Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Haha I go in the summer as well. But I get BAH + Stipend for 2-3 months starting in august :thumbsup:. IC was bumped up a day and I should have it tomorrow!
be on the look out for a giant ford racing box lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
They aren't cheap (it was anti-gravity, not air weight, by bad): https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/oem-size/ytx12-24/

But if you really want to go faster without sacrificing reliability, weight reduction is the way to go past a certain point. Quite a few people do exhaust anyway just for the sound, so there's 20lbs right there, combine that with 25lbs savings from a battery, your at 45lbs right there without having to remove seats etc. and sacrifice usability.

A base model weighs 3532 lbs, a 45 lb diet puts it at 3487 lb, but with the mods my EB has a net gain of 28 lbs, so 3515 lbs for mine specifically (sans driver) when I eventually replace the battery. Right now I'm at 3543, just 11 lbs over starting weight but well worth it (most of that weight is from the inter cooler and the FP Cowel Brace / Strut Tower brace).

Lightweight wheels are another option. Forged are pretty pricey but you can get Flow Formed wheels which are similar in strength and weight for quite a bit less. I bought a set of RTR Tech 7's in 19" size for spring / summer / fall and I use the OE 18" wheels with snow tires for the snowy months.

Doesn't mean you have to ditch your current battery right away either and waste the money, use it til it needs replaced then buy one of the anti-gravity battery's. But the combination of the exhaust weight reduction and battery weight I"ll bet will net you a 10th or close to it on the quarter. These turbo 4's really seem to respond well to weight reduction.

Livernois ran a 12.1 vs. their previous 12.67 by just using light weight DR wheels (17's vs 20's), removing the cat back exhaust (for weight) and removing the passenger seat. No changes to their tune from when they first ran it. That bought them over 1/2 a second. That's all weight as their 12.67 was run with DR's as well, just heavier ones they had on hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, for anyone with the DV+ here is something I found on their site with actual testing they did to prove the concept (data is always the best as opposed to here say ot "seat of the pants"): http://www.gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/13-turbo-lag-and-the-turbo-management-systems-solution

It's not a power adder, but it can give you more area under the curve by pushing the boost curve back further during back-on throttle = faster times. The sooner the engine is making power, the faster you'll get up to speed! Obviously this will only have an impact immediately after a shift, if your holding in a particular gear, say 3800 RPM as your rounding a corner and then step on it there's not going to be any advantage, but between shifts on a drag strip or auto cross, or when going to the next gear there is an advantage beyond just tolerating higher boost pressures.

Last edited:

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
be on the look out for a giant ford racing box lol
Haha. So apparently my intercooler is going to sit at their warehouse for a bit :(. It showed that it arrived here last night at 6pm, and then it showed back in transit and they pushed it out. When I called them, they said yup it's sitting in one of the many trailers they won't be touching because they are understaffed -.-

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha. So apparently my intercooler is going to sit at their warehouse for a bit :(. It showed that it arrived here last night at 6pm, and then it showed back in transit and they pushed it out. When I called them, they said yup it's sitting in one of the many trailers they won't be touching because they are understaffed -.-
At least you have an excuse lol. Mine is sitting on my garage bench waiting to be put in but I can't touch it until I get my current setup dyned for comparison...it's killin' me smalls!

Although the difference won't be night and day as with an after market upgrade compared to stock, I'm hoping the top end will be even stronger or a small lift in the power band due to slightly lower pressure drop / better cooling over the Levels.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
BTW, for anyone with the DV+ here is something I found on their site with actual testing they did to prove the concept (data is always the best as opposed to here say ot "seat of the pants"): http://www.gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/13-turbo-lag-and-the-turbo-management-systems-solution

It's not a power adder, but it can give you more area under the curve by pushing the boost curve back further during back-on throttle = faster times. The sooner the engine is making power, the faster you'll get up to speed! Obviously this will only have an impact immediately after a shift, if your holding in a particular gear, say 3800 RPM as your rounding a corner and then step on it there's not going to be any advantage, but between shifts on a drag strip or auto cross, or when going to the next gear there is an advantage beyond just tolerating higher boost pressures.
Does that DV+ work directly with the ford tune?

In way of update, my tune has the car running incredibly strong. 100% worth it.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's been a while since I've been here. Has anyone done a dyno test yet? Results?
S.

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
What are some noticeable mods to do on the Ecoboost with a FRPP tune? I already have a FMIC. I know upgrading the downpipe is good for our cars, but I don't think we can upgrade it if we have a FRPP tune.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You have the main components covered. Move to mods that improve the driving feel now, suspension, shifter, etc.

Sponsored

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
All of this talk of weight reduction makes me wish we had a thread where people could post the weights of the stock parts compared to aftermarket offerings haha.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Awesome, thanks! I looked through all of but it looks like everything weighed out is for the GT's. I can't imagine the stock ecoboost catback weighs the same as the stock GT's. Same thing for the stock ecoboost driveshaft vs the stock GT driveshaft.
Someone noted on Mustang Ecoboost forum that VMP weighed the EB exhaust in at 50 pounds. Can't find any note on the VMP build of this though.

The stock DS is probably close to 30. Can't imagine it being much less.

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
You have the main components covered. Move to mods that improve the driving feel now, suspension, shifter, etc.
Yeah, I've lowered my car on steeda progressive springs.
I was thinking of getting the following mods: GFB DV+ BPV, Turbo Smart BOV, UPR Catch Can (not sure if this will work with FRPP gt350 intake?), and 6 or 4 piston brakes in the front.

I have a 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium without the performance pack so I have 2 piston brakes in the front.
Sponsored