Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Got an update on Cotus today, must be moving right along with the 18 builds. Ordered mine on 08/29, called they said was scheduled to be built on 11/07, this week went into production early 10/22, now updated with a delivery date of 12/04. Super excited!!!! 39 DAYS UNTIL DELIVERY!!!!
mine is being built this week too. cotus isnt giving me an eta though
Sponsored

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Hey guys... Quick question to you who have expierecne using COTUS.

On September 25th I placed my order on a GT350 through the dealership. On October 11th, I emailed the dealer on if he happened to have the order number so that I could track its process...

His response was: " I can’t get you a order number or vin yet as it has not been scheduled. It’s looking like end of December or beginning January. I will let you know once I get confirmation."

How long does it typically take for an Order Number to be generated? Is it not until it has been accepted by Ford possibly? Just confused as to why I wouldn't have my order number yet, or why such long delay...

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
I just placed an order for an '18 350 today. My dealer was loading into the order bank. Are '18s in production yet ? I've seen them advertised on Cars.com but no pix so I am wondering if their respective cars are still on their way.

Can't wait until I get it. Now I need to cut loose my '13 GT500. Sad to see that beast go. Loved the car but it is time for something new

Jack

hr884

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just placed an order for an '18 350 today. My dealer was loading into the order bank. Are '18s in production yet ? I've seen them advertised on Cars.com but no pix so I am wondering if their respective cars are still on their way.

Can't wait until I get it. Now I need to cut loose my '13 GT500. Sad to see that beast go. Loved the car but it is time for something new

Jack
Congrats on your order.
I believe '18 production began on 10/2 and I am aware of a few '18 Rs that have been built, so I'm sure other gt350s have as well.

Sponsored

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

Jack
Congrats!! I traded my 2014 GT500 for my 350R

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Jack
Yep. They are out there. I checked a few VIN numbers and they have shipped. My dealer originally told me they hadn't started to build them until I showed them they had shipped. I only looked at about 6-8 of them but none of the ones I saw that shipped had the convenience package. Not sure if its still an issue or not. I've been waiting for mine to be built for over a year and a half. Dealer told me only the high volume dealers got them in the first round in 18. I only know what they told me. Hope to get mine started in December.

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
Wow. A year and a half? I ordered mine from a multi location dealer, pretty large. when I ordered my Gt500 from them it took 6 months. I am hoping it will be about the same length of time. Now to selling the '13 GT500. Gonna miss that endless power

hr884

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks HR884. Much appreciated.

I ordered a lightning blue also, stripe delete
No problem! Lightning Blue is a great color, and stripe delete? I had my stripes off for PPF and it looked so good, I almost didn't put them back on.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Hey guys.. Just wanted to update some of you that may be in the same spot as me...

I put my order in September 25th for 2018 GT350 here in Florida. Just called dealership, and the primary status of my vehicle is : "On order- processing" with a secondary status of " "unscheduled- material hold"

My dealer said that they are expected to start with the building by first quarter of 2019 due to the material hold placed.

Reading above, it sounds some others have been built already... maybe the order date was well before me and were able to get some production going ahead of time, but that what I have been told by my dealer if it sheds any light on anyone else situation..

Sponsored

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
Amac,

My dealer told me that he expected my 18 GT350 will be built in january or February production run. Didn't say anything about any material hold but I understand the produce 350's in batches so our cars may be in batch.. hope its January !!!

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
The hold means somebody found something wrong and there fixing it. My F350 went through two holds one for brakes another for torque converter. Put it back 3 months.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Amac,

My dealer told me that he expected my 18 GT350 will be built in january or February production run. Didn't say anything about any material hold but I understand the produce 350's in batches so our cars may be in batch.. hope its January !!!
Awesome! May be getting built at same time... when did you put your order in?

The hold means somebody found something wrong and there fixing it. My F350 went through two holds one for brakes another for torque converter. Put it back 3 months.
I honestly don’t think they even started it at all. I never got a VIN number or anything , and the paperwork my dealer sent me just says it’s still in process. I’ve been trying to track it via COTUS with my order number and nothing ever came up which sparked me to contact my dealer. I could see if the gold cane during the build out of nowhere, but I really don’t even think they’ve started , unfortunately

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
My order was placed on 10/30 or 10/31. I bought quite a few cars from this dealer and salesperson so I trust what he is telling me. He has bee pretty honest with me in the past.

I keep checking Cotus also and nothing is showing up. I am tending to think our orders won't get uploaded to Cotus until they are ready to assign a VIN and put the assembly in motion. The quickest I've seen anyone going from ordering to showing up on Cotus was 14-17 days. But the average seems more like a month or more...this waiting sucks but I wouldn't be driving it all winter snyway so taking delivery in the early spring may be the ticket

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
My order was placed on 10/30 or 10/31. I bought quite a few cars from this dealer and salesperson so I trust what he is telling me. He has bee pretty honest with me in the past.

I keep checking Cotus also and nothing is showing up. I am tending to think our orders won't get uploaded to Cotus until they are ready to assign a VIN and put the assembly in motion. The quickest I've seen anyone going from ordering to showing up on Cotus was 14-17 days. But the average seems more like a month or more...this waiting sucks but I wouldn't be driving it all winter snyway so taking delivery in the early spring may be the ticket
AHH nice. Sounds like our should be around the same production time. I agree, waiting sucks, but it’s best for me too as I just finished grad school and have some time to save some money before starting car payments! Hahah.

I will keep you posted on anything I hear from now
Sponsored