I think it's time for a new clutch, at 26k miles

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
yeah i thought that might be the case but they confirmed last tuesday everything was in. not sure what's the hold up now though.
Mechanic is probably searching for a You-tube video on how to disassemble and reassemble a manual transmission.

I hope they did loan you something to drive.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
aaaahhhhh
Agreed. I wish the car met the qualifications already. I kind of feel like it's going towards that route at this rate, but I know the law allows a million opportunities and situations to occur before being eligible.

Mechanic is probably searching for a You-tube video on how to disassemble and reassemble a manual transmission.

I hope they did loan you something to drive.
Got a POS Ford Fiesta. I hate to sound appreciative, but this car pisses me off every time I drive it. Just knowing my car is 20 minutes away sitting in the shop. Been it since the day I dropped off my car.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
aaaahhhhh
Not that easy. I will say this, read the statute and read it clearly. Depending on the state you may already have a case. If you do decide to go trough with it, start here. I filed my claim through the BBB after a couple of through Ford. I don have the care any more

Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
They decided to replace the whole transmission assembly so one will be here tomorrow

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
That's good news!

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's great news. Way better than somebody mucking around inside the trans not knowing what they're doing...

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That's good news!
That's great news. Way better than somebody mucking around inside the trans not knowing what they're doing...
Yup, agreed!! Really hope they can get it fixed and running today. Man would I be happy as hell. I'd probably get in the car and not stop driving until I end up at my family's house for thanksgiving tomorrow.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I read most of the posts and I am confused about one thing.

You seem to have an issue with this car for several months, correct? You are saying 5 warranty claims.

But forget that, you are also saying, your car has been at the shop for the last 4 weeks, correct?

Why are you wasting your time coming here, talking to the dealer, playing ball, if in fact you are serious about selling this car.

1. Tell the dealer you will get a lawyer and initiate a lemon law case. If they give in and initiate a buy back, great, if not, go to step 2
2. Contact your local Ford rep, do the same. Write bunch of emails and letters. If they give in, great, if not go to step 3.
3. Pay $500 for a lemon law attorney and have him send a letter

This is ridiculous. I cant go into specifics because I signed NDAs from BMW, but I did buy backs before for far far far far FAR less serious things, if I told you, you actually literally wouldn't believe me.

Oh and for the record, not a single Ford dealer in a 15 mile radius of my house (and I live in fairly nice upscale town in tri-state area) provides loaners. Yep, you heard it right. Doesn't matter if you have GT350 or GT350R, no loaners. So be grateful you at least have a loaner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I read most of the posts and I am confused about one thing.

You seem to have an issue with this car for several months, correct? You are saying 5 warranty claims.

But forget that, you are also saying, your car has been at the shop for the last 4 weeks, correct?

Why are you wasting your time coming here, talking to the dealer, playing ball, if in fact you are serious about selling this car.

1. Tell the dealer you will get a lawyer and initiate a lemon law case. If they give in and initiate a buy back, great, if not, go to step 2
2. Contact your local Ford rep, do the same. Write bunch of emails and letters. If they give in, great, if not go to step 3.
3. Pay $500 for a lemon law attorney and have him send a letter

This is ridiculous. I cant go into specifics because I signed NDAs from BMW, but I did buy backs before for far far far far FAR less serious things, if I told you, you actually literally wouldn't believe me.

Oh and for the record, not a single Ford dealer in a 15 mile radius of my house (and I live in fairly nice upscale town in tri-state area) provides loaners. Yep, you heard it right. Doesn't matter if you have GT350 or GT350R, no loaners. So be grateful you at least have a loaner.
Well I'm not actually "serious" about selling the car per se, it's just something I'd consider depending on the outcome of this situation. I've talked to Ford about buying the car back -- they won't. I've talked to a lawyer about possibly filing for a lemon (or whatever the correct way to say it is) -- nothing. The lawyer won't entertain this because he claims the car hasn't necessarily meet the criteria for a lemon law case just yet. I've had 5 warranty claims, but 2 were specifically transmission-related. According to the lemon law, I'd have to have brought the car back within a year or within its warranty period at least 4 times to attempt fixing the same issue.

