Sponsored

Whistle from air filter

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hey guys - heard a whistle when revving in neutral and comes from the air intake. Though I might as well install a new air filter (FP/Airaid). The whistle while revving is still there. Not sure whether this is meant to be, although I cannot imagine that it can do real harm unless there is a leak somewhere.

Thanks!
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
A whistle probably does indicate a leak. I would keep trying to locate it. Possibly a little silicon grease (or dialectric grease) on the rubber seal to the intake tube might be needed. But if you changed the filter it would be sort of unlikely that it would still be leaking from the air filter seal. Possibly one of the sensors on the intake is loose or not sealed well.

OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Ye - I installed a new FP Airaid filter, seated well - sounds like sucking in air real fast but comes with a squeal/whistle sound..I thought it may be by design because of open air intake system?

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can you hear the noise while driving with the hood being closed or you are standing near the filter with hood open? Some noise is normal with these types of intakes. This is a pretty aggressive intake.
Sponsored