GT350R

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I found an old thread where someone posted this. I'm considering it, and sent a PM to the user who said he bought it to see how things turned out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-2...lby-License-Plate-Mount-Bracket-/172439502379
I just got a reply back from the member who bought it who said it's been good, and the seller was quick and courteous so I've just ordered it and will update. I needed something relatively quickly that would fit an R and not require removing parts of the car since I need to register the car in the next week and don't have many tools here right now.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I just got a reply back from the member who bought it who said it's been good, and the seller was quick and courteous so I've just ordered it and will update. I needed something relatively quickly that would fit an R and not require removing parts of the car since I need to register the car in the next week and don't have many tools here right now.
Any word on the bracket?

PONYKAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2014 GT500
You can install the tow hook with out removing the bumper.
I'm using the "License Plate Bracket STO N SHO Shelby GT350 2015-2017" from CJ Pony parts here. No drilling, works great, but it does sit in the trunk most of the time. One bonus is that license plate bracket takes the brunt of the scrapes when driving instead of the underside of the splitter.

As for the ZL1...is it confirmed that you don't have to remove the bumper cover to install the Tow Hook?

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Any word on the bracket?
100% Satisfied. I just moved and am going to do a quick video review when I get a chance, but for now am really glad I went with it. It's CNC'd aluminum, very light, and very sturdy. Installs in minutes. There are two tabs that align in the hex openings for putting the plate in the center. I wanted mine offset, so I simply unscrewed one of the two tabs and that allows it to fit off to the side also. The plate sits with about 1/3" clearance from contacting any part of the paint or bodywork.
plate angle small.jpeg
plate side small.jpeg

GT 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350, 2008 Shelby GT/SC convertible
Here was my solution to a front license plate bracket that I made myself.

I decided that it was time to figure out something for a front license plate bracket since here in Texas where it is required by law. I didn't see any need to draw more attention to the car from the local "men in blue" so I set out looking for a solution. After a quick internet search, I didn't find any options that I was thrilled about, so I took it upon myself to make my own bracket.

After reviewing the front end, I decided that the best solution was to fabricate a bracket that would install in the lower "egg crate" grill opening which is located below the front bumper. I came up with a design that would let me install the bracket without removing the grill which appeared to be too time consuming for this project.

I ended up with two 12" bracket bars - one bracket with T-nuts that was placed behind the egg crate grill and another bracket that goes on the outside of the grill which bolts to the inner bracket. This outer bracket also holds the two arms that bolt to the license plate. I also placed rubber weatherstrip on both brackets along the side that goes against the grill.

The inner bracket is wide enough that when turned sideways, it fits through the opening in the grill holes. I used tie straps through the grill like a "lasso" to direct it into alignment inside the grill so it could be properly located. (The tie straps also keep you from dropping the bracket inside the grill which would not be good.) During installation, I had to be careful that it didn't fall in behind the grill. I also tied a strap to the last hole just in case the inner bracket got away from me and fell out of reach. Once installed, and secured by the three bolts, the tie straps were cut and removed. (Note - the long bolt in the second photo was only used to align the inner bracket and was eventually replaced with a shorter bolt.) The two, shorter "z shaped" arms were bolted to the outer holes of the inner bracket, one on each side, and then secured to the holes at the bottom of the license plate.

One advantage of this install method is there is virtually no restriction of air flow through the grill opening where the bracket mounts.
20170609_163408.sm.jpg
20170610_151237.sm.jpg
20170610_151244.sm.jpg
20170610_152812.sm.jpg
20170610_152849.sm.jpg
20170610_153208.sm.jpg
20170613_182953.SM.jpg
20170613_183017.SM.jpg
20170610_153700.SM.jpg

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I love how your caption is actually a meme...

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
100% Satisfied. I just moved and am going to do a quick video review when I get a chance, but for now am really glad I went with it. It's CNC'd aluminum, very light, and very sturdy. Installs in minutes. There are two tabs that align in the hex openings for putting the plate in the center. I wanted mine offset, so I simply unscrewed one of the two tabs and that allows it to fit off to the side also. The plate sits with about 1/3" clearance from contacting any part of the paint or bodywork.
This looks quite good and would also like mine low and offset. The link says it's for a GT350 but looks like it works on 350R as well.
Good luck with your move!

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Here in Washington we have a la that allows cars from manufacturers that don't provide front plate brackets to not have them. I havd a letter that allows me to not have a front plate because the facia is to thin to provide proper support.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-...UBYULoH:sc:USPSPriority!11801!US!-1:rk:3:pf:0

I've had it on for about 6 months 5k+ miles on it daily driven and 0 regrets. I didn't go with the other brands because I wanted to show off the body of this beast as much as I can. And I'm not a big fan of the license plates being off centered (OCD)
Could you mount the plate higher than is shown in their pictures? I would rather mount it so the plates are close to the OEM position, but without the drilling.

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
I'm using the "License Plate Bracket STO N SHO Shelby GT350 2015-2017" from CJ Pony parts here. No drilling, works great, but it does sit in the trunk most of the time. One bonus is that license plate bracket takes the brunt of the scrapes when driving instead of the underside of the splitter.

As for the ZL1...is it confirmed that you don't have to remove the bumper cover to install the Tow Hook?
I just installed my ZL1 titanium tow hook/plate holder combo. I did not remove the bumper. It isn't hard, but it isn't a quick job. plan on 3-4 hours total working at a leisurely pace. I think the ZL1 kit was of incredible quality.

PAWOLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
Could you mount the plate higher than is shown in their pictures? I would rather mount it so the plates are close to the OEM position, but without the drilling.
You can move it up but won't be OEM. It will definitely be placed a little under OEM. If the oem look is what you are going for, have you considered putting 3M tape on it? That's how I've had it for my previous vehicle and never had an issue with the plate falling off.

s-l1600.jpg
Sponsored