I'm grateful I have a loaner, but I mean really though, lol. Good thing I didn't buy the most expensive vehicle from Ford. I'm sure people would think I'm crazy for spending 6 figures on a car and driving a Ford Fiesta when it has issues. I wish Ford could buy the car back already, but I doubt it until I have much more serious problems and many more trips back to the dealership.

Last edited:

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well I'm not actually "serious" about selling the car per se, it's just something I'd consider depending on the outcome of this situation. I've talked to Ford about buying the car back -- they won't. I've talked to a lawyer about possibly filing for a lemon (or whatever the correct way to say it is) -- nothing. The lawyer won't entertain this because he claims the car hasn't necessarily meet the criteria for a lemon law case just yet. I've had 5 warranty claims, but 2 were specifically transmission-related. According to the lemon law, I'd have to have brought the car back within a year or within its warranty period at least 4 times to attempt fixing the same issue.

I'm grateful I have a loaner, but I mean really though, lol. Good thing I didn't buy the most expensive vehicle from Ford. I'm sure people would think I'm crazy for spending 6 figures on a car and driving a Ford Fiesta when it has issues. I wish Ford could buy the car back already, but I doubt it until I have much more serious problems and many more trips back to the dealership.
In state of NJ, if a car has been out of commission for 20 consecutive days (and the 20 days include weekends) you are entitled to file for a lemon law. 20 days! I m sure LA is same as I know many other states have this 20-24 day rule. You are saying it has been 4 weeks. That's 28 days.

Regardless, you don't even need to wait 20 days for this. If I were you, I would start bluffing in day 15. You probably didn't find a good lawyer. Do you know Saul Goodman? Breaking Bad's Saul? Well not as bad as him, but you get the idea. All it takes is 1 letter. Someone high up in the corporate chain reading it. They wont even care as it costs them a lot more money to keep this going thinking you will continue sending letters, than to buy your car back. It costs them 3-4 times more (actual figures) to respond to your letter through their legal department (which they have to do) than it costs you.

You have to play ball my friend, whether its Ford, Chevy, BMW, or Porsche. Doesn't matter. Yes the experience is easier with Germans, but when you start sending letters and leaving voice mails or sending emails threatening to sue, they will listen. I see people complain in car forums all the time. They complain, they complain, and they complain. There are two kinds of people who complain, the one that knows how to play politics, and the one that doesn't.

You dont know much about the cars from a mechanical perspective (not saying this to insult you), so you dont understand what it means for them to get the car on a lift, get under it, remove the exhaust, remove the driver shaft, remove the starter motor, remove bunch of other stuff, drop the transmission, move it around, etc etc. This is very very invasive stuff as far as touching your car goes. If I went under your car with you with a flash light, I'd probably find dozens of scratches or marks they already left. That stuff makes me cringe. They changed my A/C compressor and I know exactly what they did and where they touched.

Dropping the transmission is probably the second most invasive thing you can do to a car next to engine replacement. Not trying to scare you but the thought of that car on a lift for 4 weeks with its guts removed isn't something I would take lightly.

Also when you talk to these people, you need to appear that you know your way around the car even if you are not so they dont fool you. If you start talking about starter motors, flywheels, differential, transmission fluid refill etc, they will get nervous as they will know that you will check their work.

You know what you should do? You should go to youtube now and search for S550 clutch/flywheel replacement videos. There is a few thats 30-40 min long. Watch it start to finish. Then you'll know what's involved. And remember those videos don't have the tremec transmission we do with the transmission cooler. Our cars have additional steps involved for topping off the fluid.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
In state of NJ, if a car has been out of commission for 20 consecutive days (and the 20 days include weekends) you are entitled to file for a lemon law. 20 days! I m sure LA is same as I know many other states have this 20-24 day rule. You are saying it has been 4 weeks. That's 28 days.

