Sponsored

body shop abused my mustang, what should I do now?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I would stay away from threatening auto shop managers with the police, that conversation won't end well for you.

I would certainly show the manager the footage and complain and see what he says.

TC
Yeah that would be extortion.

I would go hands on if this was my car. First, nothing will bring you more personal satisfaction than administrating a beat down on this perp. Second, taking an ass beating will learn the joy rider a valuable lesson not soon forgotten. If so inclined you could also slap the owner around a bit, but that would be purely optional.
This just puts you in jail...
Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
On almost all places with review capabilities the place can contest the review to be removed given if it can be deemed a "complaint" and not a true "review" it can be removed.

Perfect example of a review in this case. It could say the customer service was poor 1 out of 10, management poor 1 out of 10 etc.

Example of what they would like to leave as a "review" but is rather a complaint: "This happened to me at blah blah dealership and this persons name and that persons name did this to mean and no one should ever go there again." <-- This is a complaint and not a review therefore on most platforms it can be removed.

So posting bad reviews doesn't do much and threatening to post bad reviews or go to press unless something is given in return is borderline extortion in which they can get you for. So yes, walking away and never returning is typically your most effective option.
True, it's all in the verbiage, though. If you go about it in a manner similar to your example, then yes it will most likely be removed because it's a complaint. However, just because a consumer gets what they paid for doesn't mean the manner in which they get it doesn't matter. If that were the case, every restaurant would be a Dick's Last Resort.

OP could go about it saying that, while he did get what he paid for and the quality of work was deemed satisfactory, he was concerned about how his car was treated while the service was being rendered, and that the owner/manager not only hires careless people, but also lets them get away with a slap on the wrist. He doesn't have to say anything about expectations of reparations, but he can say that he was surprised the particular tech still had a job after being caught going for a joyride, and that the owner/manager should take liabilities to his company more seriously.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
True, it's all in the verbiage, though. If you go about it in a manner similar to your example, then yes it will most likely be removed because it's a complaint. However, just because a consumer gets what they paid for doesn't mean the manner in which they get it doesn't matter. If that were the case, every restaurant would be a Dick's Last Resort.

OP could go about it saying that, while he did get what he paid for and the quality of work was deemed satisfactory, he was concerned about how his car was treated while the service was being rendered, and that the owner/manager not only hires careless people, but also lets them get away with a slap on the wrist.
Mostly agree. Just go about it by rating each individual thing that he has a complaint about in that fashion. Like Bodyshops accountability for their work 1 out of 10. etc

CrystalWhiteLX50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Apparently home boy decided to delete his videos after trying to throw me shade... My questions still stand
Answer the questions Dante, what were you after?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Post it on social media, contact news stations, if the body shop owner doesn't make it right.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Then what's the use in having and using a dash camera ? :shrug:
There might be laws about recording people without consent.
That's why I posted earlier about having a note on the steering wheel saying "dash cam in use, mileage noted. "

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Apparently home boy decided to delete his videos after trying to throw me shade... My questions still stand
Answer the questions Dante, what were you after?
your comment on Youtube is pretty dumb.
"Questions: Why was there a dash cam, or any recording device? if you suspected that someone was going to flog your Ferrari.... Wait $28k Mustang? Are you just a sue happy *****? ...":crazy::crazy::crazy: tf??

Why I cant put a dashcam on my $28k mustang?:shrug:
Since they apologized so I decided let it go and deleted videos.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Dashcam are vital especially in accidents without eye witness, its a he said she said but guess who got the dashcam :)? Especially here in CA with massive amounts of uninsured drivers

As a worker you are entrusted by the customer to fix the car and not joy ride, its mainly about the respect.

I wouldnt even want you joyriding my Prius (if i had one).
Sponsored