that there's been a fairly major revision to the engine/transmission too, but my current driving is pottering around town (ooooh lovely v8 even when changing up below 2.5K), usual longer trips to Edinburgh or Glasgow and the very occasional hoon.

Am I really going to notice the extra oomph? Not sure.

Do I want my current car to be any quicker? Immediate reaction is yes, of course I do, but you always get used to the power - and my current car isn't exactly slow.

I have a hard enough job at the moment managing the power with those P zero's :rant:

Current thoughts are in a few years I will look at an 18 (by then there might be a 500 BHP, 12 speed auto Mustang lol) but at the moment there's not enough to tempt me (even if I did want to waste some cash).

Totally understand the owners who've had their 15's for a few years looking at them though :amen:

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
I really don't think a digital dash belongs in a Mustang, I'd miss the smile I get every time I read my "ground speed".
I'm happy to keep mine for now, at least until the '20 model.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I have a hard enough job at the moment managing the power with those P zero's :rant:
Amen to that!

Some great roads just north of Glasgow, just got back from there

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Sadly too many flaws, I will wait until I see it in the flesh, I could not live with my MY17 long term, rubbish headlights, average build quality, poor cabin layout (RHD), poor Auto box and the size/practicality just did not work for me. Don't get me wrong I loved the look of the MY17, a stunning car, it just had too many flaws and I have absolutely no faith Ford will improve the areas that annoyed my on the MY18. MY17 worked for the summer as it was a great car for the money, but not a keeper, I hope the MY18 is better but happy to wait for the MY20, as I have already taken a hit (financially) on the MY17.... they have to compete with an F Type as that's where my heart is at the moment after I run a Golf R for a bit.....

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I will be skipping the 2018 and waiting for the 7g
^ This.

As much as I'd love one for it's performance, I know insurance is still going to be a killer for me to buy a v8 and have alongside the EB. However I really can't get over how it looks, I'm not it's biggest fan and I'm reserving proper criticism until I've seen it in person. But the only way I'd be inclined to buy one alongside the EB (note: not sell the EB) is If it looked and performed like a crazy. At the minute numbers seem to infer it performs like crazy.

I do have to say though, the engineering is a step in the right direction for the 7th generation. So that'll hopefully be the next play

Oh and not to mention I've got a house to buy :lol:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Agreed with the above. Mine is fine; looks great, does the job. The extra money, plus what I'd lose, isn't worth it for a dashboard I'd never change and a switchable exhaust I could just add to mine (which I've no interest in).

A heated steering wheel.. well, I use mine a lot, so I'd like that in the Mustang. Is it worth the thick end of ÂŁ10k to me? Hhhheeellll no.

I may change my mind when I see it for myself, but I will probably change the car for something entirely different anyway. I rarely go back and buy the same thing twice. Day to day it just won't be different enough.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
At the minute numbers seem to infer it performs like crazy.
Which is the same thing as when you hear "car guys" describe their car as being "a weapon" or "faster point-to-point than a Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche".

It's bobbins. The only place the new car will genuinely show it's performance is on the dragstrip as 1. the best mod you can make to a car is the driver, and 2. the new car has the same performance as an old one with a tune, both of which reeeeeeally can't be exploited on the road.

And Ford STILL haven't released the price yet...I don't know but I reckon if it was good news then Ford would've been shouting that price from the rooftops.

[MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] said Ford are claiming a BIG financial loss recently due to Brexit(!), so this delay is because they're trying to work out how much to price the export models at without people pissing themselves laughing saying "I can buy a brand new Porsche for that!".

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Nope.
It was always all about the Mustang for me - the car itself, not the performance, ride, or the way it looked particularly. Its a car i've always wanted to own and as the ducks were aligning and I was gearing up for a 197 I heard a right-hand drive was coming, so that was it. I could have had an Ecoboost though glad I didn't go down that road as I intend keeping it for the foreseeable future. I'll probably change it in time but equally likely to go backwards as forwards.
Sponsored