OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If it would have said If you have a premium with MFT and nav and HD and and H/C seats and want to switch you need x....x....x....x... and the part numbers are here on this single list
I don't think you read very much of this thread... You would see I'm not sarcastic internet guy. I always ask people that don't understand "why?" in an attempt to fix the issue with the OP.

I answered your question, but you seem stuck on part numbers. Ford Electronics don't really have part numbers, you can't just walk into a dealer and ask for them by part number. You'll need the VIN (to satisfy the Ford ordering process) and you'll pay out the ass for new or reman electronics (and that's BEFORE the core charge). They have engineering numbers. What you need to do is start searching for the Sync 3 APIM/Touchscreen. Once you have that AND the VIN you can order the rest of the parts I posted.
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you read very much of this thread... You would see I'm not sarcastic internet guy. I always ask people that don't understand "why?" in an attempt to fix the issue with the OP.

I answered your question, but you seem stuck on part numbers. Ford Electronics don't really have part numbers, you can't just walk into a dealer and ask for them by part number. You'll need the VIN (to satisfy the Ford ordering process) and you'll pay out the ass for new or reman electronics (and that's BEFORE the core charge). They have engineering numbers. What you need to do is start searching for the Sync 3 APIM/Touchscreen. Once you have that AND the VIN you can order the rest of the parts I posted.
Yea not into the idea of ordering from Ford, you are right and they do think everything they sell is made of gold. I have been reading which is what it was that got me all confused. Information overload I think would be a good way to put it. I am usually able to figure things out but this subject has me dumbfounded for some reason. I feel like I am trying to do Trigonometry for the first time again, except this time I dont know how to even add. :frusty::headbonk:

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Ok guys.... You people are making this WAYYYYYY harder than it needs to be. READ HIS THREAD!!!!!!! It explains everything needed..... Its not hard to do once you start. I did the swap and only had one issue and it was on my end....

Anyone that has questions feel free to message me as i can answer the questions too.... Hextall is VERY busy and i have more free time.

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm going to have to tackle this myself.

Sponsored

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Well it seems like I don't have the screws that fix the apim to the screen, as well as the screws that fix the side bracket to the screen. Could anyone tell me what size they are?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Well it seems like I don't have the screws that fix the apim to the screen, as well as the screws that fix the side bracket to the screen. Could anyone tell me what size they are?
I can check mine and tell you tomorrow

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Finally completed the upgrade to Sync 3 in my base V6. I went with Non-nav and Sirius XM+HD Radio setup. Everything works great except i have to change some values in FORScan. Don't have the OBD Link tool yet so need to order one.

HUGE HUGE Thanks to the OP [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION]. This guy is amazing. Thank you so much for being patient and answering all my questions. He will be willing to do anything for you and go the extra mile. It's hard to find such people nowadays. :clap2::clap2: Also thanks to [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] [MENTION=21358]stang1971[/MENTION] [MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] who answered my questions.

I will write a detailed write up with some tips and where I was stuck. Here are some pics and my parts list.
Sync 3 swap.jpg
20170722_153700.jpg
20170722_175705.jpg

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but I didn't have the correct screwdrivers to measure the size. I have pics and not sure if they will help.
20170722_093448.jpg
20170722_093459.jpg

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Excellent job Krishna, once you program your ABD I'm sure you'll love it. [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION], saw your reply in the As built thread, I think what we need is an ABD repository. Just like users of HP Tuners can access calibrations we can set up something for users with specific builds.

Sponsored

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Sorry but I didn't have the correct screwdrivers to measure the size. I have pics and not sure if they will help.
Thanks krishelnino! Any chance you can unscrew the screws for the apim? Is it M4 also?:cheers:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Nice job! It looks good! I got a $24 ELM327 tool off eBay to use Forscan, it works well.

When checking out pics of the 2018 interior, I noticed a premium bezel without heated/cooled seats paired with cloth seats. This leads me to believe there will be an option to get SYNC3 without having to get the premium package for 2018. This would explain the huge backorder for the bezel, since they may be on high demand from Ford right now. If that is the case, then finding a bezel without heated seats may soon be a lot easier from wrecked Mustangs.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
How do we get Sirius subscription activated? If the VIN has to be provided, should I give my current vehicle's VIN or the VIN from which APIM/ACM was taken?

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
How do we get Sirius subscription activated? If the VIN has to be provided, should I give my current vehicle's VIN or the VIN from which APIM/ACM was taken?
No VIN needed, just read the ESN from the radio, that's what they need. Tune it to channel 0 or 1 (never can remember) and your screen will show you the Sirius info.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
No VIN needed, just read the ESN from the radio, that's what they need. Tune it to channel 0 or 1 (never can remember) and your screen will show you the Sirius info.
Awesome, thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.