Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I would love the see how the digital cluster handles at night. I have the digital cockpit in my audi and while it's pretty cool with map view in the cluster and stuff like that, for night driving you just can't set it up dark enough for my taste. It is still bright in the lowest settings, so it's a bit of exhausting in the dark
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here's a video of the cluster at night: [ame]

Still seems a little bright but shouldn't be too bad with the black background of the gauges. I had no plans to do 401A on my order but all the hype of the gauges is making me second guess myself. Hoping to drive an 18 with them this week to see for myself.
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red

Of course the trade in offers are low at the dealer. They are in business to make money. Take a deep breath and understand those two years were the biggest hits for depreciation and now you want to buy the most desirable version weeks after a major refresh. I would suggest you step away from all the internet hype and think it through. First of all there will be some problems with the engine and transmission as both are basically new. I’m still not crazy about the plasma coating for one, but why be a test subject when you can wait a bit. Plus it is winter here so few are interested in buying used Mustangs now. I’d wait till the spring and you would at least know some of the problems with the refresh and hopefully resolved and get a better price on your current car. At least you can pick you moment to buy. When my last car crapped out on me I had like one day to buy my current ride. Anyway that is what I would do.
That's a really good advice :headbang: Yeah i am planning to wait until atleast March/April next year. The problem is i don't want to lose any more time because the future looks bleak with electric and driverless crap, i want to make the most of what I have and enjoy driving the V8 manuals while they still exist. The biggest mistake I ever made and still regret was going for the V6 a year ago even though I could afford the V8 back then, thinking the V6 would be sufficient for me. Now I realize it would have saved me a lot of money if I purchased the GT in the first place.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That's a really good advice :headbang: Yeah i am planning to wait until atleast March/April next year. The problem is i don't want to lose any more time because the future looks bleak with electric and driverless crap, i want to make the most of what I have and enjoy driving the V8 manuals while they still exist. The biggest mistake I ever made and still regret was going for the V6 a year ago even though I could afford the V8 back then, thinking the V6 would be sufficient for me. Now I realize it would have saved me a lot of money if I purchased the GT in the first place.

Yup, unless your old like me (approaching 60) and been there and done that with Mustangs literally for decades, I would recommend you go V8 like I did in my salad days. The insurance is almost the same (if you are clean and not too young) and if you have a job you manage with the extra gas consumption and frankly I never thought about it. Just buy new. I completely totaled my first 5.0 and they rebuilt it and sold it used to an unsuspecting buyer who got the truth by phoning me up. That is when I made it a rule to always buy new performance/sports cars.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If anyone test drives an 18 with the digital dash could you please check if you can switch the speedometer to metric? Thanks.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
BTW: Guys in the Toronto GTA area, I just checked out a 2018 GT in magnetic with blacked out trim, automatic with digital dash. One of the few in Canada so if anyone is interested let me know. I took some photos but won’t upload them unless someone is really interested.

Having said that. Giving advice to get a V8 was tempered when I saw the price tag of almost 56,500.00! In contrast my V6 stickered at 30,000.00 almost half the price! Go ten grand more and you can buy a Corvette.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
60-130mph in 10s flat for a Lund tuned A10 GT seems mighty fast and 60-100mph is a hairs whisker over 4s flat.

That puts a tuned A10 GT at under 8s 0-100mph with Lund tune, damn these cars are really quick.

For the video see Lund's facebook page.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
:amen:
The ones in Canada will certainly be metric!
Obviously :)

The 15-17 cars already have a miles/kms switch in the settings menu, but it obviously only affects the digital readouts like fuel consumption. I just wonder if the digital gauges will fully switch to metric (or the other way around on Canadian cars). I would make perfect sense if they do, just want to know for sure.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Royal crimson - saw this today. Looks impressive in the sun. The red really pops out.
To me that color would look GREAT with a set of chrome 18 or 19in FR500 wheels.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
:ford:
Obviously :)

The 15-17 cars already have a miles/kms switch in the settings menu, but it obviously only affects the digital readouts like fuel consumption. I just wonder if the digital gauges will fully switch to metric (or the other way around on Canadian cars). I would make perfect sense if they do, just want to know for sure.
Well from the photo you posted earlier it just registered mph but on the real dials it is a combination. Starting at about page 81 of the 2018 Mustang owners manual they do mention some values in imperial and metric in brackets. So it has to be switchable. So obvious that they don’t even mention it but the usual general setting folder is included with the instrument cluster so I would bet it is switchable on the fly at any time. But yes they don’t specifically say so.

I can’t for the life of me see them making a separate digital cluster for mph and kmh as it’s digital and as that would make Ford the laughing stock of the industry. There is always that.:ford:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If anyone test drives an 18 with the digital dash could you please check if you can switch the speedometer to metric? Thanks.
Owners manual says you can select either in the settings.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Owners manual says you can select either in the settings.
You are such a party pooper!

You have sharper eyes than me. But it would have been EPIC if Ford’s sportscar of the world didn’t register in kph! In other news, I noticed in the manual they switched to the thinner fob that integrates the key ring with the manual key so you can open the door easier when the battery fails. I wonder if we pre-refresh guys can substitute to the better fob or not?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
60-130mph in 10s flat for a Lund tuned A10 GT seems mighty fast and 60-100mph is a hairs whisker over 4s flat.

That puts a tuned A10 GT at under 8s 0-100mph with Lund tune, damn these cars are really quick.

For the video see Lund's facebook page.
That's insane but awesome. Hell, thats nearly gonna give my car a run for its money. Next few months is going to reveal a lot.
Sponsored