Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Ordering has been pushed back from 7/17 to 7/24 now...could be pushed again...

j6mlgo.png
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Likely pushing it back to get current inventories down more. I don't think this will effect the production date. Also I stated about 2000 posts ago that the hp numbers will be released in august just like when the s550 numbers were first released. I still stand by that. I'm betting I on them to be released in the second week, but that is just my speculation

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Likely pushing it back to get current inventories down more. I don't think this will effect the production date. Also I stated about 2000 posts ago that the hp numbers will be released in august just like when the s550 numbers were first released. I still stand by that. I'm betting I on them to be released in the second week, but that is just my speculation
What did you predict the hp will be?

If your numbers release date ends up being true, how cool if you got the actual power right too

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the 05' was the worst Mustang to date. I still think it's horrible up until 2010 then it got better looking.
It looked good when it first came out, but man it has not aged well. My opinion, of course.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Essex employee on another forum I frequent says they are having QC issues with the new 5.0, hence why no new numbers yet. Take that for what it's worth, could be just mumbo jumbo

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
What did you predict the hp will be?

If your numbers release date ends up being true, how cool if you got the actual power right too
I have no clue, I am hoping for 475 hp and 440 tq but I doubt it. I think the Mustang needs that to be more competitive. There are so many suv's and large sedans that can beat or come close to beating the 5.0 these days Ford really needs to address the performance of the Mustang GT. There is no reason that a stock GT should not run deep 12's and a 3.9 sec 60 time. I don't want to see ford wait until the s650 because then they are playing catchup instead of leading the way.

I just hope they don't invest in a newly designed engine only to divy out 20 hp every 3 years, give us it all now.

The biggest concern I have is the gt350, ford can not canibalize that, so of the 18 gt350 doesn't get an hp or tq bump then it's not likely to see a good one for the gt.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Essex employee on another forum I frequent says they are having QC issues with the new 5.0, hence why no new numbers yet. Take that for what it's worth, could be just mumbo jumbo
Just what they need sounds like 2011 all over again lol.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Even though it's just the Order Guide Companion and seeing some of the colors is helpful, the content is piss poor even by Ford standards.

The lack of just about any information makes me suspect a not-very-timely launch, which probably won't hurt in terms of giving 2017 stocks chance to dwindle.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
hmmm almost mid-July and the order banks will be open in a few weeks !!

STATS STATS STATS STATS !!!!

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Oh, I'm not working on just these images but a nice little tool for all of you. You can get your own hands on designing your 2018 soon ;)
:cheers:

Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
hmmm almost mid-July and the order banks will be open in a few weeks !!

STATS STATS STATS STATS !!!!
I'm all for FMC & FRAP maybe taking a few extra weeks to ensure all's good rather than rushing a refresh onto dealer lots with stop sale orders that make them undeliverable anyway.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford holding out information ...

Even though it's just the Order Guide Companion and seeing some of the colors is helpful, the content is piss poor even by Ford standards.

The lack of just about any information makes me suspect a not-very-timely launch, which probably won't hurt in terms of giving 2017 stocks chance to dwindle.
The dealer lots are still stocked with inventory so they need to move it quick.
Once the new 5.0 coyote info is released many early adopters will want to jump
in and place their orders on the 2018. I got tired of waiting and honestly did not
want to go thru any possible first year issues with a new engine & tranny. Like
I said many times before - not a fan of the front fascia but the aftermarket will take care of that. Everything else offered on the 2018 sounds great but you have to factor in the cost. I am still interested in what the HP / TQ numbers will be. Then of course its out to the track and let the reviews come in before passing judgement. ;)

:ford:

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Order Update

Take with a grain of salt, but Ford through chat is throwing around some estimates on ordering and delivery.

35717642791_9bf1e0098f_k.jpg

Order Banks in mid August

Arrives at dealers mid November

Website will update to 2018 build in October

Last edited:

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The dealer lots are still stocked with inventory so they need to move it quick.
Once the new 5.0 coyote info is released many early adopters will want to jump
in and place their orders on the 2018. I got tired of waiting and honestly did not
want to go thru any possible first year issues with a new engine & tranny. Like
I said many times before - not a fan of the front fascia but the aftermarket will take care of that. Everything else offered on the 2018 sounds great but you have to factor in the cost. I am still interested in what the HP / TQ numbers will be. Then of course its out to the track and let the reviews come in before passing judgement. ;)

:ford:
Dealers only can sell what they have as quickly as consumers will buy them which is no mean feat. With 2018 improvements already publicized dealers selling through existing stocks is a product of time or how much Ford is willing to pay consumers to buy them.

Given that incentivizing each old unit easily can cost Ford more than it may earn selling a new one and the host of further collateral damage every additional incentive dollar incurs, Ford gladly would slow roll the 2018's launch to whatever extent manufacturing practicalities allow.

Ford can't stall forever, but far more winners than losers would result from not launching 2018s a second sooner than absolutely necessary.

Take with a grain of salt, but Ford through chat is throwing around some estimates on ordering and delivery. https://flic.kr/p/WqffPr

Order Banks in mid August

Arrives at dealers mid November

Website will update to 2018 build in October
Some of those dates would be WAY out of sequence.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I have no clue, I am hoping for 475 hp and 440 tq but I doubt it. I think the Mustang needs that to be more competitive. There are so many suv's and large sedans that can beat or come close to beating the 5.0 these days Ford really needs to address the performance of the Mustang GT. There is no reason that a stock GT should not run deep 12's and a 3.9 sec 60 time. I don't want to see ford wait until the s650 because then they are playing catchup instead of leading the way.

I just hope they don't invest in a newly designed engine only to divy out 20 hp every 3 years, give us it all now.

The biggest concern I have is the gt350, ford can not canibalize that, so of the 18 gt350 doesn't get an hp or tq bump then it's not likely to see a good one for the gt.

350 engine is being Re-Designed. Probably to match the 5.0 Re-Design as they did with the did with the 2015s.
Sponsored