Sponsored

Ford GT350/R First Rides/Reviews Thread(Updated First Drive Reviews on P.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fuck. i am so in love with this car. if i could swing it i would own one in a heartbeat.
funny story, my dad flew into town and i let him drive me 2015 GT. he was conservative and didnt even get on it. probably because its not his car. i wanted him to floor it though. after we got home he goes on to tell me that he loves the car and he wants to look into purchasing one. i made the mistake of showing him the gt350 and this website. so now i get a text a few days ago saying he is going to get a gt350. FML. good for you dad. im jealous so if you're lurking here and happen to see this you better be buying one and let me take her for a spin.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The article says at one point they hit 140mph.
On that tight track, impressive.
Indeed, this is one of the best vids yet because you can hear it at WOT while the engine is fully loaded. The last 20 seconds or so when the car gets onto the straight :eyebulge::eyebulge:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Jalopnik's first ride (with video): http://jalopnik.com/i-just-spent-a-...7553?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews.

"I just finished getting tossed around like a rag doll by Ford’s new Shelby GT350R. The Ford dynamics and vehicle integration engineers showed no mercy as I sat there in the passenger seat turning blue. It was awesome."
This video is the best sounding one I've heard so far. Some of the others don't capture the true sound.
Can't wait to drive one someday.

Sponsored

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Since it has a drag mode, did ford release any of those numbers, or did any reviews comment on that?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I really haven't seen any significant mentions of drag racing - just road courses.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
GT350 is not a drag racing car, like how the 911 GT3 isnt a drag racing car

speedracermustangfan

Custom User Title
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 subaru wrx
Straight line performance is important too, some of the fastest track cars on the planet also dominate in terms of acceleration.

I'm eager to see how fun 2nd and 3rd gear pulls are. The boss was a beast, running very low 12's and it was a beast from a roll too. This car will have ~80 hp and ~50 lb ft. more while only being slightly heavier.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Yes so true.
Nearly every road race car is a drag car requiring straight line acceleration. And I can assure you that a fair number of GT350's will be run hard at local dragways as well.

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Status
Not open for further replies.