Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well thats disappointing. Wish the had the PP2 for the Eco. Love the wheels and those tires will be way better. Wish i had the funds for a loaded GT. Can you put lowering springs on a Magnaride care? Not quite sure how that works.
PP2 does have the best wheel design ever put on an OEM S550, that's for sure. I honestly have no clue about lowering springs on the OEM magneride. I would guess it could present some issues with all of the electronics and programming involved in how they calibrated the struts, but some of the GT350 owners can probably chime in on that one.
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Get the most 5.0 you can get. I rather have a base GT than a loaded ecoboost.
While that advice certainly wouldn't apply to everyone, it make a lot of sense to most.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Get the most 5.0 you can get. I rather have a base GT than a loaded ecoboost.
Old eco, for sure. New eco combined with PP and magneride is probably a lot more nimble on the track than a GT. Still not going to be as fast but it's the same logic people use when the say the Miata is the greatest driver's car ever produced, it's nimble.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
While that advice certainly wouldn't apply to everyone, it make a lot of sense to most.
For me there are a lot of 18 items I would like to have digital dash, upgraded interior, heated steering wheel, etc so a Premium with the A package is a must. The car is going to be my daily driver. Flat out speed is not my top requirement. I currently have a 15 Eco Premium and for the most part have really enjoyed the car. Adding all the 18 goodies plus the PP and Magnaride would most likely make for a great driving experience. The only hesitation I have is, my current car had a blown engine. So I dont know if I want that hanging over my head again. The V8 seems to be much more bullet proof. Its just to get the car to the same level as an Eco cost a lot $$$$ understandably. I may hold out until late 18 and hope Ford has some killer incentives.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Magnetic is probably one of the best colors to show the S550's sculpting. And they both look great, but you can definitely tell that the 2018 is truly the most modern design. The headlights/hood and lowered front have the most to do with that IMO.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
The only thing I dislike about the ‘18 front end compared to the pre-facelift is how the grille does t appear to be as recessed, or pushed inward as the ‘15-17 GTs.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
2018 sure does look leaner and meaner! Looks less like a Fusion.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
2018 sure does look leaner and meaner! Looks less like a Fusion.
Don't they that too early, the new focus clearly uses the same "hood lines that go through the grille" and the wide lower grille with tribar-edges design of the Mustang facelift :ninja:
Ford-Focus-2017-Erlkoenig-1200x800-4119c717cdd60821.jpg

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
2018 definitely looks more modern/sleek. But the 15-17 is more handsome.

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I have to say, seeing the side by sides is the first time I really like the 18 better. The 15-17 grilles look HUGE in comparison. I still dont really like the angle of the bottom fins and the direction they face, but the grilles and the hood line do actually look a lot better.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So, the “My Color” & Ambient lighting feature is no longer available with Option Group 200A or on a Premium with a Performance Package?

I was trying to build one and do not see it listed anywhere unless one chooses the 201A package for another $2200...

Anyone?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Great stuff, when that becomes Ford's front next year the older cars will look vintage. :headbang:
I don't know, to me the new corporate design looks way too much asian like what Toyota, Hyundai and Kia are doing :tsk:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think I finally figured out what it is that has me not being too fond of the 2018 front end. It's the grille. I never liked the GT grille in the 2015 either but in the 2018 the design has slipped even further. The angles of the fangs just don't work and the gloss black finish also looks very out of place. Swapping in an EcoBoost grille (which for me would already do the trick on a 2015) ain't working either because that also has lost a lot of its design details and now has two very visible slabs of black plastic left and right right behind the honey combs.

I shopped in a Roush grille last night without adding all the other Roush front end platic crap and now all of a sudden the car looks a whole lot better to me. Remarkable that one single part can make such a big difference.
nopony2roush.jpg

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Front on the 15 looks more muscle where the 18 just looks dropey, although the 18 looks slightly better side on
Sponsored