Sponsored

Need some Black Friday suspension advice...

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
First off, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Right now I have Eibach Pro-Kits with the stock PP shocks/struts. I'm looking to buy the Steeda Pro Action adjustables with the billet shock mounts. The price for that is $815.92.

However, if I get the handling package, it comes with the adjustables but the sport springs are included. With the shock mounts, the total is $879.92.

So my question is, for an extra $60, is it worth it to swap my pro-kits for sport springs, and go all Steeda? Has anyone had experience comparing the two?

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Anybody?

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I don't have experience on exactly what you're asking but FWIW, you have to figure that Steeda has made their stuff so it works together, so I would expect that using Steeda springs and shocks that were meant to be use as a unit is going to be the best bet.

But in support of that concept, I've seen posts on here where people have advised against mixing aftermarket parts with OEM Ford parts like you currently have as they don't get along well. So one would expect the same to be true of mixing aftermarket parts from different companies?

My .02, and worth exactly that.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I don't have experience on exactly what you're asking but FWIW, you have to figure that Steeda has made their stuff so it works together, so I would expect that using Steeda springs and shocks that were meant to be use as a unit is going to be the best bet.

But in support of that concept, I've seen posts on here where people have advised against mixing aftermarket parts with OEM Ford parts like you currently have as they don't get along well. So one would expect the same to be true of mixing aftermarket parts from different companies?

My .02, and worth exactly that.
Plenty of people run springs on OEM struts/mounts with no problems.

OP, if you like the current springs, you'll most likely be fine on whatever aftermarket setup you want, IMO - I don't see how something like a spring could not work with a different brands struts. A spring is a spring, and a strut is a strut.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of people run springs on OEM struts/mounts with no problems.

OP, if you like the current springs, you'll most likely be fine on whatever aftermarket setup you want, IMO - I don't see how something like a spring could not work with a different brands struts. A spring is a spring, and a strut is a strut.
Well thats terrible advice. Springs and struts do need to be compatible pairs. Springs come in wildly different spring rates and drops, and the shocks need to be matched to the spring rates or else the car will ride stiff and harsh or bouncy and underdampened. You can certainly mix and match brands, but one shouldnt just grab any old shock off the shelf and expect it to work well with any old spring.

The OP is on the right track looking at the Steeda adjustables to help control his lowering springs. Personally, I'd go ahead and grab the Steeda Sport Linear springs, people seem to like them more than the Eibacks and they're linear which may help the handling.
Sponsored