Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro was already fast with or without an automatic, so any changes a 10 speed could do were gonna be minimal.
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
The Camaro was already fast with or without an automatic, so any changes a 10 speed could do were gonna be minimal.

I don't think switching to a 10 speed from the current 8 speed will make that much of a difference, I could be wrong. A jump from the Mustangs A6 to the A10 could be a nice jump. Look at what happened when Dodge switched from the archaic A5 to the A8.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What is going to hurt is, prob going to have some added weight with the added options and suspension changes,also that 15 HP bump isn't going to off set the added weight, also that 10 speed tranny has to add even more weight,from the looks of things GM might just still be on top for 2018 models.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It's all about marketing, people prefer the number 10 more than the number 6 or 8, so when they bring out the 15 speed some will be even happier. Im happy with a six speed stick shift.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
It's all about marketing, people prefer the number 10 more than the number 6 or 8, so when they bring out the 15 speed some will be even happier. Im happy with a six speed stick shift.
This. Lets make it a 7 speed manual with 28 mpg highway for the gt and 19 gallons of fuel tank! Going 75 mph but barely running 1500 rpm must be nice.

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
This. Lets make it a 7 speed manual with 28 mpg highway for the gt and 19 gallons of fuel tank! Going 75 mph but barely running 1500 rpm must be nice.
Porches 911 and Corvette already come with a 7 speed manual.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Come on Ford. Let the configurator begin! It is the 25th!! I'm so impatient!

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good things come to those that wait.....& its worth it. For those ordering the new car , it is the start of a very long wait indeed. :headbang:
I'm custom ordering my car next Tuesday! I'm very excited. I know it'll be a long wait but it'll go by fast :D.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I'm custom ordering my car next Tuesday! I'm very excited. I know it'll be a long wait but it'll go by fast :D.
It does go by fast . Spoke to my dealership couple of weeks back. I might wait till October/November for a possible order . Want to see some independent testing results first:headbang:

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also will be but not next week. It does go by fast . Spoke to my dealership couple of weeks back. I might wait till October/November for my order . :headbang:
Luckily, where I live we have a mild winter. I drove my 2013 till January then it snowed stayed on the ground for a day or two then I drove it again. And once it snowed and by the end of the day it was gone. So I drive my car mostly year around. Except when it snows of course cause thankfully my dad has an SUV. And my parents are from Ohio so they drive me around in the snow lol

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Funny how people have been dissing automatics and adressing their manuals as 5-speed or 6-speed for centuries and now all of a sudden they're calling the automatic the 10-speed.
Sponsored