Regardless, you don't even need to wait 20 days for this. If I were you, I would start bluffing in day 15. You probably didn't find a good lawyer. Do you know Saul Goodman? Breaking Bad's Saul? Well not as bad as him, but you get the idea. All it takes is 1 letter. Someone high up in the corporate chain reading it. They wont even care as it costs them a lot more money to keep this going thinking you will continue sending letters, than to buy your car back. It costs them 3-4 times more (actual figures) to respond to your letter through their legal department (which they have to do) than it costs you.

You have to play ball my friend, whether its Ford, Chevy, BMW, or Porsche. Doesn't matter. Yes the experience is easier with Germans, but when you start sending letters and leaving voice mails or sending emails threatening to sue, they will listen. I see people complain in car forums all the time. They complain, they complain, and they complain. There are two kinds of people who complain, the one that knows how to play politics, and the one that doesn't.

You dont know much about the cars from a mechanical perspective (not saying this to insult you), so you dont understand what it means for them to get the car on a lift, get under it, remove the exhaust, remove the driver shaft, remove the starter motor, remove bunch of other stuff, drop the transmission, move it around, etc etc. This is very very invasive stuff as far as touching your car goes. If I went under your car with you with a flash light, I'd probably find dozens of scratches or marks they already left. That stuff makes me cringe. They changed my A/C compressor and I know exactly what they did and where they touched.

Dropping the transmission is probably the second most invasive thing you can do to a car next to engine replacement. Not trying to scare you but the thought of that car on a lift for 4 weeks with its guts removed isn't something I would take lightly.

Also when you talk to these people, you need to appear that you know your way around the car even if you are not so they dont fool you. If you start talking about starter motors, flywheels, differential, transmission fluid refill etc, they will get nervous as they will know that you will check their work.

You know what you should do? You should go to youtube now and search for S550 clutch/flywheel replacement videos. There is a few thats 30-40 min long. Watch it start to finish. Then you'll know what's involved. And remember those videos don't have the tremec transmission we do with the transmission cooler. Our cars have additional steps involved for topping off the fluid.
I wish it was 20 days here. This is what I've run across when doing my research awhile ago: https://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

According to the DMV's site, in Louisiana the car has to be out of service for at least 45 days. That's over twice the amount of days there, sadly.

I've been talking to Ford Customer Relations and my dealership since like the second week, asking about the ETA, alternative rental car options, potentially buying it back (based on repetitive problems, but not the same issue repetitively), etc.

You're definitely probably right on that though -- I might have just found a lazy lawyer that doesn't even want to give it a shot. The car has been pretty much sitting in the same spot, drivable (but barely) since I had it towed there. I went there to test drive the car twice -- once to give them a ride and see if the surging comes back (which it did), once to verify the surging was fixed once they tightened the clamp. So far it's still all in tack but the transmission is just taking ages to get there, despite being overnighted.

If they can't get it working Friday (transmission should hopefully be there considered they overnighted it Tuesday), I might just end up having to call more lawyers on Monday morning to get the ball rolling on that.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Damn, so the transmission still hasn't arrived even though it got overnighted Tuesday. The dealer believed they had fixed the "crazy vibrating" issue that resulted in me having to get the car towed on Oct 27th, so I asked if I could just drive it Thursday since it'd just be sitting in the shop anyway. Man, when I got about a mile away from home on Wednesday evening, that car did all kinds of weird shit. It actually almost got me into an accident.

I was able to finally make it home and tried to drive it back to Ford on today (Friday). Car broke down and wouldn't let me do anything -- couldn't get it into any gear, if I was able to it wouldn't catch, etc. After trying one or two more times, it just shut off and never was able to come back on. Waited 4 hours for the tow truck driver and finally dropped it off.

It was kind of a sucky experience but I'm not even aggravated by it, simply because I know once the transmission is replaced, I'll most likely be good to go and on my way. You can barely even push the car while it's in neutral because something in the transmission is locking things up. It's extremely tough and you hear something clanking inside the tranny when you try pushing it.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What did the dealership do, that they think they fixed it? Could you shift into 5th?
Sponsored